5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
sorry but im confused are you working on the mec mod fix
Hey there!
I just uploaded the latest mod update to cover the reported issues to unlock all gallery scenes. You should be good to go to download the mod now.

There's a separate file for JoiPlay users to download as well. So if you're on mobile, you might want to download that file as well and apply it after you installed the mod. PC users only install the mod itself.

Reactions: STATE_

Shaun@121

Aug 11, 2021
There's a setting for it. Mod Menu > Ui > scroll down
View attachment 3145105
Well i m playing using joiplay and when i add your mod the recommended choices are starting to show but there is no option like mod menu that is in your screenshot maybe it is because of the joiplay but i assure you it never happened mod always work and always shows the mod menu button to open the mod menu

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Well i m playing using joiplay and when i add your mod the recommended choices are starting to show but there is no option like mod menu that is in your screenshot maybe it is because of the joiplay but i assure you it never happened mod always work and always shows the mod menu button to open the mod menu
Hmmm. When did you download the mod? I updated the mod today to include the touch variant for the quick menu that enabled the mod menu button in the quick menu for ArunPrime . It also contains another change for a choice, so that the full replay gallery is covered.

Here's the standalone version for that quick menu, just in case. Add it to the game and you should have the usual quick menu for mobile + my mod menu button.

If you don't get a hint shortly after the choice to "fake drink the medicine", you should redownload the mod, since you're then still using the old version from before my update. :)

Reactions: Shaun@121

Shaun@121

Aug 11, 2021
Hmmm. When did you download the mod? I updated the mod today to include the touch variant for the quick menu that enabled the mod menu button in the quick menu for ArunPrime . It also contains another change for a choice, so that the full replay gallery is covered.

Here's the standalone version for that quick menu, just in case. Add it to the game and you should have the usual quick menu for mobile + my mod menu button.

If you don't get a hint shortly after the choice to "fake drink the medicine", you should redownload the mod, since you're then still using the old version from before my update. :)
It is working now thanks for the help (y) Screenshot_2023-12-05-22-28-58-362_cyou.joiplay.renpy.jpg

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
RiamMar thanks for this mod.
Several of the choices in the game are quite ambiguous as to which may award relationship (sympathy) points to the girls or not and your mod has been really helpful.
Will continue using your mod for the future updates of the game.

I'll just point out one thing, two or three parts of the recommended dialogue options I actually didn't follow your "Recommended" choices;

Most notable case is Elara's scene with wine at her apartment (the others were the femdom choices with Mei & Sari scenes since I'm not into that kink);

It's clear Elara is drunk or under influence somehow, and for me, it just didn't feel right taking advantage of her in that state despite the mod recommending to do so. Sure it unlocks one scene in the gallery, but I thought the right thing to do was put her to sleep without the sex especially when she's not in the right state of mind.

Monologue at the end also reflects that I think:

MC when he puts Elara to sleep after resisting thinks to himself 'this was the right thing to do.'
Constrast to that, after he has sex with Elara, MC thinks to himself 'god, what have I done. She wasn't herself and I fucked her.'

Last edited:

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
RiamMar thanks for this mod.
Several of the choices in the game are quite ambiguous as to which may award relationship (sympathy) points to the girls or not and your mod has been really helpful.
Will continue using your mod for the future updates of the game.

I'll just point out one thing, two or three parts of the recommended dialogue options I actually didn't follow your "Recommended" choices;

Most notable case is Elara's scene with wine at her apartment (the others were the femdom choices with Mei & Sari scenes since I'm not into that kink);

It's clear Elara is drunk or under influence somehow, and for me, it just didn't feel right taking advantage of her in that state despite the mod recommending to do so. Sure it unlocks one scene in the gallery, but I thought the right thing to do was put her to sleep without the sex especially when she's not in the right state of mind.

Monologue at the end also reflects that I think:

MC when he puts Elara to sleep after resisting thinks to himself 'this was the right thing to do.'
Constrast to that, after he has sex with Elara, MC thinks to himself 'god, what have I done. She wasn't herself and I fucked her.'
Thank you for your kind words.

About the first scene you mentioned: Yes, you are right and I will change it to "save here to unlock scene" and recommend the other route with the next update. My WT should always try to stay on the "Good boy" route.

For the "Kink choices" I started to add the "kink" selection there and will add hints to what to expect from certain choices. Same "save here to unlock" as with the other scene.

It's a work in progress. :D Thanks for the hint tho~.

Edit: And I will probably add some toggles for some of these choices, like I have in my other mods. So peeps don't have to worry to replay everything if they don't have a save there.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: JJJ84

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Just got caught up with the Dev on this game, and wanted to stop by and say thank you so very much for making this mod!!! I was playing it using Universal Mods, though they did work for the most part, you mod made it MUCH easier. So again, thank you for making this!!!

• Red Heart

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Just got caught up with the Dev on this game, and wanted to stop by and say thank you so very much for making this mod!!! I was playing it using Universal Mods, though they did work for the most part, you mod made it MUCH easier. So again, thank you for making this!!!
You're very welcome and thank you for your kind words.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

Fucker289

Jul 5, 2020
Getting error when i play game with mod, without mod i can play,

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/mod/styles/frame.rpy", line 18, in script
style ModScreenInputFrame:
File "game/mod/styles/frame.rpy", line 19, in <module>
background Solid (defaultSettings ["styles"]["menu"]["buttonBackgroundColor"])
NameError: name 'defaultSettings' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2924, in execute
self.apply()
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2907, in apply
value = renpy.python.py_eval(expr)
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1083, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1076, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.2.22081402
Mech Academy 0.3.9
Fri Dec 8 02:23:31 2023

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Getting error when i play game with mod, without mod i can play,

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2924, in execute
self.apply()
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2907, in apply
value = renpy.python.py_eval(expr)
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1083, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1076, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Ren'Py 8.0.2.22081402
Mech Academy 0.3.9
Fri Dec 8 02:23:31 2023
Looks like you are missing at least one file. It should look like this. The "defaultSettings" are in the config.rpy
2023-12-07 22_04_17-E__Games__ modded_Mech Academy_MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc_game_mod.jpg

Are those files (arrow) in the mod folder?

I attached a zip with those two files, incase they are missing in your download.

Reactions: Fucker289

Fucker289

Jul 5, 2020
Looks like you are missing at least one file. It should look like this. The "defaultSettings" are in the config.rpy
View attachment 3152696

Are those files (arrow) in the mod folder?

I attached a zip with those two files, incase they are missing in your download.
1702073244851.png
These are the files i have in it.

config.rpy isn't missing, it's here

Let me copy the file you shared.
and see if ame works

well thanks for helping. :):)

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
View attachment 3156113
These are the files i have in it.

ya looks like config.rpy is missing,
but why is it? i download it 2 times from here last night but every time i got same message...
event when extracting files from zip i didn't got any error...
hmmmm

well thanks for helping. :):)
Does it work now? Because this config and init only has not rpy because it's a known file extension, I would assume. (it says rpy file in the file type column).
1KB file size is definitively too small though. Should be 5KB. Can you try the config I attached to my previous save.

And check that there's a config file with 4KB file size in the walkthrough folder. Maybe your PC doesn't like my configs. :D

• Thinking Face

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Nop still getting error even after coying the files you provided, now new error is showing.

While running game code:
File "game/mod/tl/ITA/mod/config.rpy", line 6, in script
old "Settings"
old "Settings"
Exception: A translation for "Settings" already exists at game/mod/config.rpy:7.

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
old "Settings"
old "Settings"
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2751, in execute
renpy.translation.add_string_translation(self.language, self.old, self.new, newloc)
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 475, in add_string_translation
stl.add(old, new, newloc)
File "D:\Mech_Academy_v0.3.9_Space_Samurai_Games_PC\MechAcademy-0.3.9-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 415, in add
raise Exception("A translation for \"{}\" already exists at {}:{}.".format(
Exception: A translation for "Settings" already exists at game/mod/config.rpy:7.

Ren'Py 8.0.2.22081402
Mech Academy 0.3.9
Sat Dec 9 03:41:08 2023
That's a different error though.
Does your PC not like my file hosts?
Here's my mod folder with pre-compiled files. Maybe that helps, if there's any other rpy file missing. :unsure:

Fucker289

Jul 5, 2020
Waitttt never mind i fvcked.

I accidently copyed it in game folder insted of mod folder,
now game works after i removed it from game and placed it in mod

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes