4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

svolozhanin7

Jul 25, 2018
The plan is to keep most of the story the same as the original. So, yes, it will have only Alice's route with those multiple endings scenes at the end. But this small part I'm altering with the Goddess Sword can easily be used to make a Ilias route, so maybe after the game is finished I might make this Ilias's route, or when I finish, I will release the game file so people can take it can edit as they want and make this route.
I see, thank you for answering. Believe or not but Ilias is my favourite MGQ character I believe she is seriously underrated(I guess you can say she is my waifu). So I'm going to cross my fingers in hope for Ilias route in the future! :D

P.S-I'don't know how to program so I don't think that I myself will be able to make Ilias route, curses! T_T

Sep 1, 2018
Looks like you are more versed in this lore than I am. I seriously didn't remember about the Spirits being something beyond unique monsters, or that Cassandra had a surname. But if the Spirits are the embodiment of the element, then it really need to be changed, because that would put them on par with Ilias and the First, who are both gods embodiment of light and darkness (embodiment of an element sounds like what Aang of Avatar do in Avatar state, and Luka need all the spirits to fight a heavenly knight). And if the spirits aren't secrets, there is no reason to go after a book, even if Alice don't want to help, Amira would know about them.

Also since I'm giving them lifespans, the imortal monsters like Sphinx must have a reason to be imortal, so, I will made them to be made by the first. Ilias's angels are imortals, so it's consistent. (I didn't say they were in the original, just I'll give this excuse here)

Another thing that I want to change, and you may disagree, is that the First Monster Lord, won't be Alice's ancestor. Ilias didn't reproduce, she created the others, and the First is the same thing she is, so the same should be applied. In fact to make it more believable, Alice's family won't be the only one who had the throne, I will make other two families have it, one being Cassandra's family, but Alice's family kept the title for the last 16 generations. This will also give more legitimacy to Cassandra's anger, so I think it's better this way.

About the regions, I am still in doubt. I still think it's lazy to call it by one of the cities names, it do happens, as I mensioned São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro in Brazil are named after their capitals, I just don't like it.

I know that the haunted mansion isn't in San Ilia, but it isn't in a village also, I'm making it like that to allow me to expand this part a little. I even have a tileset exclusive for this part.

I'm trying to make it the best I can, so some details like those will be changed to make the world more alive and rich. Thanks for the feedback. Play the next part of the game when I release it and please tell me what you think, if it's better or worse than the original. If you have a better idea, please post it here. I really hope you don't let these small details stop you from enjoying the game.
The thing about the Four Spirits is that the four classical elements they embody are shown to be inferior to light and darkness. The four elements are used by the Four Heavenly Knights and the artificial spirits (and their summoners), but very few people can directly control light or darkness in the same manner. Similarly, in Paradox, the elements Holy and Dark are more advanced than the other elements: skills using them are available later in the game, they have additional costs, and they have the bonus of ignoring evasion. There's therefore nothing wrong with the Four Spirits being embodiments of the elements while being weaker than Alice I and Ilias.

Actually, in canon Alice I didn't reproduce normally, but created Alice II in the same way that she did the Six Ancestors. I'm not 100% certain why the Fateburn family is considered to be directly descended from Alice I, but it might be because of them having the genes of all monsters in them. Interestingly, the same is true of Cassandra, according to her Monsterpedia entry.

If you think that changing these details makes a better story, go right ahead. I think that your idea about Cassandra is better, for example.

Reactions: Unknown Developer

Passerby4554

Jul 3, 2017
Ok, not to be that guy, but how are things progressing? I have a little experience meddling with game codes, mainly RPGVXAce Editor, but is there anything I can help with?

Passerby4554

Jul 3, 2017
Not sure if you guys know yet, but I think I figured out why the game crashes when you leave the Monsterpedia. I checked it in the beginning, and it did crash, but later on, after I beat three monster girls and two bandits, I could go in and out without crashing! I'm not too sure as to what is causing it to crash, but a way to prevent it is to prevent us from using the Monsterpedia until we defeat an enemy, like the very first slime girl.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Not sure if you guys know yet, but I think I figured out why the game crashes when you leave the Monsterpedia. I checked it in the beginning, and it did crash, but later on, after I beat three monster girls and two bandits, I could go in and out without crashing! I'm not too sure as to what is causing it to crash, but a way to prevent it is to prevent us from using the Monsterpedia until we defeat an enemy, like the very first slime girl.
About this crash, I took a look into it, and it doesn't crash no matter how early in game I try using it. The Monsterpedia that you access in the menu is an outside plugin I found, so, if you pass to me what you did exactly before it crash it would help and a screenshot of the error would help too. What I can say is it in my tests the Monsterpedia worked as it should, the only problem with it is an unintended interaction with the post battle screen that make it count 3 times each monster you defeat, that's why I removed the count.

Ok, not to be that guy, but how are things progressing? I have a little experience meddling with game codes, mainly RPGVXAce Editor, but is there anything I can help with?
Well, the progress is going. I got distracted last month with some personal business, but I'm back in action already and I'm beggining to make the sea dungeon. Help... help... I need ideas for turning places into believable dungeons instead of just events, like the library. With code in itself, I don't need any help, but if you can map cities and dungeons better than I do (which I am sure it isn't hard, I'm really bad in this) I really could use this help. But if could code scripts, there are some bugs I really would appreciate you to solve.

Passerby4554

Jul 3, 2017
Well, in order:
1) I find that if you open it right after the initial opening, immediately after Luka mentions getting his gear, and close it, it will crash the game; also, there's no error message, it just says "RGSS3 Player has stopped working".
2) Glad to hear you back on track.
3) I can't really think of anything new on the top, but it can't really be hard to think of new stuff, like that Bee girl hive you made south of Happy harpy Village.
4) If by Map cities and dungeon you mean create maps for towns and dungeons to go through, I could possibly if I was able to add maps using RPGVXAce Editor and had an idea what kind of map I was making.
5) As far as bugs, if you send a copy of the most current version of the game you have, with an RGSS3A file so I can make it into an RPGVXAce project2 file, and a list of where/what these bugs are, I'll see what I can do.

Passerby4554

Jul 3, 2017
By the way, I just thought up of some epic additions for your game.
1) At the Grand Noah Colosseum, after the events of the tournament to get the orb from the queen, you could have it host a new minigame for completing three circuits of 5 enemies for gold and other rewards! The difficulties will be Contestant (easiest one), Contender, and Champion (Most difficult with the biggest payout of them all).
2) When we get into the Port Natalia region, you should put in the Mermaid Merchant from MGQ Paradox! She could be a new source of gold from combat (unless you add in more bandits), and to compensate the amount of gold she has, you can make her a difficult fight where she can use healing items and pseudo-magic items along with her normal magic.
3) In Grand Noah or Grangold (Basically any late-game city or town), you could put in a money generator in the sense of a Centaur Racetrack! Basically, you bet gold on a centaur, then the race plays out and if you win, you get a surplus and you lose gold if you lose; the way I see it you can make it random or do a gimmick of your choice, but it would still be a good way for us to make gold late game.
4) I got a wicked idea for a new dungeon and if you're a fan of the Dark Cloud games, then you'll love this idea.
Basically, you do a dungeon in a sunken ship and this can be a standalone dungeon separate from the Captain Selene ghost ship sidequest. It would have tons of gold, items, and other loot; and to sweeten the deal, you can add in new monsters like skeletons, ghosts (that you can only attack with Angel Halo or some pseudo-magic attacks), and other deep-sea beasties. Ultimately, if you want to, you can put an Angel Orb or a legendary accessory (Like one that lets you attack twice a turn or even have crazy speed on the rpgm wheel) and in order to balance it out, you'd have to fight either two powerful sea monster girls, like the Narwhal and Manta girl from MGQ Paradox, or one great big Leviathon (Not Levia from Paradox, but a legitimate Leviathon).
5) If you really like the first Dark Cloud, then this other idea is a sweet idea for you too, because we could take the Demon Shaft and put it into the game! What I'm saying is that we put in an end-game dungeon that spans over 500 Floors, but to make it easier, each floor will be a copy of a dungeon map, like from Selene's ship or one of the caves in the mountain where we fight the four bandits. But the twist is that with each new floor, the monsters in it get more and more difficult. To make it more desirable, there will be a vendor to sell epic gear and items, give you gold based on how far you get each run and gives you a key for a chest when you clear a 100 tier floor for the first time. Of course, there will be a mini-boss every 10th floor and a choice of a normal boss or a super boss at every 100th floor, and loot is given accordingly based on the boss beaten.

Suffice to say, I thought up the first four just two hours ago and the 5th one as I was writing this post, and once again I have to stop writing things in the morning.

Reactions: Invisible Demon

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Long time without an update. Well, I finished the events and maps of Meia Quest. Now I'm making the monster village being attacked by heroes, I call it Faraday. This one will take sometime because I'm creating everything from zero and there is one cutscene that is complicated to make (too many events). The good news is that since the friend, Passerby4554 here offered his help, it will speed up the process considerably.

Well, that's it. Sorry for the silence.

Reactions: svolozhanin7

svolozhanin7

Jul 25, 2018
Long time without an update. Well, I finished the events and maps of Meia Quest. Now I'm making the monster village being attacked by heroes, I call it Faraday. This one will take sometime because I'm creating everything from zero and there is one cutscene that is complicated to make (too many events). The good news is that since the friend, Passerby4554 here offered his help, it will speed up the process considerably.

Well, that's it. Sorry for the silence.
The creator has spoken! Shhh! Don't scare them!

TJoshua

Apr 30, 2017
Maybe when luka gets the spirits he can learn some magic because using the items can be difficult sometimes

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
New update. I have finished the map and events of Faraday Village (the village being attacked by heroes). I really think it's very good. I was challenging to think about how Luka would react when he sees heroes doing bad things and the shock of ideologies. At the end, I think what I did was in the character, I hope you like it. Now I'm finishing the Library map. I had an idea of how turning it into a dungeon, and it will have to do with a magic trap that book have. The book will be in a restricted area, and that's why there is no one near it to ask questions. I'm still deciding how Luka will get a pass to access it, or just break-in during the night. Still not decided. In other news passerby is finishing the last touches in the Haunted Mansion map.

Also I had an idea for one of Alice's Special food. It will be somekind of fish, yet to be decided, that you will need that poor mermaid that sells weird cooked stuff to cook it for ya. This part will have two Special food quests, and I still have no idea for the other, if you have any idea, please post it here.

When the maps and events are finished I will begin to work in the monster girls to fight, then I will make the animations of their attacks, and then I will think about the crafting to decide who drops what and what normal monsters I will include to fill in any space. Much work to be done. I hope I can get this ready until the end of the year. Thanks for the patience. See you.

Reactions: Invisible Demon

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
I think Otaku's Fantasy 2 is like that too. Succubus Prison back the time when you lose. In both of them you are killed over and over.

Troy168

Nov 23, 2017
As I continue playing the game, I'm really starting to hate the fact that the game makes you go straight to 1hp if you lost the fight. This makes fighting the harpy queen boss a real pain. And it doesn't help that gaining gold early on is rare, so I can't just go and get healing items. And if and when I lose to the harpy queen, it'll send me to the beginning of the harpy village. This causes a dead game with no way of going back.

PS: How do I get the extra scenes for Slime girl and Slug girl?

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
As I continue playing the game, I'm really starting to hate the fact that the game makes you go straight to 1hp if you lost the fight. This makes fighting the harpy queen boss a real pain. And it doesn't help that gaining gold early on is rare, so I can't just go and get healing items. And if and when I lose to the harpy queen, it'll send me to the beginning of the harpy village. This causes a dead game with no way of going back.

PS: How do I get the extra scenes for Slime girl and Slug girl?
Those scenes are placeholders. You would gain them ramdomly when you lose. Ilias will always tell you when an enemy have more than one scene, and at the moment, those scenes aren't made yet. I do have the CGs to do so, but there is no such a second scene in the original, I would need to write it myself, which I do plan to do, just not yet.

You do have a point about returning with 1 HP. Maybe I can record how much HP you had last time you touched a savepoint and restore your health to that amount. Let me check it.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Alright. The thing of 1 HP was to avoid players cheat by losing to recover health. I know the Rape on Lose is by itself a bad design, but it was the way the game was developed and thought, it isn't something I can really change. That's why I created savepoints, I didn't want a gameover everytime you lose to see a rape scene. But then came the problem of how to deal with losing. I thought and recover health would be a prize for losing beyond the rape scene. So I decided to leave the HP as 1 as the payment for the scene. I guess, I should know this would just piss the player.

Well, now the game will save the HP you had when when you touched the savepoint and recover your health by the same amount.

About losing to Harpy Queen generate a lockdown, that's exactly why I didn't put any savepoint in Harpy Village, only in the inn, where you can't go yet. This way, if you didn't pay attention to Alice and went unprepared, you just need to load the last save. Also if you did the quest in Iliasburg to help the people injured, you should have plenty recovery items when you arrive in Harpy Village.

By the way, you can sleep in Luka's bed now. That should be there since the begining, I just forgot to add, and since I know all the secrets, I never really needed. Also, after seeing the gameplay of SacredGuard who is making a youtube video series about this game, I decided to increase the number of initial items. Now you will get 10 herbs, 2 attack booster and 1 splasher. So people who don't look for hints can at least arrive in Iliasburg.

Edit: Before someone complain that it is boring to go the each city trying to find the item you want to buy. I just changed it as well. Every Science Lab will have all ingredients (Except Anrider which won't have the ingredients to make the Anti-Lust Potion)

Sep 1, 2018
There's one spelling mistake I found: the Queen Harpy's first name in this remake is "Lucrecia", but according to Paradox it's actually "Lucretia".

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes