DD84

Aug 27, 2022
Sheesh, this game is still unfairly balanced. The enemies appear too quickly, giving me little time to put up my archers before the enemies reach the other side of the playing field. Even the most basic goblin enemies take a hell of a lot of damage before going down. It doesn't help that my units don't attack fast enough to make a lick of difference.

Reactions: Scrination
Oct 11, 2021
Sheesh, this game is still unfairly balanced. The enemies appear too quickly, giving me little time to put up my archers before the enemies reach the other side of the playing field. Even the most basic goblin enemies take a hell of a lot of damage before going down. It doesn't help that my units don't attack fast enough to make a lick of difference.
Skill issue, just use shields and two lines of farmers and two lines of archers. In the later levels I used wizards to slow the enemies down and farmers as cannon fodder when the withes appeared. Also barrels wipe out most of the final wave on any level so use them wisely.

Reactions: soldier boy

MysticXcore

Mar 16, 2018
is there a way to cheat? I wanna give myself max points at the start of the round
-Let me know if you guys find a cheat

Last edited:
Reactions: ghost689
May 23, 2018
Man some of you guys suck, this game is easy… you just do what you do in pvz, spend all money on building up as many farmers as you can early, only putting down mines to kill the first few enemies until you’ve got a decent money farm going.
This game is a little different in that the cool-down on mines is too long to use them alone, so you’ll probably have to alternate between them and archers, but place archers only on a lane when an enemy appears and you can’t mine it.

I usually put 2 lines of farmers at the back (as I’ll want to replace them with dwarves when I’m heavy in cash, and you don’t want to be replacing attacking units, better to replace money earners when you don’t need the money), then my first archers go in front of them. For act 2 I use the shield dudes, but only place them to block a witch’s charm (as they’re equally the cheapest, and you lose nothing when they’re charmed, charmed archers can’t attack and charmed farmers don’t make money), and they go in 4th column. Then at end you just blow half of them up with barrel bomb. This worked easily for all of act 2, without a single “casualty”.

CaptainHUNK

Mar 10, 2020
Don't forget that there's a shop where you can upgrade units now, too. In the Act selection screen at the very bottom. Save enough of those new gems and you can just upgrade the hell out of your archers' damage.

Reactions: Father_of_Lies

DD84

Aug 27, 2022
In PVZ, the peashooters have a good rate of fire, and the pea reaches the enemy almost instantly. In MGA, the archers attack slowly, and it takes between 0.1 and 1.5 seconds before the arrow actually hits the enemy, and if it were to hit the enemy in a 0.1-second interval, it's far too late for the unit to be saved. The first-tier goblin girls are manageable until you get to the ones that wield shields. They take far too much damage, and if the player had been screwing around, focusing their attention on the wrong units, they would quickly be punished. That's what my main concern with this game is. The developer expects you to play in a certain way, and if you don't play according to the developer's wishes, you don't win. It doesn't help that the maps you play on are two spaces shorter than PVZ's usual nine, giving you less room for mistakes.

Never forget that everyone will have their own opinion and tastes, no matter what, and that not everyone caters to your persona. This game simply isn't for me, and that's fine, and I'll do my utmost from here on out not to post needless negativity in this thread.

May 23, 2018
In PVZ, the peashooters have a good rate of fire, and the pea reaches the enemy almost instantly. In MGA, the archers attack slowly, and it takes between 0.1 and 1.5 seconds before the arrow actually hits the enemy, and if it were to hit the enemy in a 0.1-second interval, it's far too late for the unit to be saved. The first-tier goblin girls are manageable until you get to the ones that wield shields. They take far too much damage, and if the player had been screwing around, focusing their attention on the wrong units, they would quickly be punished. That's what my main concern with this game is. The developer expects you to play in a certain way, and if you don't play according to the developer's wishes, you don't win. It doesn't help that the maps you play on are two spaces shorter than PVZ's usual nine, giving you less room for mistakes.
A single archer 1-2 spaces in will kill a wooden shielded goblin by itself. Even easier if you use farmer/shield to block. Or just a mine. If an enemy is 0.1 seconds away, or is even attacking one of your units, it can still be killed by that unit or another behind them, they’re only invulnerable during fuck animation.

I first tried all of act 2, it’s not hard, you can easily use different setups, just yes this game is slightly more challenging than PVZ’s start, so you have to focus money… but that’s how any of these type of games work really, focus money/resources at start = win. Just like an RTS.

Nub123XXD

Mar 15, 2018
Damn the new update bringing char upgrades and some grinding to it is awesome!! but i wish instead of a more extra ability that is planned (charged arrow, grenade etc) we get more "broken" stat changes like in pvz2 (reducing cost and plant recharge time) dont get me wrong its still a good addition to the game.

TLDR; Smaller maps make game harder
TLDR; Game not too hard with good macro
I kinda agree with these two actually, but the point that you can use "multiple strat" is sort of wrong. because of the shorter lane and -1 row to begin with you can't really do a "greed farm" + stall strat without maximizing the health upgrades on the tank/staller characters. and because its still 0.23(not released yet) kinda understand that you can't omega-sweat every level.

Though with the current night level, wall nuts guys are SUPER obsolete because of the bitch's charm. and without upgrades, doing more "advanced" tech(sunflower coin guys start on collumn 3, fill collumn 1 and 2 with ranged while killing stronger enemies with mines) will cut it really close(if you put down a pea shooter late the coin guy will die and can possibly fuck up a lane because the "invincible while fucking" mechanic)
Snow wizard is also slightly obsolete because of the no "boss" type enemies and the HUGE size of whordes combined with his slow firing speed + projectile speed makes him not worth it for 175

But im really hyped for how the dev is going to handle the -shroom and -pult type chars, really hoping fume-shroom(my beloved) will be a torch blower guy!
0.23 is a great update! good luck to the dev!

May 23, 2018
compare the first and the second update
Second update has less girls and less sex scenes.
The dev got lazy?
First update was a 0.2, this one was 0.23, means smaller update. I’ll imagine 0.3 will contain more major content like act 3.

Also fuckin hell man, game dev takes a while, even if you had an entire dev team, and they clearly don’t. Patience

Fleckenstein1234

Sep 2, 2023
I wished that the witch would shot their heart not on the first but on the second tile. This way you at least had a chance to not lose units to them and it would encourage to occupy the first or second line. As is my stragety is can be summed up with this gif by using farmers as bait:

20643e2a-668e-486f-b7ad-e178ff080171_text.gif

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes