4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

quake123

Mar 15, 2018
Top notch game. Have to admit was a bit hesitant but it was worth. Wont mind paying for this one.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
is the only way to get the h scenes to lose to the monster girls?
In each part of the game Alice will give you a reward, but yes, mostly. While I do know Rape on Lose is a bad design, in
the way the original light novel was made, that was the only viable way. I did thought about changing this, including scenes that could be triggered without losing (they do happen here and there), but the theme of the game is reverse rape, and Luka's virginity is an important part of the story which would make a certain scene lose its impact if I let him get laid more than he does.

I am thinking about making a new game+ with consensual scenes, but I will think more about it once the game is finished.

Reactions: XdnaX

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Guys, have I told you how I hate mapping? Serious, in the entire process of making a game, making maps is the worst for me. And the reason is simple... I am too perfectionist. The more I mess with it, the more I think there is too much opened, or it isn't organic enough, or it still look like the clone army of games, and things get even worse for world maps which have a bigger size to be fulfilled. I am really trying to stay away from the clone army of games, you may not have noticed at the begining, but if you pay attention you will see that most buildings aren't just squares/retangles, and the entryways aren't always in the front, some there are roofs in angle (mack roof), and some other details I put to make it stand out.

I do have some better free tilesets to use, but I decided to hold them to use in the later parts of the game. I want to have a different feeling in each part, and when I thought if I should use one of them in Ilias Island, I decided that make the game look better at the begining just to look worse in the middle (since I didn't find that many assets) would be even worse than begin using Mack tiles (which are not as commom as RTP, but are used in many games) at the begining and use the others later.

Ah... Enough with the outburst. Let me talk of what I came here to say. As you may imagine now, I am working on maps for Natalia Region, Iliasport is mostly ready (I may still mess with it a little to include a port tileset I found, damn perfectionism), the main events there are ready, your arrival, the explosion, Alice's dialog and her h-scene are all ready. I still need to do the people and inner maps. Right now I'm making the World Map of Natalia Region (too big, and I keep the impression I can do something better). Anyway, that is it for now. Sorry the outburst, about 20% of the time making a game goes into mapping and I get really stressed when that happen. Curiously enough, I believe 30% of making this game is being done in photoshop, and I'm not even drawing anything, just editing, changing skins, selecting and putting tilesets together... I was really surprized when I noticed.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Sorry, I didn't tested the Original version of the rape scenes. Thanks for the bug report. Just copy this file to Graphics/Pictures

Reactions: XdnaX

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Hello guys. After almost 2 weeks (72 hours playthrough) playing Lamulana 2 which came out recently, I finally beat it and I am ready to continue with MGQ Remake. Sorry, but this was a game I was waiting for since I beat the first one 3 years ago.

Now for the news. I finished San Ilia and it's castle, it's events are most in place, but I probably will take a deeper look into them to make them as fluid as possible. Whoever was thinking that Marie is recurrent character was right, she is back here in San Ilia Castle to give you another quest (the Haunted Mansion/village). She will be back in each kingdom to give you a quest, and I plan to give her some importance later on. Amira which would give the Haunted Mansion quest will give you the quest of the village being attacked by heroes. The dialogs aren't perfect yet, so I will look them again later.

One thing some of you may not like is about the Goddess Sword, while that scene is very funny, I thought that was a good plot device for some character development, so I will change the events here for a more serious one. The end will be the same, Alice giving to Luka the Four Spirits quest, I really think the way I did it was better and more believable, but it wasn't funny, so some of you may disagree. I won't tell how I did it now, I prefer to show you once the new version is done. And no, I don't intend to change big things like this frequently, but this time I thought it was a great opportunity. Also, since it will make Alice confront Luka (not in battle) I thought it would be better to leave them together for more time before it, so I will postpone this part as the third last thing to do here. When you try to meet the Pope you have to wait as you should, time enough to do the main quests. I still need to think how do I make the Library a dungeon in a believable way, any suggestions are welcomed.

Also, you many not like this, but I changed the name of the spirits. I did this because because those aren't people names, they are the names of their species, Torotoro really named as less as possible, only Alice have a surname. And I am thinking about changing the name of the regions to something that isn't the same as one of its cities, I still think it's ridiculous with São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro which are named after their capitals (Brazil thing). I am thinking about naming them as jewels like sapphire region was originally. Like Emerald, Opal and Ruby...

And the last thing, the haunted mansion won't be in San Ilia but in a village near it, I though like that I could work the enviroment better.

Well that's all. Sorry again about the delay.

Reactions: brynhildr and XdnaX

tzer

Apr 30, 2018
will there be more endings postgame part 3 mgq because i dunno what happened with doppel at the end

Julius

Jul 9, 2017
Isn't the whole point about the spirits being called Sylph, Gnome, Salamander and Undine being that they are literally the only ones in existence until their artificial copies were made? Giving them names seem pretty pointless to me, especially when TrTr deliberately didn't give them names despite having names for every other monster you recruit in Paradox.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
will there be more endings postgame part 3 mgq because i dunno what happened with doppel at the end
I really didn't thought about it yet, but Doppelganger was fan made monster if I'm not mistaken, there was also a monster in part 3 which was a Doppelganger but was made after the fan made one.

Isn't the whole point about the spirits being called Sylph, Gnome, Salamander and Undine being that they are literally the only ones in existence until their artificial copies were made? Giving them names seem pretty pointless to me, especially when TrTr deliberately didn't give them names despite having names for every other monster you recruit in Paradox.
Thing is: The only monsters that can fuse with other beings are the Four Spirits, which makes them unique, if they don't belong to a species it wouldn't be easy to vanish after their previous use, they would just stand out. Luka wouldn't need a secret book to find them, to ask around would be enough, Alice herself could easily have such info. Besides is making the four of them living in total isolation (to justify their vanishing) a good idea? Only one of them actually did in the story, Gnome, but Sylph, Undine and Salamander are living with people. You see? They aren't hidden. Salamander even trained Granberia.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And that's why I think it is better like this.

tzer

Apr 30, 2018
i meant the part 3 doppel it just upped and dissapeared not the fanmade one by the translator

Sep 1, 2018
Also, you many not like this, but I changed the name of the spirits. I did this because because those aren't people names, they are the names of their species, Torotoro really named as less as possible, only Alice have a surname. And I am thinking about changing the name of the regions to something that isn't the same as one of its cities, I still think it's ridiculous with São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro which are named after their capitals (Brazil thing). I am thinking about naming them as jewels like sapphire region was originally. Like Emerald, Opal and Ruby...

And the last thing, the haunted mansion won't be in San Ilia but in a village near it, I though like that I could work the enviroment better.
Thing is: The only monsters that can fuse with other beings are the Four Spirits, which makes them unique, if they don't belong to a species it wouldn't be easy to vanish after their previous use, they would just stand out. Luka wouldn't need a secret book to find them, to ask around would be enough, Alice herself could easily have such info. Besides is making the four of them living in total isolation (to justify their vanishing) a good idea? Only one of them actually did in the story, Gnome, but Sylph, Undine and Salamander are living with people. You see? They aren't hidden. Salamander even trained Granberia.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And that's why I think it is better like this.
While I like the sound of this remake, there's a number of things here I need to refute:

The Four Spirits aren't simply powerful monsters, they are the living embodiments of the four elements. It's stated that their deaths would unbalance the world, which is why in Chapter 3 they were sealed instead of being outright killed. They were not directly created by Alice I (neither was Sphinx, for that matter) and there is no reason why they must be species instead of individuals. The Four Spirits were only secret to humans, and this was because of Ilias suppressing information on them (mentioned by a scholar in San Ilia), they aren't a secret to monsters. Also, monsters can have sex without getting pregnant (possibly because of their ability to consume semen); note that many monsters, including the Four Spirits, rape Luka without getting pregnant.

While it's true that most monsters don't have surnames, it is not true that only Alice and her family have a surname. Chrome and La Croix/Shirome have the surname Artiste and are part of a famous family of monsters. Cassandra (and presumably Emily as well) have the surname Nereneid.

The four regions of the Sentora continent are named the Natalia, Safina, Noah and Gold regions, they don't have the exact same names as their capital cities (except the last two, to some extent).

The Haunted Mansion is already located outside but near to San Ilia, it was never inside the city. It's just that Luka and Alice hear about it from people in San Ilia.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
While I like the sound of this remake, there's a number of things here I need to refute:

The Four Spirits aren't simply powerful monsters, they are the living embodiments of the four elements. It's stated that their deaths would unbalance the world, which is why in Chapter 3 they were sealed instead of being outright killed. They were not directly created by Alice I (neither was Sphinx, for that matter) and there is no reason why they must be species instead of individuals. The Four Spirits were only secret to humans, and this was because of Ilias suppressing information on them (mentioned by a scholar in San Ilia), they aren't a secret to monsters. Also, monsters can have sex without getting pregnant (possibly because of their ability to consume semen); note that many monsters, including the Four Spirits, rape Luka without getting pregnant.

While it's true that most monsters don't have surnames, it is not true that only Alice and her family have a surname. Chrome and La Croix/Shirome have the surname Artiste and are part of a famous family of monsters. Cassandra (and presumably Emily as well) have the surname Nereneid.

The four regions of the Sentora continent are named the Natalia, Safina, Noah and Gold regions, they don't have the exact same names as their capital cities (except the last two, to some extent).

The Haunted Mansion is already located outside but near to San Ilia, it was never inside the city. It's just that Luka and Alice hear about it from people in San Ilia.
Looks like you are more versed in this lore than I am. I seriously didn't remember about the Spirits being something beyond unique monsters, or that Cassandra had a surname. But if the Spirits are the embodiment of the element, then it really need to be changed, because that would put them on par with Ilias and the First, who are both gods embodiment of light and darkness (embodiment of an element sounds like what Aang of Avatar do in Avatar state, and Luka need all the spirits to fight a heavenly knight). And if the spirits aren't secrets, there is no reason to go after a book, even if Alice don't want to help, Amira would know about them.

Also since I'm giving them lifespans, the imortal monsters like Sphinx must have a reason to be imortal, so, I will made them to be made by the first. Ilias's angels are imortals, so it's consistent. (I didn't say they were in the original, just I'll give this excuse here)

Another thing that I want to change, and you may disagree, is that the First Monster Lord, won't be Alice's ancestor. Ilias didn't reproduce, she created the others, and the First is the same thing she is, so the same should be applied. In fact to make it more believable, Alice's family won't be the only one who had the throne, I will make other two families have it, one being Cassandra's family, but Alice's family kept the title for the last 16 generations. This will also give more legitimacy to Cassandra's anger, so I think it's better this way.

About the regions, I am still in doubt. I still think it's lazy to call it by one of the cities names, it do happens, as I mensioned São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro in Brazil are named after their capitals, I just don't like it.

I know that the haunted mansion isn't in San Ilia, but it isn't in a village also, I'm making it like that to allow me to expand this part a little. I even have a tileset exclusive for this part.

I'm trying to make it the best I can, so some details like those will be changed to make the world more alive and rich. Thanks for the feedback. Play the next part of the game when I release it and please tell me what you think, if it's better or worse than the original. If you have a better idea, please post it here. I really hope you don't let these small details stop you from enjoying the game.

svolozhanin7

Jul 25, 2018
Greetings everyone, I have a question that I don't know if it has been asked and/or answered but still. "Will this fan remake of Original MGQ trilogy follow the linear story/"Alice route" just like in original game, or we will be able to take a different route and side with Ilias?"

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Greetings everyone, I have a question that I don't know if it has been asked and/or answered but still. "Will this fan remake of Original MGQ trilogy follow the linear story/"Alice route" just like in original game, or we will be able to take a different route and side with Ilias?"
The plan is to keep most of the story the same as the original. So, yes, it will have only Alice's route with those multiple endings scenes at the end. But this small part I'm altering with the Goddess Sword can easily be used to make a Ilias route, so maybe after the game is finished I might make this Ilias's route, or when I finish, I will release the game file so people can take it can edit as they want and make this route.

Reactions: svolozhanin7
4.60 star(s) 9 Votes