Mod Ren'Py Mech Academy Multi-Mod [v0.4.21][RiamMar]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

BakaHu

May 8, 2022
There's a folder "for mobile JoiPlay users" where the mod downloads are. Did you apply it?
It should fix the "keyword argument 'directory'" error.

Alternatively, change the JoiPlay settings to use Renpy8+python2 (or pyth2? Not sure how it's called in JoiPlay)
I don't see a folder called that but I found the post which is on page 1

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017

The post from December 5th? Yeah, the linked file there should do the trick too.
Almost 1am here, so I'm heading to bed now. If there are still problems, I'll have a look in the morning!

cebs

Engaged Member
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
I already ported the game to my self with the mod, if you want i can post it tomorrow (already late here xD)

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I already ported the game to my self with the mod, if you want i can post it tomorrow (already late here xD)
You can still post it if you want. I'll would link it in my opening post. Is ther a post in the games thread I didn't see?

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Update mod please???
It is. :D
2024-02-08 T 16-54-03 - MEGA.jpg

Should work with v0.4.9.1 as well.

Edit: APKs aren't made by me.
Edit 2: Ignote the version number in the "About" section of the mod menu, it's probably outdated as f as I always forget to update the version number there (or remove it). :ROFLMAO:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Abbys_Cat

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
It is. :D
View attachment 3337243

Should work with v0.4.9.1 as well.

Edit: APKs aren't made by me.
Edit 2: Ignote the version number in the "About" section of the mod menu, it's probably outdated as f as I always forget to update the version number there (or remove it). :ROFLMAO:
Is your mod already include the fix in the 0.4.9.1? Can i apply only your mod or need to download whole game
I saw you mention that there have game breaking bug in the game thread (not sure it fix in 4.9.1 as changelog only translation fix).

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Is your mod already include the fix in the 0.4.9.1? Can i apply only your mod or need to download whole game
I saw you mention that there have game breaking bug in the game thread (not sure it fix in 4.9.1 as changelog only translation fix).
I provide the hotfix as well, but not the gallery update. So if you can live without that for this version, you don't need to re-download the game and can use my fix. There might still be a missing translation with my fix though, since I only fixed the error that's actually crashing the game.

The mod itself should work just fine with 4.9.1.

If you played till the very end of 0.4.5, you should be save from the game crash (which happens when you have to answer questions about what you remember from before the deepfreeze).

I encountered one line that's not translated, which is near the end and should be easily understood as "What the hell is going on.", not really worth it to redownload the game, imho.

So my recommendation is:
  • If you need the replay gallery: download 4.9.1
  • Else: just use my mod and
    • If you encounter a crash: apply my fix
2024-02-08 T 16-54-03 - MEGA.jpg

Reactions: doujin1

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
I provide the hotfix as well, but not the gallery update. So if you can live without that for this version, you don't need to re-download the game and can use my fix. There might still be a missing translation with my fix though, since I only fixed the error that's actually crashing the game.

The mod itself should work just fine with 4.9.1.

If you played till the very end of 0.4.5, you should be save from the game crash (which happens when you have to answer questions about what you remember from before the deepfreeze).

I encountered one line that's not translated, which is near the end and should be easily understood as "What the hell is going on.", not really worth it to redownload the game, imho.

So my recommendation is:
  • If you need the replay gallery: download 4.9.1
  • Else: just use my mod and
    • If you encounter a crash: apply my fix
View attachment 3339475
Nice!!! Thank you. this is very helpful.

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
Hello RiamMar,
It's me again sorry for the trouble, when I'm applied the mod there is a error show in main menu. If ignored the game continues then I'm going menu or replay again pop up the error and yes I'm playing JoiPlay also the game working without mod.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Hello RiamMar,
It's me again sorry for the trouble, when I'm applied the mod there is a error show in main menu. If ignored the game continues then I'm going menu or replay again pop up the error and yes I'm playing JoiPlay also the game working without mod.
There's a folder "for mobile JoiPlay users" that has a fix for that. Either use that or set option in JoiPlay to use Renpy 8 with py2.

if you don't want to change JoiPlay settings.

The next ModCore update should fix that issue of JoiPlay ignoring the game engine version and using the wrong version for good. Until then we will need that fix or settings switch. :eek:

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
There's a folder "for mobile JoiPlay users" that has a fix for that. Either use that or set option in JoiPlay to use Renpy 8 with py2.

if you don't want to change JoiPlay settings.

The next ModCore update should fix that issue of JoiPlay ignoring the game engine version and using the wrong version for good. Until then we will need that fix or settings switch. :eek:
Sorry to bother you. I downloaded in pixeldrain i fogot mega link.

The fix working now.
So I'm changed the JoiPlay setting nothing work same problem.

Edit : it's working renpy 8.0.3 engine without fix. Not working in 8.1.3
Also There is a problem changing old and new version. Last save state not in the same stage and some saves are not working.

Thanks man :love:

Last edited:

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Sorry to bother you. I downloaded in pixeldrain i fogot mega link.

The fix working now.
So I'm changed the JoiPlay setting nothing work same problem.

Edit : it's working renpy 8.0.3 engine without fix. Not working in 8.1.3
Also There is a problem changing old and new version. Last save state not in the same stage and some saves are not working.

Thanks man :love:
Yeah, the game is originally made in 8.0.3 and JoiPlay is running 8.1.3 by default. Probably even 8.2.0 in an update or two. Changing between versions might create save problems. Not sure what JoiPlay does in addition to just using the later version.

As long as the fix works! (y)

I'll have a look if I can add the JoiPlay compatibility to the next mod version already, since the next ModCore won't be ready in two weeks time. :D

Reactions: ArunPrime

iqcxv23_

Dec 24, 2022
Hello RiamMar I'm seeing this error any idea ?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 726, in script
    scene black with dissolve_1
Exception: Could not find font 'mod/fonts/Jost-Regular.ttf'.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Hello RiamMar I'm seeing this error any idea ?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 726, in script
    scene black with dissolve_1
Exception: Could not find font 'mod/fonts/Jost-Regular.ttf'.
Where did you put the mod folder? Or did you copy the content of the mod folder into the game folder?
Not sure how to fix it, well I do:
a) Delete the game and extract it again, then copy the complete "mod" folder into the game folder, not just it's content.
b) If you copied the content, there should be a config.rpy in the game folder. Open it in a text editor and change the 2nd line:
Code:
    ModFolder = "mod/"
to
Code:
    ModFolder = ""
This might solve the problem, if not, go with a)

Reactions: iqcxv23_
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes