Ren'Py Abandoned Lovely Sails [v0.4.1B] [SnowShoes]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I can't remember how long you wait between Patreon release and public release.
I'll have it up for public tomorrow. There's some bugfixes I have to do on the .0 version that I didn't catch before releasing it to patrons. Should have more working buildings as well so sit tight for that.

Edit: Also should note, this build is more of a rework than a new content build. I've rewritten the bulk of it (both writing and coding), began the conversion to minor animated webm, and began the framework for the last mechanic (hub events), but it's not going to progress the story too much.

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Hey umm.... do we have a walkthrough for this game yet? Just askin :)
I'm super sorry for the delays.

As I've informed my patrons, my day job's kept me insanely busy and I haven't been home early for most the week. Currently 0.4.0 is pretty buggy and reserved for the patrons atm. The difficulty there is it's hard to release a public build in the current state with first impressions and all =\...Hard enough as it is to attract supporters/followers as I'm not super active on sites (other than this and reddit).

At any rate, once I've made the necessary bugfixes to push out a public build, the plan is to create a guide + update the Patron page to reflect the changes.

Apologies again T.T.

Lambert911

Apr 25, 2018
I'm super sorry for the delays.

As I've informed my patrons, my day job's kept me insanely busy and I haven't been home early for most the week. Currently 0.4.0 is pretty buggy and reserved for the patrons atm. The difficulty there is it's hard to release a public build in the current state with first impressions and all =\...Hard enough as it is to attract supporters/followers as I'm not super active on sites (other than this and reddit).

At any rate, once I've made the necessary bugfixes to push out a public build, the plan is to create a guide + update the Patron page to reflect the changes.

Apologies again T.T.
That's okay, as long as your also providing for the public. I just hope you'd provide the finish product for everyone as well. Keep up the good work and good luck :D

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
That's okay, as long as your also providing for the public. I just hope you'd provide the finish product for everyone as well. Keep up the good work and good luck :D
Oh no worries there.

This has always been a passion project and I don't have crazy ambitions for it (besides the design I suppose). Financial support does make me tap deeper into the well to grind it out longer, but you don't have to ever feel obligated to do that. Just be aware that as a solo dev, my progress will never match that of a bigger project. 2D art is time-consuming, mechanics are constantly getting rebalanced/scrapped, sound is a pain in the ass to declare over and over T.T.

ETA on 0.4.0 is probably 6/13, but deadlines are elastic for people in our field.

Thanks for the kind words.

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Some bad news for those who were quietly following, my Patreon's been suspended. Understandable given the guidelines on Incest, but I was hoping my small following would allow me to fly under the radar.

I'm not sure what's my next step, editing the game to fit the criteria shouldn't be too difficult. However, the revenue never really compensated the timesink and not being able to do the game the way I want it to simply is... discouraging.

I'll upload the original 0.4.x build here after talking with my patrons. After that, I'll have to see :confused:.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Some bad news for those who were quietly following, my Patreon's been suspended. Understandable given the guidelines on Incest, but I was hoping my small following would allow me to fly under the radar.

I'm not sure what's my next step, editing the game to fit the criteria shouldn't be too difficult. However, the revenue never really compensated the timesink and not being able to do the game the way I want it to simply is... discouraging.

I'll upload the original 0.4.x build here after talking with my patrons. After that, I'll have to see :confused:.
Hope be just coz nudity in the publics posts, like other devs. Take little time to fix and reactivate.

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017

There is one family member which causes Incest. Make her the next door neighbor MC grew up with who has been the little brother to her she has never had. And you'll be fine.

Reactions: yuriluv25

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
0.4.1 Build

Well guys, here's the 0.4.1 Public Build that was scheduled to go out this week. Unfortunately with the Patreon under review and the project in limbo, I don't have a proper changelog and post to give you all.

If you've played any of the prior builds, you can simply think of 0.4.0 as a rework of 0.3.0. In other words, plot is restructured but wasn't advanced. Off the top of my head, I still need work on (these are mostly tied together so not quite as hefty as it sounds):
  • refining info panels - More instructions/Cooking Panel
  • 6/12 perks - Temporary Perks/2 Permanent Perks
  • 3/28 buildings - Charms/Gallery/Engineering Desk
  • Engineering action - Needed for NPC Level 3 Events
  • heroine hubs - very raw atm.
  • refining events - sound and displayables
  • ratings/scores effect - Needed for Endings
Regardless, heavy changes involved both on the user-end and behind the scenes. Still uncertain of where I'll go from here, but I figured you all might appreciate this with F95 being the site I initially showcased this on.

Thjis

May 19, 2017
Confused a bit, if this is not about money but your passion. Why not continue it, even at a slower pace and just host it here? I have not played it, so I have no vested interest. I was just curious.

yuriluv25

May 10, 2017
you should do what deckmaster suggested, cause theres some lovely people round here that make incest patchs so they could always bring it back into game for ye, so the game can still be the way you want it in the end just different for patreons site version.

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Confused a bit, if this is not about money but your passion. Why not continue it, even at a slower pace and just host it here? I have not played it, so I have no vested interest. I was just curious.
I’m not sure if it makes much sense, but it’s the matter of accountability that comes with accepting even a dollar. A lot of my patrons are solely supporting my development and I don’t want to jade the process for them. Hell, when I went ahead with the rebuild I switched payment models so they won’t be billed for a delaying the project. While I’ve stated money isn’t the main factor, it’s not a nonfactor.

As for why I can’t simply continue the project for free on F95, I doubt I can realistically finish this (most of these Patreons stall even with 10x the funds T.T) as a casual project.

you should do what deckmaster suggested, cause theres some lovely people round here that make incest patchs so they could always bring it back into game for ye, so the game can still be the way you want it in the end just different for patreons site version.
It's definitely doable. I can't really comment objectively cause the whole thing is still fresh, but I suppose it circles back to the motivation angle I sorta brought up in the answer above. Never had a massive following and now having to content restricted on the whims of Patreon's guidelines is deflating.

When/If my Patreon gets reactivated, I'll post whatever bugfix version is needed for 0.4.1. Afterwards, I'll re-evaluate things then.

Thank you for the kind words though. It's always nice to get feedback/suggestions from fans/followers.

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Thank for the wonderful games. But 0.4.1 have save issue on mac
Hi donjon,

Unfortunately I don't have a MAC to test on for bugs. Are you unable to save at any point in the game? I know I had a Pickling Error when the puzzle minigame gets called up, but they should be fixed in the PC version. I may have to make a new declaration.

Also have you've tried the PC version on WindowServer?

Nov 16, 2016
For some reason, I can't start reluctant aid 3. Senna is at 100 exp level 3 relationship but whenever I go to the beach she just wants to talk

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
you can always make them non related "officially" and just realease "unofficial" patch as someone totallynotyou.

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
For some reason, I can't start reluctant aid 3. Senna is at 100 exp level 3 relationship but whenever I go to the beach she just wants to talk
Hi adventurefreebie,

This build only contains 2 "main" quests, 2 exploration quests, and 2 per/survivor quests (Nan automatically levels up). A rough level 3 was available in 0.3.0; however, I was getting feedback that the game's pacing was off so the decision was made to restructure everything to clean up the writing.

I know people don't play these games for plot -.-, but the plan was always to slowly lull players into the game with the midpoint (~level 3) serving as the climax with twists.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In other words, the quests are somewhat purposeful (well maybe not Nan since her character has shifted in development).

TBH, the level 2 events for the main heroines still need updating and I was re-layering body parts for Live2d before the suspension.

Hope that answers your question.

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
How do I raise relationship levels again?

I'm on the "Island Fever" quest with 6 days remaining now and I'm still not sure what to do. From what I understand, I need help from Senna, Karen, Theresa and Charlotte. I believe the game wants me raise the relationship with them (they're all level 1) to complete the quest.

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
How do I raise relationship levels again?

I'm on the "Island Fever" quest with 6 days remaining now and I'm still not sure what to do. From what I understand, I need help from Senna, Karen, Theresa and Charlotte. I believe the game wants me raise the relationship with them (they're all level 1) to complete the quest.
Check in your panel where they can be found. Go to their location and socialize with them. When the relationship improves (Heart) an event for the next level triggers automatically.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes