Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I wasn't going to bother with this, but since you're going to update the mod anyway, I noticed another conflict when i played with Difty's DLC (I really wanted the commentary).

When you're talking with Cece the first time at the bus stop, in your mod it says you'll get a missed opp if you don't offer Cece a place to stay that night.

But in the Drifty walkthrough, it says the missed opp is to ask her, and by not asking her you get the chance to ask her again in the hospital while talking with her. This doesn't change anything after that point (as long as you ask her I presume ... I've yet to try playing a do-everything-wrong run).

[Edit: just realized this kinda works like the Nite Dawg signature task. That random thought doesn't seem relevant though.]

The only other issue I remember is some minor point discrepancies, but I don't remember where, and I know they don't impact any game choices.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
When you're talking with Cece the first time at the bus stop, in your mod it says you'll get a missed opp if you don't offer Cece a place to stay that night.

But in the Drifty walkthrough, it says the missed opp is to ask her, and by not asking her you get the chance to ask her again in the hospital while talking with her. This doesn't change anything after that point (as long as you ask her I presume ... I've yet to try playing a do-everything-wrong run).
Well, in this case, if what you state is true, then Drifty is wrong. Here's the proof (with the fat (dialogue) trimmed). My notes for this post in the code below are in orange and are marked "Sancho":

The "Bus stop" choice with Cece (choosing 'Offer for her to stay at your place' awards ep1OfferedCeceStay):
Python:
$ ep1OfferedCeceStay = False         # Sancho: The var is False by default (opportunity is missed when this var is False)
menu:
    "Bid your farewell":
        me "Yeah, I probably should start walking home and get some shuteye myself."
    "Offer for her to stay at your place":
        $ ep1OfferedCeceStay = True  # Sancho: The var is changed to True as seen via this choice
        me "If you don't have a place to stay, I can help you. You can spend the night at my place if you need to."
The Ch1 Cece summary. The missed op is given if not ep1OfferedCeceStay which in code means that the variable is False (Python reads this as "if [var] is not True":
Python:
screen ep1_endscreen_cece:
    if not ep1OfferedCeceStay:     # Sancho: This conditional is processed if the var is NOT True (ep1OfferedCeceStay is False)
        $ ep1_opportunity_ce += 1  # Sancho: The opportunity is now missed (reported as "Cece options missed: 1")
Now, with that out of the way, at the hospital the variable only changes dialogue, nothing else... nothing ever again until the Ch1 Summary code noted above. Also, the new variable given hospitalConvCeceOfferStay does nothing, ever, throughout the VN (it's a nothing variable, never used). This choice is obviously available whether the player chose either choice above ("Bid your farewell"/"Offer for her..."):
Python:
"Invite her to stay at your place.":
    $ hospitalConvCeceOfferStay = True  # Sancho: This var means nothing, it's never used in the VN so disregard it for this post evidence
    if ep1OfferedCeceStay:    # Sancho: here's the "Bus stop" var from the choice in question if True
        me "My offer still stands, you know."
        me "There should be more than enough space in my apartment for you too."
    else:                     # Sancho: here's the "Bus stop" var from the choice in question if False
        me "I'm not saying this to sound creepy. But..."
        me "I have an apartment. There's more than enough space in it for you too."
Edit: cleaned up the post and added my comments in the code to make the evidence easier to understand for those who don't know code.

Last edited:

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
I've updated the mod's FAQ according to the 2 bugs found in Chapter 1 (Stat screen MO's and Lexi's MO in the ChoiceGuide):

I'll create a maintenance update but thinking I might as well update the entire mod to the latest Core v7 to give all the additional features of the latest SanchoMod code. That way it's worth our while whenever revisiting the VN for another go down the road (the best VN's never get too old, they are like fine wine, just wait and replay them after some time has passed like rewatching a favorite movie or listening to a favorite album).

I've been extremely busy the last few months so don't hold your breath on this being done promptly but I will do it (it's going to take a few dozen hours of work to port it over). It's one of my personal favorite VNs so I'd do it for me anyway... you get the benefit as well.

That's it for now. Regards.

Thanks to Broutminou for stumbling upon the stat bug in Ch1 which led me to personally stumble upon the second bug.
I just dl'd the game and was looking forward to play it with your mod... I'll just be patient and play another one, waiting for the freshly baked version updated to Core v7. Keep up the awesome work !

HappygoluckyMediumBlackbear-size_restricted.gif

(Nope, won't let my running joke be forgotten, sry)

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I just dl'd the game and was looking forward to play it with your mod... I'll just be patient and play another one, waiting for the freshly baked version updated to Core v7. Keep up the awesome work !

View attachment 2349898

(Nope, won't let my running joke be forgotten, sry)
At this rate I should just get baked instead of baking :ROFLMAO:

Greymantle

Jan 11, 2018
At this rate I should just get baked instead of baking :ROFLMAO:
(not native english speaker, but I think I still got that joke :LOL: )

So no LoF for me ATM, and I suppose I'm safe playing Steins;Gate series (as long as you don't plan on modding them ofc :sneaky: )

concord72

Mar 30, 2020
Just started playing, after texting Kira for the first time the game has stopped progressing, I am stuck on a black screen. I can access my phone, my only remaining task is Chris is coming over, screen stays black otherwise.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Just started playing, after texting Kira for the first time the game has stopped progressing, I am stuck on a black screen. I can access my phone, my only remaining task is Chris is coming over, screen stays black otherwise.
presumably you're using the SanchoMod ... I've never heard of that problem myself. It's early though, so I'd try a fresh reinstall (new folder) of the game and the mod -- maybe even a fresh download of the zip files. If it happens again, try posting on the official forum, see if it's happened to anyone else.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What platform are you trying to play on (it's only PC compatible)? Tens of thousands have not had a "stuck on a black screen" issue so I need more info from you.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I loaded a few scenes back in the story and messaged Kira slightly earlier, that seemed to fix the issue.
So, is there a bug you've found or not? What occurred when not doing as you stated exactly (your original issue)? I ask only if you think there's an issue on my end or you know it's something on yours.

concord72

Mar 30, 2020
I originally had a fresh install of the PC version and the mod. I got to the part where u have to text Kira the first time. I dont know what happened but I ended up in a position where I had texted her but the next event would not trigger. So the game had nothing to display (i was seeing a black screen, besides the cheat menu on the bottom left), the phone appeared when I hovered above it and I could access it. The only task that was left to do was something to do with Chris, but it was for the next day I believe. I can't go back to it cuz I fixed it, unfortunately.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Anybody can help me? thanks!

View attachment 2433107
Sure I can.

The proper installation process is two very simple steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP.
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time. Try that and report back please.

You're welcome.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: horisss_

horisss_

Aug 29, 2018
Sure I can.

The proper installation process is two very simple steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time. Try that and report back please.

You're welcome.

works like a charm man, thanks, again!

Reactions: Sancho1969

jgg

Feb 13, 2018
Hey Sancho1969, thanks so much for all your mods. They are hands down the best of the bunch, and I'm always happy to see a game get your mod.

I have more of a general question. How do you open the .rpa files for RenPy 8? I haven't been able to find an RPATool that works.

GameBoyy000

Jun 16, 2020
Hello Sancho1969
Sure I can.

You're welcome.
Hello.
Thank you so much for this mod. However, is this mod not compatible with the Music Restoration mod?
I read about the steps you have outlined about finding old music files in chapter 7, but I cannot find any download link for chapter 7 where I can do it from. I tried installing the Music restoration mod first then the Sancho Mod but it gives me the error that SanchoMod Not installed correctly.

Edit: Just found a link for chap 1-7 download files for audio...will try copying them in game folder and your instructions

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Hello Sancho1969

Hello.
Thank you so much for this mod. However, is this mod not compatible with the Music Restoration mod?
I read about the steps you have outlined about finding old music files in chapter 7, but I cannot find any download link for chapter 7 where I can do it from. I tried installing the Music restoration mod first then the Sancho Mod but it gives me the error that SanchoMod Not installed correctly.

Edit: Just found a link for chap 1-7 download files for audio...will try copying them in game folder and your instructions
The music restoration mod is designed to work with the Drifty DLC for the unmodded steam version and uses a completely different method compared to Sancho's, so no, not compatible.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello Sancho1969
Did you get sorted? The post here has links to the music files if needed (or you can get them from your Ch7 if you have it).

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes