Mod Abandoned LL Game mods for Lifeplay

After fixing and updating my mods. Which one would you like to see finished first?

• Dungeon and Harem Mod

• The Magic Mod

• Set Relationship V3

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Just wanted to come here and say we appreciate your work a lot, will be waiting for more info on the progress made! <3
Thankyou, to be honest my modding motivation differs from most modders, I actualy mod for my own pleasure, for every mod I release there are probabily 20 made. I have yet to find a game that fits my perverted nature, so I mold some of them into what I want. Much of this is either too dark or too personal for release, but I know some would be popular so I release them. However you may have noticed I care little for things like spelling or punctuation, or the many different quirks that other people have. So I do have quite a lot of work in making my mods right for public release.
If it wasnt for comments like this and the support of the people here, I wouldnt stop modding but I also wouldnt bother putting in the work to make them public. So your words are basicly what keeps my mods public.

Anyway I am back from the most mind numbingly boring and worst holiday I have ever been On, That is a week of my life wasted that could have been spent watching paint dry or anything more exciting than that week of hell. I will after that experiance be hitting the modding hard, so expect some good stuff during the next week.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
I enjoyed your mods but the magic book, I could never find it and believe me I tried and tried.
Yeah my bad, when I made that I must have been feeling rather sadistic(it does happen). It is based on pure random chance, with the odds at about 30/1. It will be remade eventualy, and next time I will use a decumulation random chance, so that each time you fail the chances of success get higher, untill it is guaranteed to win.
As normal I have a great deal of ideas for the magic mod, however it will be the last one I look at, due to the fact that much of Lifeplay is very inflexable. Basicly it would mean people having two versions of a lot of Lifeplay files, and me doing an actual stable fork of the base game(A lot of work).
This would alow me to put features into lifeplay that I consider essential and have asked for, for a long time. Such as base primitive models for the room designer, and locational placement for npcs's and actions. Both of these are very easy to do, taking probabily a couple of hours of work to complete.
They would alow much more design opertunities for rooms and buildings, and the abiility to pose scenes for interactions, and have sex scenes on furniture or valid locations, rather than the current restrictive method.
There is also a widley used method I have sugested that would fix clothing properly, remove ALL clashing with underwear and bits of body showing, whilst increasing performance.
The downside being my fork would not be able to be updated with Vin's updates. And I would not have the time to maintain it properly on my own.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Just to let you know whats happening, I spent some time trying to sort out animations etc, so that the landlord cam scenes could work a little better. Unfortunatly nothing I was trying seemed to work. It seems like half the anims are tied in to only work with lpactions rather than scenes, a very odd choice but thats out of my hands. Tried having a play at faking some anims by doing stuff like putting a mini chair inside the toilet to make them look like they sat on it, putting love seat hidden in baths to make them look like there bathing.This works with beds but it seems that if you change the size of most other furniture they wont use it.
I got pissed at the futility of fighting the game, and took a week off to update some of my proper game mods.
Anyway back again now, made quite a few upgrades to the 'Family tree' mod in settings, including an option to delete entire families, also fixed a few stupid bugs like a missing close brackets lol. Trialed a load of spells and chemistry stuff for when I get to them, and I am now back into the Landlord and building mods.
Added quality and repair to the building mod, so now you have 3 levels of quality in your furnishings, finished repair, setting up rents etc, and now working on gaining tenants. This will be very different to Landlord V1, rather than only getting a few potential tenants a day, you will have a group "on the books" constantly and you decide if you wish to show them a potential room.
Also tenants incomes where way to complex and buggy in V1 so that whole system is being simplified so it works better.
As a further note the 'Spy Cam' Mod wont be seperate any more as there just isnt enough content in it. It will still be there but as an option in the landlord mod, if you build a security room.
Oh and I also sorted out a way to make a 'breeding room' and trialed a new harem system, so with the chemistry addon you will have the option to turn a harem into a breeding area.
Hopefull to have a release in 2 or 3 days. however it may be buggy due to the complexities of the new building system.

Nov 22, 2017
Just to let you know whats happening, I spent some time trying to sort out animations etc, so that the landlord cam scenes could work a little better. Unfortunatly nothing I was trying seemed to work. It seems like half the anims are tied in to only work with lpactions rather than scenes, a very odd choice but thats out of my hands. Tried having a play at faking some anims by doing stuff like putting a mini chair inside the toilet to make them look like they sat on it, putting love seat hidden in baths to make them look like there bathing.This works with beds but it seems that if you change the size of most other furniture they wont use it.
I got pissed at the futility of fighting the game, and took a week off to update some of my proper game mods.
Anyway back again now, made quite a few upgrades to the 'Family tree' mod in settings, including an option to delete entire families, also fixed a few stupid bugs like a missing close brackets lol. Trialed a load of spells and chemistry stuff for when I get to them, and I am now back into the Landlord and building mods.
Added quality and repair to the building mod, so now you have 3 levels of quality in your furnishings, finished repair, setting up rents etc, and now working on gaining tenants. This will be very different to Landlord V1, rather than only getting a few potential tenants a day, you will have a group "on the books" constantly and you decide if you wish to show them a potential room.
Also tenants incomes where way to complex and buggy in V1 so that whole system is being simplified so it works better.
As a further note the 'Spy Cam' Mod wont be seperate any more as there just isnt enough content in it. It will still be there but as an option in the landlord mod, if you build a security room.
Oh and I also sorted out a way to make a 'breeding room' and trialed a new harem system, so with the chemistry addon you will have the option to turn a harem into a breeding area.
Hopefull to have a release in 2 or 3 days. however it may be buggy due to the complexities of the new building system.
We thank You very much for Your efforts, You are doing a excellent job !

Reactions: farmie

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Need some user feedback. Is anyone actualy botherd about the prices being local map correct?
By this I mean that currency is converted to be right for the map location you are playing on. EG bread in the Uk is around £1 where as in US and dont correct me on this ;) it could be $1.5, I do not mean the £$ I mean the price difference. The currency converter in Lifeplay is at best a pain in the arse at worst a buggy pain in the arse!
I can do it, but getting things right is going to slow everything down a little.

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Need some user feedback. Is anyone actualy botherd about the prices being local map correct?
By this I mean that currency is converted to be right for the map location you are playing on. EG bread in the Uk is around £1 where as in US and dont correct me on this ;) it could be $1.5, I do not mean the £$ I mean the price difference. The currency converter in Lifeplay is at best a pain in the arse at worst a buggy pain in the arse!
I can do it, but getting things right is going to slow everything down a little.
The only/usually, time, money prices 'bug-me', is when the prices are "outrageously " different,
and, they are just a, "Money-sink" tactic.

As in, like a box of 24 condoms, cost about $15,(USA), but in a game, the same is $150, for 12, or 6, sometimes *.
But, perhaps that's what they really cost where the Dev is located, and they are using the 'common' knowledge.
(*and they are not, just doing it, to create a "money-sink" for their game* )

I wouldn't worry too much about it, honestly.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
As in, like a box of 24 condoms, cost about $15,(USA), but in a game, the same is $150
Thats one of the things I mean about it being buggy, pluss it seems like some of the maps dont have the right data to actualy make it work. I will make a generic figure for now somewhere between US and UK costs, and try and get it working once the mod is done and uploaded.

Reactions: farmie

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Afraid its just an update atm, real life keeps getting in the way!
Just finished the 'Potential clients book'. Rather than waiting for clients you now keep up to 10 in a register of interest. Each time you interact with the mod there is a chance someone will join this list(max 1 per 24 hours). The chance is based on your prices, the higher your rates, the less interest there will be.
Unlike landlord V1 that only had single rooms, in this you can build single/double or family rooms, As well as making things a pain in the butt to write, this makes some interesting changes, double rooms may be occupied by couples, friends,siblings,Parent+child and family rooms couple be families or student let type situations.
The code for all this has just been finished, and is working as intended. However the text(story) relationships etc still need to be done, this is a little long winded but not difficult.
What remains to be done:
Obviously transfering the people from the 'Potential clients book' into an actual room is just a matter of data transfer and loads more text, so shouldnt be too bad. Then its just scenes for the spycam, gas and rent sex etc. So in short I am getting there!!! (Honest)
The intention at the moment is to release a beta once the code for tenants transfer is in. This will hopefully get a couple of people to test the systems and find any bugs, whilst I put together the actual text and story scenes.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Gook freakin news for a change! I just had an eureka moment(and I wasnt even in the bath). Anyway the short version, assigning different sized rooms to different people is a little challenging and long winded, with a LOT of variables. Anyway waffle free version I just cut probabily 4 days work into 4 hours work with a simple change on how things are done. Hopefully beta version should be tomorrow.
Im happy now lol

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Ok, so as you may have guessed my eureka moment, was actualy a total brain fuck! Don't get me wrong it worked. However I completly forgot about room quality and repairs, and they couldnt be used the way I was planning to do it. So it was back to the grind. On a possitive note however I have just finished assigning single rooms made in the building mod, to clients in the landlord mod and everything seems to be working as intended. Now I just need to do double and family rooms, but these are mostly just cut and paste from the single room code, with a few additions, so not very difficult.
Also finished the client/tenant wage code, rather than the first landlord where it generated the tenants actual wage figure, this one just genenrates employment status eg: unemployed/Minimum wage/Average wage/ high wage.
This combined with the tenants 'room desire' (also finished) should alow for more manipulation(If thats what your into!)
EG the tenant is average wage and can afford a room of medium quality, but desires a high quality, you could offer, or they could ask for better quality at the medium rate, for some favours!
As I said all the code for this is already done and working it just needs the scenes writing, which to be honest is far more fun than the data manipulation I have been doing so far!
Will update within 24 hours, but the beta should be about finished hopefully!

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Ok, so quite sure I should have the beta up for testing within 24 hours at most, everything I have tested is working, with the exception of one small bug in room quality that is hiding from me at the moment.

I am putting this text wall here as an explanation, because when I do release the beta I will probabily just go sleep after.

Understand that my computer is in a very public place, I cannot run Lifeplay and test the mod for most of the day. At most I normaly get around 3 hours a day when I can do stuff like that. A mod like this has a massive amount of variation and testing it completly will take time, so I am going to need other peoples help if I am to get it finished it quickly. I need bug reports and feedback.
Also be aware Lifeplay modding is mostly about writing scenes, the code just isnt in the game to do stuff like I am doing. This means that the code is massive compared to normal programming code. This makes missing stuff very likley and typos problematic.
So what will be in the beta?
Building is more or less complete apart from Options integration, and fluff stuff(I want to add an actual npc builder, team and a few scenes.)
You can buy 1 of 3 buildings(2 floors/3 floors/4 floors). the reason for this is simple during development of 'dungeon mod' It was often mentioned, I want the harem or landlord but not the dungeon, or other varietions of this. Doing it this way lets the player choose a building to fit the theme they want to play within a save.
On each building floor you can choose the room layout. Each floor has a left and right section, each section can be either 3 single rooms/ 2 double rooms or 1 family room. So a floor could be made up of 3 single/2 double or 2 family etc.
each room is then furnished to fit the required function.
Single rooms can be 'single residential/security/lab'
Double rooms 'double res/large lab'
Family rooms 'Large res/harem'
The basement floor will be slightly different in the fact it can be configured as normal, or a fully configurable dungeon/slave training area, but not both!
Apart from the dungeon area all these features are complete.
Landlord is mostly function complete, but currently lacks the scenes to make it a playable mod.
rent can be set for each type of room single/double/family and each quality of these low/medium/high.
A list of npc's (10 max) looking for accomadation, each time you run the landlord function someone new may join the list(Max 1 per day). The 1 per day will be disabled for the beta to make testing faster. The chance and type of npc looking for your accomadation is dependant on your prices. Each potential resident has different wants/stats/needs.
What isnt yet in!
Families/groups etc dont generate properly yet, A family group is just 4 random npc's
There are no scenes to move in or show a resident around. Its a simple click on an apropriate room type and they are in.
There are no scenes for spy/gas or interactions with residents.
rent is never collected and morgage payments are not withdrawn, the code is functional but will be the last thing activated.
There are NO 3D rooms currently in the Mod.

NOTES:
The beta is ONLY for testing functions and to help speed up development. It WILL break your save, so only use it on a new game. Actualy it shouldnt break anything but it will cause issues with the final release.
There is no real gameplay or fun or sex added at the moment.
All building times are rigid at the moment, I will implament options to shorten and length build times when the options are put in.
I need feedback on bugs and features if I am to finish this quickly.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Will definatly be up tonight just got to tidy the folders etc. FYI building and landlord combined is currently at just over 10,000 lines of code :eek:

Reactions: Kay_Kay

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Ok here is the building mod + Landlord + updated Options. It wont be put on the main page till its out of beta.
Starting options can be found in the 'PC' menu under 'Landlord' and 'Building'.
Please read my post 2 up before complaining or comenting about it being incomplete.
Now I will be working on the scene files for showing tenants around, should be no more than 2 days at most.
Forgot to add: Make sure to disable any previous version of the Landlord mod before running, or it will cause confusion!

Last edited:

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Single person 'room viewing' scenes done, hopefully get double and family finished today. although there will only be one type of each for now ' single/couple/family' I will add more variation later. The idea is to get a base setup done then expand it.
However I wont upload untill I have this, plus 'options' and a couple of interactions for residents. Then it should be mostly playable.

mjreynolds

Nov 3, 2020
Ok here is the building mod + Landlord + updated Options. It wont be put on the main page till its out of beta.
Starting options can be found in the 'PC' menu under 'Landlord' and 'Building'.
Please read my post 2 up before complaining or comenting about it being incomplete.
Now I will be working on the scene files for showing tenants around, should be no more than 2 days at most.
Forgot to add: Make sure to disable any previous version of the Landlord mod before running, or it will cause confusion!
is there an FAQ or directions on what directories to put your mods I've tried to use them but no sucess. I assume there do not go in the Module directory like other mods.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
is there an FAQ or directions on what directories to put your mods I've tried to use them but no sucess. I assume there do not go in the Module directory like other mods.
If you unpack them directly into the 'root directory' where lifeplay.exe is they should all work. To be more specific I need to know what mod you are installing.
The end directory should look like this.
LifePlay_4_2_64bit Dev\LifePlay\Content\Modules\LL_SlaveTrainer\ for dungeon
LifePlay_4_2_64bit Dev\LifePlay\Content\Modules\LL_Utils\ utils
LifePlay_4_2_64bit Dev\LifePlay\Content\Modules\LL_Mods\ for Landlord/building/hire
Assuming you have activated them in the mods setting?
Alternative is to unpack to the desktop, go into my folder structor untill you find 'modules', and drop everything from my unpacked 'Modules' folder, into the Lifeplay Modules folder.

mjreynolds

Nov 3, 2020
If you unpack them directly into the 'root directory' where lifeplay.exe is they should all work. To be more specific I need to know what mod you are installing.
The end directory should look like this.
LifePlay_4_2_64bit Dev\LifePlay\Content\Modules\LL_SlaveTrainer\ for dungeon
LifePlay_4_2_64bit Dev\LifePlay\Content\Modules\LL_Utils\ utils
LifePlay_4_2_64bit Dev\LifePlay\Content\Modules\LL_Mods\ for Landlord/building/hire
Assuming you have activated them in the mods setting?
Alternative is to unpack to the desktop, go into my folder structor untill you find 'modules', and drop everything from my unpacked 'Modules' folder, into the Lifeplay Modules folder.
Thank you, I will give this a shot when I get home later, but this will help. Trying to get the min age change and landlord for starters. I did figure out how to change the minimum age without the use of a mod though. Thanks