Mod Ren'Py Mech Academy Multi-Mod [v0.4.21][RiamMar]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
It should be the fix that have in my DL folders too. If something seems to be missing, give me a notice here please.
Yeah, tested it out and running into an error using your mod with the newest version right now, I can play the current update content fine from where I left off but I can't load any of my past saves files anymore. This gonna be a persistent problem you think or will we literally have to start from the beginning all over again? :unsure:

EDIT: Also do none of the answers affect the Irina car scene this update? Because I'm not seeing any recommendation notes in her choices at all right now, although it does start back up with Mei later.

Last edited:

iqcxv23_

Dec 24, 2022
Where did you put the mod folder? Or did you copy the content of the mod folder into the game folder?
Not sure how to fix it, well I do:
a) Delete the game and extract it again, then copy the complete "mod" folder into the game folder, not just it's content.
b) If you copied the content, there should be a config.rpy in the game folder. Open it in a text editor and change the 2nd line:
Code:
    ModFolder = "mod/"
to
Code:
    ModFolder = ""
This might solve the problem, if not, go with a)
it worked thank you

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022
RiamMar not seeing any notes on the car scene choices either, even though some of them I can see +1 to something with x52. One set of choices both have +1 but I'm not sure what the abbreviations are. It doesn't start working till the Mei scene. Then it stops working again in the club scene, as you can see in the pics below

Last edited:

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
RiamMar not seeing any notes on the car scene choices either, even though some of them I can see +1 to something with x52. One set of choices both have +1 but I'm not sure what the abbreviations are. It doesn't start working till the Mei scene. Then it stops working again in the club scene, as you can see in the pics below
I'll go check, maybe a line changed or something, which would my mod not knowing where to inject the WT. :eek:

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Yeah, tested it out and running into an error using your mod with the newest version right now, I can play the current update content fine from where I left off but I can't load any of my past saves files anymore. This gonna be a persistent problem you think or will we literally have to start from the beginning all over again? :unsure:

EDIT: Also do none of the answers affect the Irina car scene this update? Because I'm not seeing any recommendation notes in her choices at all right now, although it does start back up with Mei later.
The fix I have in my DL folders is not needed anymore and yes, the car scene and the club scene had a change in line number, as I suspected in my previous post.

Will post an update in a jiffy.

Reactions: Vortex@

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017

Do you still have the log of the error or post the traceback if it's still there with the updated mod (available in a hot minute).

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Mod is updated to v0.4.9.12 + translation fix as separate download until official patch is out.

The mod for v0.4.9.2 can still be downloaded from the Google and MEGA links.

Reactions: jasad

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
GrammerCop
v0.4.9.2 Encountered several bugs by this mod, Serious enough for me to drop the game. I am not sure if modder was responsible for the menu bugs or not but it was bad enough for me to be finished with the game itself.
Hey there!

Not sure which bugs you mean.

There were two bugs in the game in the beginning cause to problems with the translation, those should have been fixed with an official patched version. I provided a fix in the meantime for the English and Spanish translation.

I remember:
  • One person installing the mod the wrong way
  • One person using an emulator and not using the emulator patch
  • One save invalidation through the games translation bug or change in earlier content
  • The official patch being released and blanking the WT for 2nd part of 0.4.9.2
If you could tell me which problems you had, I might be able to povide a better service.

Have a good one and
Cheers, Riam

P.s.: If you encountered several bugs by this mod, it means you're pretty sure it is I who is responsible ;)

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
That was with Pixeldrain 4.12 version. I'm trying others now.
Edit: Working perfectly with GOFILE version 0.92

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
It doesn't work. Either to start or load. It just open main menu. View attachment 3397512
Can't find the attachement. Did you remove it again?

That was with Pixeldrain 4.12 version. I'm trying others now.
Edit: Working perfectly with GOFILE version 0.92
Do you have the latest version of the game?
  • v0.4.12 is the latest from Patreon and here.
  • v0.4.9.2 is the previous version
Just redownloaded the game and the mod from pixeldrain and they seem to work fine, both starting a new game and loading a save from v0.4.9.2. There were some changes quite a while back that might have caused an invalid save, but starting should always work.

Can you post the traceback? I could have a look tomorrow, when I get out of bed.

There's a high likelyhood that a patched version is released tomorrow. There's one known translation error that can be skipped by clicking ignore.

Another one: Are you using JoiPlay? You need to apply the JoiPlay patch from the "for JoiPlay users". Since JoiPlay uses a different Ren'Py version by default. This might indeed crash the game on starting a new game when using my mod if the patch is not applied.
Edit: Just checked, in theory, should work with JoiPlay already.

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
RiamMar Hey, thank you for the mod. Just to make sure, you are aware that the Google Drive download shows an email with a clear name as owner of the data? Not sure if you actually want that information to get out in the world, so I thought better to ask, even if unnecessary.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RiamMar

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Can't find the attachement. Did you remove it again?

Do you have the latest version of the game?
  • v0.4.12 is the latest from Patreon and here.
  • v0.4.9.2 is the previous version
Just redownloaded the game and the mod from pixeldrain and they seem to work fine, both starting a new game and loading a save from v0.4.9.2. There were some changes quite a while back that might have caused an invalid save, but starting should always work.

Can you post the traceback? I could have a look tomorrow, when I get out of bed.

There's a high likelyhood that a patched version is released tomorrow. There's one known translation error that can be skipped by clicking ignore.

Another one: Are you using JoiPlay? You need to apply the JoiPlay patch from the "for JoiPlay users". Since JoiPlay uses a different Ren'Py version by default. This might indeed crash the game on starting a new game when using my mod if the patch is not applied.
Edit: Just checked, in theory, should work with JoiPlay already.
Yeah, i did remove it. GOFILE worked until last version from the start,but no highlights on last update. I will do now how you recommend it.
Not using Joiplay Captura de pantalla (1547).png

Last edited:
Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
RiamMar Hey, thank you for the mod. Just to make sure, you are aware that the Google Drive download shows an email with a clear name as owner of the data? Not sure if you actually want that information to get out in the world, so I thought better to ask, even if unnecessary.
Hey, yes, I am aware. Since modding and AVN dev work is my official business, my name is publicly recorded in many places. Additionally, I am also a relative open person to start with, so I have no problem with that at all.
I appreciate your concern. <3

Reactions: botc76

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Yeah, i did remove it. GOFILE worked until last version from the start,but no highlights on last update. I will do now how you recommend it.
Not using Joiplay
Here's the mod download I just tested. Maybe there's something wrong with the download?
Attention when having the old mod installed. You have to remove the old mod folder first, before installing this version.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes