Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
gametime can be weeks days or years the game only finishes once youpad of the 100000 debt to the adventurers guild

May 20, 2017
I do intend to eventually add official character/scene art some point down the line. I don't know when that will be.
It definitely won't be all at once. But I do know most people prefer art over text.
Thanks for answering. And it isn't that I prefer art over text, it is just that art gives a good idea of what the scene looks like, making it easier to describe and saving people on longer texts, and makes it a little more arousing than just art or just text.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Edit 2: v8.1 exists and fixes some things.
Edit: v8 is now out.

This looks interesting, how much game time currently?
Not a whole lot yet.
The game still has a mighty need for more content.

gametime can be weeks days or years the game only finishes once youpad of the 100000 debt to the adventurers guild
Although you are correct, I would not advise the grind to get that ending.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scultonic

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Looks interesting. I kicked in to patreon to keep track of this. :)

I'll have to take a look at the code and what-not. Do you have any framework in place for adding pictures? I have a lot of legitimate 3d content and wouldn't mind doing some quick renders.
Glad you're interested!

Currently there is a very rudimentary system for adding images for characters, backgrounds and scenes.
As images are not currently my focus, you can't actually have character images change, to display stuff like different emotions, or have images for a loss scene change as the scene progresses.

I would recommend reading the modding guide in the games files if you want to mess around with stuff.

Reactions: Scultonic

QuadChroma

Donor
Jun 13, 2017
Glad you're interested!

Currently there is a very rudimentary system for adding images for characters, backgrounds and scenes.
As images are not currently my focus, you can't actually have character images change, to display stuff like different emotions, or have images for a loss scene change as the scene progresses.

I would recommend reading the modding guide in the games files if you want to mess around with stuff.
I actually tried to add a few pics by changing the "picture": "" and it wasn't reflecting. I didn't feel like messing about with the code currently.

I rendered the five town NPCs. I did ditch Elly's witch hat, since the only one I have is rubbish and looked like trash.

Amber
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Elena
Elly
Lillian
Vivian

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
I actually tried to add a few pics by changing the "picture": "" and it wasn't reflecting. I didn't feel like messing about with the code currently.
I'm guessing by reflecting you mean not showing up?

Last I checked monster images worked fine.
Not actually sure the last time I checked the npc image bit.

But "picture": "image.png" or whatever extension you used should work if you just dropped it in the images folder.
It is also possible the images are too large and not displaying correctly.

Also if you edited the npc/monsters in the game folder it wont actually change anything.
Make sure it's the renpy folder when editing game files.
Images still go in the game folder.

Hope this helps, if not let me know!

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
having allot of fun with it, very well done text game! just one question: is the only dungeon available so far the forest or am i doing something wrong? since it was released just in november i'm more inclined to believe is the first option.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
v9 is now out!

having allot of fun with it, very well done text game! just one question: is the only dungeon available so far the forest or am i doing something wrong? since it was released just in november i'm more inclined to believe is the first option.
v8.1 only had the forest area.
v9 has a dungeon that is unlocked as a location after you clear it.
Provided I didn't miss some catastrophic bug at least.

Reactions: QuadChroma

QuadChroma

Donor
Jun 13, 2017
v9 is now out!

v8.1 only had the forest area.
v9 has a dungeon that is unlocked as a location after you clear it.
Provided I didn't miss some catastrophic bug at least.
:-D

Mine blew up as soon as I tried to start new game. I'm guessing you're developing this on Windows? Because it looks like a file case problem.

Code:
  File "game/gamecode/LoadDatabase.rpy", line 129, in <module>
    jsonData = open(file).read()
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/home/dane/Downloads/games/x/MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v9-pc/renpy/monsters/ForestDungeon/Imp.json'
When I look the file has a lowercase "i" instead of a capital "I".

Once I made a symlink so both cases were there, it seems to work fine.

Also - once I edited the "picture" in the renpy directory (instead of the json file in the game directory, things are showing up fine).

Monster_girl_dreams-vivian.png

QuadChroma

Donor
Jun 13, 2017
One correction: The NPC images work fine - but the monster ones fail. It fails out with "IOError: Couldn't find file 'game/images/Monsters/Trisha_the_Succubus.png'.", Even though the file exists in that location.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
:-D

Mine blew up as soon as I tried to start new game. I'm guessing you're developing this on Windows? Because it looks like a file case problem.

Code:
  File "game/gamecode/LoadDatabase.rpy", line 129, in <module>
    jsonData = open(file).read()
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/home/dane/Downloads/games/x/MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v9-pc/renpy/monsters/ForestDungeon/Imp.json'
When I look the file has a lowercase "i" instead of a capital "I".

Once I made a symlink so both cases were there, it seems to work fine.

Also - once I edited the "picture" in the renpy directory (instead of the json file in the game directory, things are showing up fine).

View attachment 51831
Huh apprently imp wasn't loading correctly due to a typo... I should've caught that.
The game shouldn't have run on my end. Weird. Well I'll fix that.
Definitely going to need to do a 9.1 with all the errors people have found.

I should really take the extra files out of the game directory, but it just makes it so easy to back everything up on my end. Just is really misleading for people trying to mod the game.

One correction: The NPC images work fine - but the monster ones fail. It fails out with "IOError: Couldn't find file 'game/images/Monsters/Trisha_the_Succubus.png'.", Even though the file exists in that location.
Huh.
So I'm guessing you had, "picture": "Monsters/Trisha_theSuccubus.png" right?
I should probably go and double check all the image stuff while I'm doing all these other fixes.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
v9.1 is now out fixing numerous issues.
Remember to update your save in the options if you have one.

SlimeCrow

Sep 29, 2017
Can't start adventure now, when I click begin/start adventure, dialog box says "I returned to village".

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
v9.1a hotfix is now a thing because of issues.

Can't start adventure now, when I click begin/start adventure, dialog box says "I returned to village".
Issue has been resolved. Thank you for informing me.
Hopefully there aren't anymore.

Reactions: NODOGAN

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Hate to double post but v10 is out.
Mostly mechanical changes. Check the changelog for full details.
Nice!! i was struggling allot with the succubus since she got free from my restrains literaly the next turn after i used them, glad to know that's been patched, keep up the good work!

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
v10.1 is now out fixing bugs and doing some more balancing.
Edit: v10.2 is now out fixing more stuff.
Edit: v10.2a is out fixing a few things.

Reactions: necronovelist

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
Ha why didn't I see this on the latest updates page? Did no one tell a mod or just I missed it? Patrean page shows updates this week, yet its not in the page of latest updates that I can see. I think you need to contact a mod when you do an update on here to the OP so they know to flag it for Latest Updates page that is how most of us find out whos copies on here are updated.

I just got lucky was looking at Monster Girl Garden and saw this at the bottom as a similar forum topic link and clicked on it to see if it had any updates.

4.60 star(s) 80 Votes