Mod Abandoned LL Game mods for Lifeplay

After fixing and updating my mods. Which one would you like to see finished first?

• Dungeon and Harem Mod

• The Magic Mod

• Set Relationship V3

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Slight delay,
No problems as such just got bored last night. Plus I couldnt work out how I wanted the build menus to lay out.
Anyway got a meeting at lunch, so have to take 4 hours off today. After that I will finish up.
Current status:
Building Timing is 100%.
Property choice is 100%. You can choose from 3 properties, the only actual difference is the number of floors 4, 3 or 2. This is so that if you only want to play the 'dungeon' mod youre not forced into a massive building development.
Intro 100%
Options integration 50%
Floor rebuilding 90% finished but untested
Floorplan layout 0%
Npc's 0% (Builder npc)
3D Room's 75% (Will be placeholders until Landlord)
All told about 4/6 hours work (Should be complete this evening)

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
well my meeting went on for over 5 hours lol, but should still be on course for getting it done tonight.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Need some information from those who know. On the animal side of lifeplay is there just horses and dogs?

semi interesting fact: I have just discoverd the 'Building' mod is handling just over 200 varibles to control the floors and room stats.
Although these are mostly for the dungeon and Landlord Mods.

Medievalover

Obsessed with thicc women!
Modder
Oct 18, 2020
Need some information from those who know. On the animal side of lifeplay is there just horses and dogs?

semi interesting fact: I have just discoverd the 'Building' mod is handling just over 200 varibles to control the floors and room stats.
Although these are mostly for the dungeon and Landlord Mods.
Yes! For now, it's just those two.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Pets should only be companions and not as sex objects, poor dogs and horses!
completly agree, but to be honest these arn't pets they are digital images made to look like things they are not. Its way beyond my taste but nobody gets hurt so if they want it I will put the option in. Even so this is on the verge of what I am comfortable doing.

Reactions: pootin and Tavern

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
OK this is where I am currently. As stated a short while ago, I wasnt happy with the way menu's were layed out. Took a little time out, to think it through and I know know what is going on.
The problem is my mods are not about adding stories anymore, Lifeplay has enough of those. They are now about adding Gameplay, something very lacking currently. The user can make his own stories from this gameplay.
And this is where the problems can come in, I over engineered the whole thing, this isnt unusualy when making games.
The whole thing just became to convoluted, so this morning I have scrapped over 50% of the building mod and I have started combining sections to make it a little less complex.
It will make it a little less involved from the playing side, however no features will be lost.
How it was working:
Buy building: Renovate floor: Section floor into 2 parts L/R: Section floor into rooms: Assign Room types.
Now:
Buy building: Renovate floor whilst section floor into rooms: Assign Room types.
So 3 actions on each floor will now be done in one action.
Yes it's a pain but sometimes it's easy to talk yourself into something that just doesnt work well.

Reactions: Misty

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
OK apart from the fluff stuff(Putting in visual stuff for the user). I do believe the 'Building' Mod is Finished and working as intended.
This IS a massive deal, it means 80% of the functionality for 'Landlord' is now done, about 40% of the 'Dungeon' and a good portion of the 'Lab' etc.
But it does seem to be doing what it's supposed to do. Giving myself an hour off now, my head hurts lol.

Medievalover

Obsessed with thicc women!
Modder
Oct 18, 2020
OK apart from the fluff stuff(Putting in visual stuff for the user). I do believe the 'Building' Mod is Finished and working as intended.
This IS a massive deal, it means 80% of the functionality for 'Landlord' is now done, about 40% of the 'Dungeon' and a good portion of the 'Lab' etc.
But it does seem to be doing what it's supposed to do. Giving myself an hour off now, my head hurts lol.
You have done a great job so far! Take it easy! :)

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
To be honest there is little anyone can do with this mod at the moment, So I will do the basics of 'Landlord' over tonight and tomorrow.
Going away on hol's next weekend so want to get a resonable amount done before then.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Ok most of the fluff stuff is now in, this is stuff like showing you build timers etc. going to spend the next couple of hours bug checking. But thought I would give you a quick rundown on what to expect gameplay wise.
Believe me it's way more complex than this will make it sound lol.
Choose 1 of 3 buildings. The only real difference is size and cost. 2 floor/ 3 floor / 4 floors.
Each floor is split in 2 sides Left/Right
Each side you can build in 3 configurations 3 small room/2 medium rooms/ 1 large room.
So a floor could be configured with 3 small and 2 medium rooms etc
You assign the usage of the room by its size, this is the current options.
Small rooms:
single residential.
security room: spycams
Lab room: Gases and potions
Medium Rooms:
Double residential
Advanced security: As small sec room, but with recording, work cams, your home cams, etc (Extra scenes)
Advanced Lab: Not giving away lab details yet but think Labrats. Also have a neat idea to randomize lab chemicals, so research will be important
Large Rooms:
Family residential
Harem
so far the code stands at around 2000 lines and thats without the landlord/dungeon stuff.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
That all sounds pretty cool. Will dungeon and training rooms be added in the dungeon mod?
Well the way things are going at the moment all the rooms will be avalable to build in the 'building' Mod, However they wont be usable until the dungeon mod is done. So yes I suppose.

Reactions: Pashax2

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
OK, I just added a 'buy me a coffee' link on the main page.
This wont get you extra content, it wont let you control what I make or when I make it.
It's there just so people can say 'Thanks' if they want. If it get nothing I will still mod, When I stop modding it's because I'm dead, not because it didnt make me money.
Also note If it did make anything it will get spent on gin/vodka and kababs not coffee. And to stop the Mrs moaning about time wasted on modding and not working.

Reactions: Misty and Pashax2

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Got bored number crunching and debugging today(Dont worry Landlord is coming), so made these for something creative to do.
There on the main page.
Work Boss Mod

For now, a simple small mod that should fit nicely with the 'hire secretary scene' in the standard work routine.
This however goes a little further, the base scene triggers on 70 jobexperience. This new one triggers first at 60,
it is also attached to the basegame 'Work' action which has been sped up to 2 hours.
At 80 jobexperience it triggers a new scene that lets you replace your boss.
Well not completly as that would break a few scenes, it also lets you hire a Personal Assistant. And all the fun and group action that brings.
However the main reason for this changed 'Work' action is to alow my other mods (Landlord,Dungeon,Chemistry,Magic,Cam)
to gain access to the work routine for general drugging, domination and harem actions in the future.

Add Perk Points Mod

An extremely simple mod that add a cheat action to 'crime',
'Add Perk Point' it well adds 5 perk points(can be rerun).
There are a couple of actions in Lifeplay I dont like!
'Your date hates this' fussy bitch.
'Youve caught a lethal STI' fuck off!
This lets you take the perks to get rid of the stuff you dont like without the work.
IT'S A CHEAT!!!

Oh and thanks for the coffee's, made me go all fuzzy inside. Well not quite but its nice to know your appreciated.

Reactions: Misty

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Lostlegends

Okay, I have a couple/few questions:

1 - This concerns the 'Family' creation part.
In your previous mod(s), your Teenage people, actually looked like Teens, (as in body proportions, and height) and not 'shrunk-down' adults, like a lot of other games tend to do (Sims 4, for example, until Modders fixed that).

Will you be applying that same 'logic' to these mods, (because, when I try to 'adjust' the models myself, they end up looking like, those damned 'shrunk-down-adults' ! (also, kinda reminds me of those 'B-Movies' from the '60's', where all the high-school 'kids', look & are, 25-30 yr.olds o_O, looks very 'out-of-place', if you know what I mean.)

2 - This I assume, is probably nothing to worry about, but I figured to ask anyway.

The "Building" Mod: you said the heights are 2, 3, & 4 floors tall, could one assume then, that the Landlord, himself, could 'take' a floor for himself, as a 'live-on-premise' Landlord ? (and it make it easier, to keep 'tabs-on'/'with-in reach', his 'renters', etc.)

3 - I going to have to re-download the game, as the original, is 'stuck' on another drive, that I can't access at this time.

My question is:

Are there any specific Mods, from the "Community Mods" section, that may/or do, conflict with your 'new' Mods ?
I'm mostly looking at, these:
1 - "Custom Room Preset Mods", mostly by Vima ;
2 - the "Custom Character Presets" ;
3 - maybe a few/some, of the, 'content enhancement' mods , (though, not sure which of those still work, by this time).

4 - Oh, What of your 'New" Mods are available, for 'playing' & 'testing' purposes ? (I thought I read, that some Mods are 'done', but not available yet for players, ( I could be completely wrong, though :unsure:)

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
@Highland_Hunter
Hi,
1, All my new mods, including utils with the 'Family tree' mod use the same actor models as the old mods. I will eventualy do a full family mod with several types of each age group, that will look better than my current ones. However nothing like that will be touched untill the full mod selection is finished.
2, I have been playing with that idea for some time. Currently I wont be putting the player in the same building. This is just due to the complexity of the current build. It is possible in the future though. Also due to the way it is now designed, adding a whole new floor (or more) is actualy very simple.
3, ALL my mods are made as much as possible to work with ANY other mods, I go to a lot of trouble to not touch base game files, so they are compatible. Currently I know of no mods that will break mine, Some could overwrite my room or bodys, but I very much doupt it.
4, The mod that is done but not available, is the building mod. This is because you cant actualy use it for anything at this time. All the other sub mods will fit into the building mod. You will be able to assign rooms in your building to the Landlord/ Chemistry/ spy cam/ magic/ dungeon mods.
The Landlord will be out within a week at most though.
Currently usable mods are the 'Business Hire more workers mod' and the 'work/Boss' mod I just uploaded. As well as utils, which is sort of a hub for the other mods to interact with, utils also comes with the family tree mod, which generates families for npc's and automaticly for 'business hire' as well as some other shit.
It's going to take me a good couple of months to get this lot all up and running though.

Reactions: Highland_Hunter

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Update on current progress for anyone interested.
Sorry there hasnt been much update info recently, but to be blunt this is a freakin nightmare :mad:
The base idea of all these mods, is actualy not that difficult to do. However I had to take it a step to far didnt I :rolleyes:
The problems come from the flexability of the building, and letting the user design the amount and types of room on each level.
A 4 story building can have anything between 8 and 24 rooms(not including the dungeon), each of these rooms can be changed to different functions to suit the players style and whims. This and the fact Lifeplay hates me, makes the mod a real pain.
Lifeplay modding is realy about making scenes, not a flexable building, rent system, dungeon, labrats etc.
But what the fuck, Stop moaning. At last I have the systems talking to each other. The building can build floors, rooms, and furnish them as required, then tell the Landlord system what rooms can be rented and used. Now comes the easier part the actual landlord code. Most of this is just copy/paste from 'Hire more people' mod plus a rent system etc.
There will be a degree of slow down however for the next week as on Friday I go on my holidays. However I am taking a laptop so, that combined with the forcasted shit weather and holidaying during covid, I could end up getting more work done lol.