ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
What we know is that when Akira tried to tell her about the resets, that triggered something in her mind. She says that she saw a light and that caused her to choose (or be compelled) to jump.

Later, she said that by doing so she instead was completely enveloped by darkness and (somewhat) makes references to the the wishing well. I went into this in a previous post that talked about Akira's eyes.

My take is that she understood the nature of the resets and had an insight on how to break free. But many other things could have happened. What's also certain is that it didn't work, actually it turned out very bad for her.

EDIT: As an added note, it could be argued that Wires was the one that fixed her (after the reset, by doing a proper job with her memories - we don't know who brought her back in the moment it happened, and left her with the memories of the suicide until the reset), but I don't know if that matters.
Is this referring to the "Bluejay" event?

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
Question - has Sel ever shifted side girls to main girls? I honestly feel like Niki shouldn't even be a side girl at this point. Also would love to see Karin and Imani shift at some point but I guess the main girls are just meant to be...the girls in class?

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
I can't recall what every god was responsible for but hasn't wires been good so far? He's fixes things when they break and he was the one who gave Sensei his memory with Niki. Maybe hes done some bad stuff that I don't remember? I really have no idea, I had no clue what I was reading the first time around.

I do know that HOPE fucking sucks though. It's not clear why the gods want what they want but one moment that sticks out in my mind is when he called Yasu retarded. It sticks out because there is no way it was necessary and it's such a hateful thing to say about someone who has only been a loyal follower to him. Then he taunted Senei and made Yasu soil herself. That whole event just made me feel really bad for Yasu. How do you convince a fanatic to ditch their abusive god?

Thank god for Touka though. Seeing Yasu smile when Touka shows up always warms my heart.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Question - has Sel ever shifted side girls to main girls? I honestly feel like Niki shouldn't even be a side girl at this point. Also would love to see Karin and Imani shift at some point but I guess the main girls are just meant to be...the girls in class?
Well, i havent seen it because that must have happened before i played. But Kirin was part of the cast already before the switched to the class, aka the maingirls. And molly also did appear randomly out of thin air before she also did switch classes, so while i havent seen it, if it happened, i would guess it was those two.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
I got the impression that girls being side characters was partially a joke poking fun at typical harem games. Like they mention that Sara's not supposed to get attention because she's just a side character at one point. Despite that side characters get a lot of screen time, are well written, and play important roles. It's a pretty meaningless title especially when people like Niki are there.

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
"Does someone as convenient as Niki even exist?" - Hiwamari (aka Ami Arakawa the second, possibly).

Besides the joke though, thematically, I feel like all of the side cast is either not a student of the school, or just an accessory to the main cast story. The one thing I think all of them have in common is not being part of his class. Then again, if every one out of the 35 of them will have their unique ending, main and side don't really make much sense.

But hey, maybe a reason for the side cast being side just hasn't shown up yet. Like just the main cast being able to join the apocalypse squad or something.

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
I got the impression that girls being side characters was partially a joke poking fun at typical harem games. Like they mention that Sara's not supposed to get attention because she's just a side character at one point. Despite that side characters get a lot of screen time, are well written, and play important roles. It's a pretty meaningless title especially when people like Niki are there.
Makes sense - and makes me happy. Some of the side girls honestly are becoming my faves alongside my OG picks.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Wasn't it just cuz she was like secretly depressed or am I missing something here.
Telling someone about the resets is a trigger for them to recover their memories. Akira tells Makoto about them and that's when she gets the idea to jump. If not for that, she'd have probably just kissed him. But the game was rigged from the start, because even before all that Akira says he's feeling callous that night.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Final thoughts: I don't remember what she says about all this, or if HOPE mentions her in the future, haven't made it there in my replay, but going off of this, she seemed to have given herself to HOPE and got a really bad deal out of it. Dude didn't even had the decency to erase her memories when he put her back.

I can't reallly pinpoint just how much insight she gained throughout the scene, or after the incident until the second reset. She was definitely depressed, but I find it very hard to believe that she would ask Akira to be a witness to her suicide out of the blue, in a world where her father still lived.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Yes, Kirin was supposed to be a side character, but won a popularity vote on patreon and became main.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I can't recall what every god was responsible for but hasn't wires been good so far? He's fixes things when they break and he was the one who gave Sensei his memory with Niki. Maybe hes done some bad stuff that I don't remember? I really have no idea, I had no clue what I was reading the first time around.

I do know that HOPE fucking sucks though. It's not clear why the gods want what they want but one moment that sticks out in my mind is when he called Yasu retarded. It sticks out because there is no way it was necessary and it's such a hateful thing to say about someone who has only been a loyal follower to him. Then he taunted Senei and made Yasu soil herself. That whole event just made me feel really bad for Yasu. How do you convince a fanatic to ditch their abusive god?

Thank god for Touka though. Seeing Yasu smile when Touka shows up always warms my heart.
The Wire god/USER2 seemed to be implied to be responsible for the Scary Room that Maya went through, and Molly being raped, but Pareidolia may have been impersonating it, since it can apparently copy the others. It also seems to hate Maya, so, trying to traumatize her, seems up it's alley. (May also be The World Itself, as if it's meant to be Sekai, then Sekai seems to hate Maya as well:
Or at least one does. Probably the one in Kaori considering Kaori ignored Maya.)

Besides that, it doesn't seem all that bad. More of a just doing it's job kind of thing.

I also don't think it was HOPE who called Yasu retarded. This is what HOPE possessing Yasu seems to look like and act:
HOPE isn't exactly nice to Yasu, but doesn't seem hateful of her or judgemental of Sensei for wanting to fuck her etc.

On the other hand:
My bets are on this Sekai thing influencing Yasu. Might also be the World Itself that's been mentioned, most notably in Yasu's Chapter 3 Event:
Which happened to be when Yasu couldn't hear HOPE/her god.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 293 Votes