secrecy

May 1, 2017
So as I understand it the dev. put out a so-so product and now is just going to tweak it instead of putting out new updates.
Apparently the dev. is following Microsoft's business model.

Basically all the updates so far have been a beta. I can see fixing up the previous updates somewhat, but not in place of actually creating new updates. If XRed has come to terms with the overwhelming opinion the old story is lacking then make the new updates better.
Stories with weak starts can get better, but not by declaring a dev. do-over.

This may be the first game that is abandoned by the players before the dev. lol
This game has no solution. At all. No matter developer could try. It is impossible to improve something that started sooo badly. At least, with the same developer.

So many mistakes from the start: empty characters, lack of charisma and chemistry between them, tiny environment, zero relationship development, no real conflicts, no real sruvival urges... you cannot correct all of this with an "improved version" from the same inept developer.

I understand what developer real intentions are: try to milking the patreon cow a few months with a "reevaluation" of the game. Easier and more profitable than quit a doom game, recognize the failure, and stop the incomes. Also, less honest.

He is unable to tell a decent story and have a serious lack of talent in games development...but people is paying him a good amount monthly for almost nothing, so, why to quit?

Reactions: Alex Lem and RustyV

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I mean, you gotta applaud ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit. The world contains a finite amount of money, and this dev has figured out how to funnel a disproportionate amount to himself. That's kind of the American Dream he's living, just somewhere else without a racist moron for a leader, so kudos to him I guess...?

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Look the game is not hopeless, it just needs someone who has the ability to rework the main characters, rewrite the dialogue and recreate the game.
Think of the movie Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it was an OK B-Movie. Joss Whedon took the two main characters and the basic concept then created a very successful series actually eclipsing the movie to the point of moving it to near obscurity.
I doubt this dev. can do that.

Vajto

Nov 21, 2017
While the idea is great, the execution is poor. Just played it through today and when i got to the beginning and an option to cover her boob before saving her life appeared, it kinda dropped the ball from the get go.
Im not looking to be trashy here, but I don't think the dev has the right mindset for these kind of games. I think he smelled money and wanted a piece of the pie. While there is nothing wrong with that, it probably won't reflect well on the game. I can't say I'm looking forward to its continuation.

anschwww

May 10, 2017
first use the place near the peer, more fish ;)
than use the arrow keys to see the hotspots. try several fishes, not all work.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
You always get 2 fish, but depending on where you click it's either the father or the daughter that catches them.

ps26

Aug 21, 2017
So as I understand it the dev. put out a so-so product and now is just going to tweak it instead of putting out new updates.
Apparently the dev. is following Microsoft's business model.

Basically all the updates so far have been a beta. I can see fixing up the previous updates somewhat, but not in place of actually creating new updates. If XRed has come to terms with the overwhelming opinion the old story is lacking then make the new updates better.
Stories with weak starts can get better, but not by declaring a dev. do-over.

This may be the first game that is abandoned by the players before the dev. lol
Yes, agreed! Seems to be potential, just needs to think forward rather than backward

Reactions: RustyV
3.30 star(s) 118 Votes