Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
So, he is basically the Emperor from Warhammer 40k. Everyone sees him as the perfect human being.
He is Gigachad, I think we established that before :WeSmart:
But the Emperor analogy is also very cool. And the 20 girls are the Primarchs:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I honestly think the whole "Everyone is instantly attracted to Akira for seemingly no reason" thing might be less active divine intervention and more the perception thing. The very weird and intentionally offputting looking Akira we see is almost certainly not what the girls see, and the game is pretty blunt about that. It's also almost definitely played for laughs, considering how often the girls are complimenting him during the comparatively few times he's on screen. They start going on about how pretty his eyes are meanwhile we're staring into something best described as, like, the middle point between the eyes of a dead fish and a child's attempt to draw a black hole.

I don't think there's much to it beyond the fact that reality is subjective and everyone else sees Akira as some kinda moody super twunk. Might be a symptom of how they're in a world that exists at least in part for him.
Ironically, Wakana and perhaps Tsuneyo seem to think he's kind of ugly:

Do we have any of Sekai's poetry?
They are scattered throughout the game, but there's one about gods:
Another about a dying parrot:
And she seems to be narrating one in Haruka's 'Again, I Can't Recall' Chapter 3 Event, if I recall.

There's likely a bunch more, but sometimes it isn't revealed who wrote them or it's unclear.

I'd think this one is hers, but it's from "The girl who is a girl who is a girl who is insane":
Might be Ami's?

• Hey there
Reactions: Moonflare

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
So, he is basically the Emperor from Warhammer 40k. Everyone sees him as the perfect human being.
I remember from some books that certain people actually do see him differently depending on their expectation. The great leader, the briliant scientist and what not. But that would fit to your point even better. Because the girls do the same. They see him as Father figure, potential husband, and what not.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Are we sure Wakana wasn't commenting on his behavior? Like getting to know the real Akira (being predatorial) makes him a lot uglier up close.

falco256

May 27, 2019
Tbh I kinda took Wakana's comment as a way to let him know that she wasn't remotely intimidated by his invasion of her personal space. The look on her face seems more playful than forthright, and he is essentially trapping her against the wall, which is an assertion of dominance. And her comment is basically a "Yeah, not happenin' bro."

Wakana is one of the few women who will banter with him and tell him how it is though. Not sure about Tsuneyo though, she always throws me off, like she doesn't quite fit in.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
They are scattered throughout the game, but there's one about gods:
Another about a dying parrot:
And she seems to be narrating one in Haruka's 'Again, I Can't Recall' Chapter 3 Event, if I recall.

There's likely a bunch more, but sometimes it isn't revealed who wrote them or it's unclear.

I'd think this one is hers, but it's from "The girl who is a girl who is a girl who is insane":
Might be Ami's?
Beautiful poems... I'll go search for more

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
So... apparently Kaori has been posting lingerie pictures of herself and she became super famous for it, and aditionally she was attracted to Akira from the start - and yet I had no recollection of this, nor do I remember this becoming a thing ever again (all before the first reset)

First, where are those pictures, queen of spiders? second, was Kaori doing this or is this Sekai or Pareidolia stuff so early in the game?
What's with Kaori and Sekai and Pareidolia? Do they inhabit her or something?

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Kaori was in a wreck, and seemed to require "spare parts".

Coincidentally, Sekai also was in a wreck and had certain parts of her still functional afterwards.

The theory is that Sekai's functional organs are in Kaori. Hence the scar on her side, and presumably the spider on Kaori's chest hides a scar. Kaori also apparently has a certain soft spot that is dangerous to touch.
Sounds like the start of Tokyo Ghoul

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
What's with Kaori and Sekai and Pareidolia? Do they inhabit her or something?
Unclear. There is something inside of her, could be that Sekai started to possess her recently, or that she's had Sekai body parts from the time of her accident. DeSkel15 went into it recently if you look at his recent posts.

Pareidolia's sphere seems to be both the dark and spiders, so his association with Kaori would be a given. She could be the Yasu to Pareidolia even (or maybe her possessed form). As with most things, that is an assumption for now.

Actually, that Pareidolia's priestess/herald is someone being controlled against their will by outside forces would make a LOT of sense.

Reactions: DeSkel15

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
What's a wishing well you're all talking about?
The cycle of resets seem to happen inside of something called the Wishing Well, or could be that it's the name of that mechanic. Basically, it's a place where you can become whatever you wish and do whatever you want.

There is a recurring audio narration that states that if Akira looks down into the bottom of the well, he sees himself. It could mean that the real Akira is at the room of the clocks (at the bottom of the well), after jumping to his suicide (diving into the well). There are also some passages about him having to learn to climb out of it, while some gods tend to encourage him to simply embrace it.

Weird/Happy Ami, that appears during resets, has writings on her that say that the wishing well is a place where you wash yourself of your dreams - that can also be interpreted in the light of what I said, or something else.

Seeing as how the well seems to be central to the narrative, it's unlikely we'll receive a definitive answer much before the end.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
The cycle of resets seem to happen inside of something called the Wishing Well, or could be that it's the name of that mechanic. Basically, it's a place where you can become whatever you wish and do whatever you want.

There is a recurring audio narration that states that if Akira looks down into the bottom of the well, he sees himself. It could mean that the real Akira is at the room of the clocks (at the bottom of the well), after jumping to his suicide (diving into the well). There are also some passages about him having to learn to climb out of it, while some gods tend to encourage him to simply embrace it.

Weird/Happy Ami, that happens during resets, has writings on her that say that the wishing well is a place where you wash yourself of your dreams - that can also be interpreted in the light of what I said, or something else.

Seeing as how the well seems to be central to the narrative, it's unlikely we'll receive a definitive answer much before the end.
Where do we learn that Sensei committed suicide?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Where do we learn that Sensei committed suicide?
There is a high possibility he jumped off the roof during the intro sequence of the game, that is revisited during the Happy Event Baby Finches - and reinforced by Makoto doing the same during the events of Bluejay (this one we actually see happening). Lastly, it is said a few times that he is currently neither alive nor dead.

Maybe he didn't commit suicide since we don't see it properly, but so far it has been somewhat hinted.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021

Weird/Happy Ami, that appears during resets, has writings on her that say that the wishing well is a place where you wash yourself of your dreams - that can also be interpreted in the light of what I said, or something else.

Speaking of wishing well, why is Maya and Ayane able to reset with us?

Is wired one (USER2) actually our ally?

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
There is a high possibility he jumped off the roof during the intro sequence of the game, that is revisited during the Happy Event Baby Finches - and reinforced by Makoto doing the same during the events of Bluejay (this one we actually see happening). Lastly, it is said a few times that he is currently neither alive nor dead.

Maybe he didn't commit suicide since we don't see it properly, but so far it has been somewhat hinted.
Also, I still don't understand why Makocchi jumped...

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Speaking of wishing well, why is Maya and Ayane able to reset with us?

Is wired one (USER2) actually our ally?
Maya says she's been resetting without Akira for a very long time (in the sense that he's wiped after one or two resets and she always remains). So in her perspective, Akira remaining for so long is the new thing. NAO seems to imply that him getting to know more about his past is also a new thing, and maybe that's why he's been able to remain (but it is also implied that Pareidolia and, perhaps Hiwamari, have been conspiring to make that happen).

We don't know why Ayane remained, that's a new thing from Maya's perspective too. There is the pregnant theory, sacrifice theory, god's chosen theory and roof theory. We just don't know yet.

USER2/Wires doesn't seem to be benevolent as much as he's just calm. His story is that he refused to leave his solitude, and his feet became roots that went out of his room and connected everywhere. Through the wires, he controlled everyone, but didn't ever abuse this power because he would only interfere when strictly necessary to maintain order (because that was written into his code), and so people just stopped believing in him.

He didn't seem to mind, and remained as he was, now much weaker and dying and only able to control the ones that willingly gave themselves to him. Since he seems to only interfere to preserve order, and would not go out of his way to force his will, it could be argued that he's the least intent on fucking with Akira, but he can't help much either.

That somewhat changed during update 0.40, where he seems to have chosen to take a more active role - maybe as a reaction to Pareidolia, that is doing so much to further his own plans.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

What's unclear is if that was OG Sensei, or simply a previous loop of Sensei ending one of his cycles.

4.20 star(s) 293 Votes