nemojmeje111

Nov 14, 2017
WTF happened with this version (or 2 precedent since I last played) ?
Shield has been nerfed to oblivion even save scumming has become useless since you're chronically underpowered.
From the previous version there have been changes in the game.
From now on the game is terrible and I wonder if it's worth playing any more.
Not only that the old saves did not work and I had to start from the beginning, it's naccesary to you have to save every step.
Just a weak demon can kill you because as you said, the shield practically does not work.
Just cheat HP and energy?

K9

May 28, 2017
So, powers are nerfed, scenes are bugged, and old saves don't work. I'll take a rain check.

Fights already needed save-scumming to get through, even with high levels shield and stun. Making the MC weaker is the last thing that game needed, it just makes an already too grindy game even grindier.

divaneam

Sep 1, 2016
So, powers are nerfed, scenes are bugged, and old saves don't work. I'll take a rain check.

Fights already needed save-scumming to get through, even with high levels shield and stun. Making the MC weaker is the last thing that game needed, it just makes an already too grindy game even grindier.
I can totally agree in the past several update is kind of disappointing, but I still checking up this game once a while wishing author would continue Emma and Kelly's corruption one day, instead of install more blue balled content.
That being said, there's a way you can abuse the combat system, simply use Q.Save before taking any action, if MC missed the shot, but Q.Load and try again.

Thegame

Jun 10, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'D:\\Game development\\Lust and Power v.0.5/game/z_TV_news.rpy', 1506255001, 5941) is defined twice, at 96.rpyc:1 and game/z_TV_news.rpy:1.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Lust_and_Power\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Lust_and_Power\renpy\main.py", line 364, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Lust_and_Power\renpy\script.py", line 265, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Lust_and_Power\renpy\script.py", line 753, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=fn + source)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Lust_and_Power\renpy\script.py", line 419, in finish_load
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'D:\\Game development\\Lust and Power v.0.5/game/z_TV_news.rpy', 1506255001, 5941) is defined twice, at 96.rpyc:1 and game/z_TV_news.rpy:1.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187

this happens on load. any help?

Rpgfan6622

Aug 23, 2017
I like how people are fine with save scumming but scoff at just cheating their health and mana up
I don't like save scumming or cheating. This is one reason I'm not going to play this game again. If the shields do not become more effective or survival rate improves then this game is dead to me.

Reactions: yiffzombie

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Yellow ones are too hard initially in this version. Basically require savescumming. An escape option would be nice.

It seems Jessica corruption 4/7 crashes the game in this version.

Sep 21, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Lust_and_Power\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Lust_and_Power\renpy\main.py", line 364, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Lust_and_Power\renpy\script.py", line 265, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Lust_and_Power\renpy\script.py", line 753, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=fn + source)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Lust_and_Power\renpy\script.py", line 419, in finish_load
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187

this happens on load. any help?
Are you using an old save? Cause you need to start a new game for this update

orion77

Mar 28, 2017
Last time i play this was long time ago. Why story was change from son to boy with voices in his head?
Is there a way to play original?

D.S.-sama

Casual Ren'Py Modder
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
the dev changed all the girls's variables, so I think that you'll need to put a warning with tells everyone to start a new game, although I think that you can just redo the all of things and it'll be fine. I'll try to upload my updated mod this day.

Reactions: Gabaw

mdspt

Feb 21, 2018
Gotta say I was a bit disappointed with the game, I played it many months ago and it's basically the same if not worse. Oh well.

BTW I fixed the jessica bug and the jack bug since I encountered them in my playthrough. Extract the contents of the zip to the "Lust_and_Power-1.5\game" folder. Cheers.

edit:
For modders that want to incorporate changes what I changed was:
On jess_cor.rpy, line 389 changed if v_met10 >= 10: to if v_olv_met >= 10:
The variable isn't used anywhere else so it might as well be if False: but meh.

on police_quests.rpy line 237 changed if v_fiddle_quest == 5: to if v_fiddle_quest == 5 or v_fiddle_quest == 6:

That's it.

groove888

Apr 12, 2017
I like how people are fine with save scumming but scoff at just cheating their health and mana up
By save scumming I meant restart from last interaction when RNG fucks you bad.

I don't scoff at cheating I just think it shouldn't be needed for the game to be playable (or at least enjoyable).

nemojmeje111

Nov 14, 2017
This thread is really the most amazing thing on the entire forum :D
This is like my 20th playthrough of the game and I cheated hp, energy, gave myself 10xp and invested it into the whatever the hell takes the demons hearts. Every fight is a one click win.
Also the amount of food you get now is ridiculously low.

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
Well, the game is unfinished and all I really want when I periodically try it is to see the new stuff. So obviously I give the MC a couple hundred combat points and 50 food in the fridge to avoid some of the annoyance.

I did run a few minutes with stock settings and it seemed like the game has gotten harder too, when raiding houses I kept getting empty houses instead of "level 1" easy reds. Instead I get hard reds in the street who are hard to beat with early shit stats, and the yellows show up constantly and make with the poison. I think the balancing may be going a bit awry.

But yeah, it's a lesser game now when the MC is just some random schlub who develops a mental problem with an inner voice who walks into a mansion rather than keeping it in the family. Sure, I know, Patreon, but still.

D.S.-sama

Casual Ren'Py Modder
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
In my opinion the dev loses to much time in changing the variables and so on when he could create more story line and images, doesn't he knows that we will forever find a way to hack his game... :p

R

RWaites

how to use wardrobe spell's ?
please help
click on the wardrobe in mom's room when she is not there and type sexymaid
click on the wardrobe in sister's room when she is not there and type sexykitten
and they should take effect next morning

3.00 star(s) 78 Votes