VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Love and Submission [v0.08] [veqvil]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Fallen-Shadow

So glad this is back!

I have been waiting and hoping for an update for this game for a while even though it looked like it was going to get abandoned. But i am overjoyed now since its one of, maybe even the best Ren'py VN's out there(In my opinion of course). While its definitely slow paced, its a great story to just take in.

The quality of the scenes and story is almost unlike anything ive seen in other games, not saying they are bad, but this one is just really good.

The characters all have their own charm, and also look really good. If you have little time to play, i do not recommend to sit down and start this, but if you have a couple of hours to sink in at once, i dont think there is another game id recommend more than this.

Yes its definitely not complete, but its great so far! And i am stoked for the next releases!

And if the dev is reading this:
    Thank you holy veqvil for returning to us! My day could not get any better right now!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Gwaine

Its a good game. At first, I wasnt sure because Im not a fan of VN games. Yet this one doesnt feel like your typical VN. I loved the sandbox implementation within the game. Having the options to do things without progressing through the chapters or effecting any character is really something that I wish alot of VNs out there allows player to do.

The visuals and renders are beautiful and amazing. The characters also feels different than most Daz3d models. And I liked the fact that we have different looking interior, different bathrooms, bedrooms, house, kitchen area, even shops because most VN have the same interior design to the point that I feel its kinda overused.

Story is great. I didnt explore all of the choices yet, but I like the facts that some choices gives different path that set you up with different outcomes. And personally I dont like the magical settings within these kind of genres, but LaS doesnt feels that magical, which is good in my opinion. It doesnt feel like the world is overwhelmed by these magic settings. And Im actually invested with the MC's background.

Its a good game. I have fun playing it.

These review is made on v0.08 update.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

GustafPL

Man, the storyline in this game makes me crazy. Really impressive scriptwriting. It's all about progress in the script and it's amazing when you starting to get suspicious about the characters at the exact moment when MC does and so on. Dear dev, keep it up, don't flee again. I'm going to unsubscribe from <other 'cool' dev> , better spend cash for this project
  4. 2.00 star(s)

burrito107

I find this game pretty frustrating. The visuals and the writing all seem good, but I tried going down the submission paths and it wasn't easy. There are so many options it's easy to miss the step needed to get to something good. The posted walkthrough helps some, but it seems out of date (even though it says version 0.5, I was hoping it was valid for the early game). I ended up going through the code some to get some help, and that showed me some sub content, but not much. As near as I can tell the becky sub content is no longer available?

Maybe I'll try again using the love path(s) since that's what the positive reviews point to. But I need a break.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

baka

enjoyment is very very low, its not a game to fap to, but to waste hours for nothing. sure, theres a lot of females, too many, the few at the beginning of the game that are interesting are put aside for more girls.I can start love-path with so many that I really dont care anymore. mom, sister, ex are enough, but version 0.8 I can't do much with them. I really can't focus with so many girls, instead I get irritation, when we switch to "sandbox" its just clicking and clicking to see if the "right" paths will happen, but no, theres so much story that for me is boring and uninteresting. maybe the end-result will be good, all girls will have something to go with. But right now I can't enjoy this game, and sandbox is not helping, even with the hints. Also, hints+sandbox is even more stupid, since we will just follow what the hints says. remove the sandbox mode and let it be pure VN, that would help "a bit".
  6. 5.00 star(s)

asdsadsadsadashdisuahdias

Great game, can't wait to see the next update. I played both the Submissive and Love route and it was fantastic. I love the CG and the girls. It has a good plot and little grammatical errors. Hopefully the developer can keep up the good work!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

JianYang-69

- Fantastic visuals
    - Actually decent plot for an adult game
    - Good character design and variety
    - Choices have adequate repercussions
    - Good pacing, things don't move too slow nor too fast

Looking forward for more
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Stonerbank

*My point of view is purely from the Love side*
    I will start this by straight up saying I don't like submission games, hence why I've avoided playing this game till now. However, I will completely say my experience with this game now has been fantastic to say the least. While I have only played the Love route and have no intention to try the Submission route, the renders are great and story is fantastic. I read all the dialogue and have enjoyed every minute of it. While there are several grammatical errors, it is usually just incorrect use of present/past-tense. In all, the game is easily a 5/5 and I'm greatly looking forward to more additions to the story.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Smokes13

I loved this game when I came here the first time. Now you´re back and everything is awesome again! o_O

The story is one of the most promising I´ve ever seen, and the characters still look stunning.

Need to play again right now!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

ShepardRahl

Revew of v0.07...

I really liked this game. It had an intriguing story, beautiful character models, and it used the sandbox well without it feeling like a chore.

I was hard pressed to find something I didn't like or thought was dumb. The only real issue is the occasional spelling and/or grammar error. They are noticeable, but hardly incomprehensible.

It pains me that this game is essentially abandoned. You never find out your father's secrets. You never find out about the Barons. You never get to reconnect with your new hottie ex. The [gang] part never goes anywhere.

I wish this game was completed. Very rarely do I ever find one of these games that hooks me like this one did. I recommend this to all that like good story with good models.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Bloodprinceoz

this game is pretty good so far, sadly the dev seems to have some personal issues which as prevented them from advancing the game past 07.0, and it seems to have affected them for quite awhile, indicating this might be the death of this game, however i will still review it based on whats currently available to play.

Love and Submission has two paths in general, a love path and a submission path, i've only played the love path, for most of the characters and so don't have that great of an insight into the submission aspect.

moving on to the game itself, the models and environments are pretty good, rendering is good, although animations (the few that are in the game) are a bit rough and leave more to be desired.

The plot is very interesting, i'd love to see how it plays out, especially because you get the meatiest part of it right near the end before the end of the current update (07.0)

I just have a few issues right now with the game, which is why i'm giving this 4 stars rather than 5 right now.

mainly it has to do with how the paths operate, particularly with the mother and sister. if choosing to have a harem love path with your mother and sister, you'll be locked out of scenes from their individual love paths (and maybe their sub paths aswell). i was only aware of this fact due to the Jmod linked below the download link allowed me to see the available gallery of pictures, without having to have unlocked them in the game itself, showing me scenes that fit into the general path i followed for the harem love path, but those scenes weren't in place, namely the massage scene set around 05.0 or 0.6.0 has a variation involving your mother being naked, especially if you got a special item from a previous questline, however it didn't trigger for my path, despite it effectively just being the same love path as the individual version.

there are also a couple of other scenes involving the mother, such as getting a blowjob from her and a sex scene with her, although i'm unsure if those are from the mother's individual love path or if its un-implemented scenes from 08.0 (i don't think they are)

there is also an issue wherein the futa character can end up with your mother, however this seems to only be restricted to one of the "specializations" (which are silly to have in the first place, it should rather just be training like in any other sandbox game, so that you can't miss out on scenes simply because you wanted something else first/thought it would be better at the moment) meaning i was unable to set that branch to occur of my path, especially since it doesn't seem to be integrated into the harem family path.

getting rid of the specializations would work wonders in allowing the player to access different scenes (although they'd need to be reworked slightly since the impact of your specialization really only happens the morning after your choice, and nothing else throughout the game seems to be affected greatly by either specialization.

also a general harem path would probably be the best option for allowing everyone to interact sexually (that you choose of course) while also fixing the futa x mother branch and allowing it to trigger in the harem family path.

overall if the above issues with the paths are fixed, then i'll gladly change my rating to 5 stars and state that my issues have been adressed, however currently it will stay as is, just so people are aware of the possible path issues they can face, especially if they enjoy having sex with every character or want a harem
  12. 4.00 star(s)

longjohngold

I really wish this wasn't abandoned ... but it kinda makes me hope someone else picks it up and makes a more streamlined version ... I'll explain.

So the overview doesn't do it justice ... turns out your Dad was some fancy psychologist who sexually conditioned you and your little sister in weird ways or something when you were younger (it's unclear during the game, just little flashbacks) ... and you get to pick a path tech/athletic/mind stuff (I obviously went mind) and then use that kind of knowledge to fuck with people, including your little sister ... then there's a ton of weird stuff going on with your surgeon neighbours and people's eyes changing colour and stuff. Also aside from the exgirlfriend most of the characters have top tier faces (even if some are overboobed - I really wish people would cut it out with that) ... but your little sister and some of your Mom's friends and this other girl are all excellent (there's even a decent looking trap girl if you're up for that).

So what's the catch? Well, it cuts out before anything good really happens and is abandoned... Why do I want someone else to pick it up rather than the original dev? Because for some reason a ton of what you can do in the game is tied to finding objects lying around, and he's chosen to quite often make them near impossible to see, even with the walkthrough I was having a hard time find some of them until I noticed the extra 2 pixels poking out of a shadow under something where they were... so if that was cut out and it was purely about the decisions I wanted to make during the game, what path to take and whether to make the character love or submit to me, we'd be on to a real winner... I only replayed through it once as it was so annoying getting the items but it made the little sister submission route actually start to happen so you basically can't avoid that part of the game.

I don't feel this really deserves 4 stars, but I love the idea of it so much I can't give it only 3 ... hopefully there's a sort of spiritual remake of it by someone else some time who also thinks it's a great idea, I've not looked into why the original dude stopped making it.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Shehreyar111

This game is perfect in all aspects,I hope developer can continue this game again...The Renders are really brilliant and story brings emotions and mystry to the player..Every character is unique and the game offers a lot of choices to all individuals so they can go the way they like...
  14. 4.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

Too bad, this game had potential. All the girls were really well made and the renders are great. Currently, the game is just a husk; not much actually happens and a lot is teased. If this game had a future, things would be looking great for it. The story is very interesting and I would have loved to see it move forward, instead it will collect dust.

Definitely worth a try, I find it interesting looking at all the "what could have been" games that end up getting abandoned for one reason or another. If only it was continued...
  15. 4.00 star(s)

taler

This is the best combination of visuals and writing in a VN of this style and format, and I've read a lot of them. Sad that it's abandoned. It looks like a very tasty setup, but I think the whole thing was over ambitious and that was the cause of the failure.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

obykto

Such a wonderful story. The characters are good and promising. It had a lot of potential to grow in many directions. I'm really curious to know what happens next. I wish vegvil won't abandon this game completely and make a sequel or something.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 444674

I've known this site for a little over 3 years now. I use a newer account, but when I had my other account, this game was at the top of my list of most enjoyed, which is why I'm am legitimately upset about the state of this game and genuinely hope veqvil is getting his mind right to make the biggest comeback in adult game history.

But moving on to the actual game, this game was one of the most enjoyable games I've played on this site. The characters were among some of the sexiest I've seen, the animations were (and still are) great to look at, the branching routes based on your skills were interesting and the story kept me coming back for more and more, especially with those damning cliffhangers that veqvil excelled at. (One of those cliffhangers almost set me off man)

My only complaint would be the sandbox style. I didn't like it back then and don't particularly like it now. LaS's sandbox is actually among the better ones in adult games, but like all sandbox games, there tends to be just a bit too much clicking for my taste. Moving from one room to the other, while not hard to do, just gets tedious when you want to just get to the next available scene. If memory serves, it was originally a VN style game that switched to sandbox mid-way through its development and I remember being very turned off by that because I've only had bad experiences with sandbox games up to that point. Like I said though, it's one of the better sandbox games. It's a sandbox setting that plays more like a VN style game. You move places to trigger events, but from what I remember, there are no repeatable events like all other sandboxes and the game goes back to the main menu once you've finished the last story event of the update.

So in saying all of that, it's basically a sandbox that doesn't need to be a sandbox. Which means it doesn't need to be implemented. You could play it as a VN and still get the same points across, probably better as well.

I hope. I hope, hope, hope, hope to see this game continue sometime soon. First, it was "On-Hold" but then I saw the "Abandoned" tag get tacked on some time ago and my heart began to crumble.

I want to recommend this, but I obviously can't due to this being unfinished. Come back to us soon veqvil. We miss you over here man :cry:
  18. 1.00 star(s)

Batdog

This is actually a great game...but since the creator decided to abandon it...this gets a 1 because it will never be completed and is a waste of time.

Please don't waste your time starting or playing this game all you will get is frustrated at an unfinished story.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

♩♪♫ ŤЦ尺尺ØЛ ♫♪♩

Awesome start for a game check, incest check, hot models check, attention grabbing story check2x, delivery check, so far everything good.

But sad to say everything all comes down to endgame, just like the movie, NO ONE wants a cliffhanger movie, no one wants a cliffhanger episode, no one wants a half part of a book or novel or a half-eaten pie.

Started out good but a very sad finish, no matter the reason to me that affects my view of the person who started this whole thing, his/her personality, professionalism, art and vision.

I REALLY HATE those who tells a story or a joke and not delivering the punchline/ending.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

trex9999

Just leaving this here because I am sad to see the abandoned tag, and I'd tell you to play it but you'd just be disappointed.

Like many others have said, the story (or at least the begginings of one) was one of the only VN game plots that seemed like an actual plot instead of a vehicle for sex/incest. Every single character so far had been pretty interesting and unique, and there were already kind of branching story arcs with different groups of characters. Never really once felt that the dialogue or "actors" felt forced weird or out of place.

Not to mention the models being fan fuckin tastic. Really all around just based on the taste of what could have been alone I've got to say this is far and above the rest.