Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm having a problem after Installing the mod. When I press " Start" After installing the mod, the game just freezes.
Still got confused on install the mod
It's very very simple. If you know how to install just the VN you're halfway done.

There's nothing to be confused about at all.

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it. Don't do anything else but start the VN and you're done. What's imperative is that you don't attempt any hackery or other shenanigans, just follow the simple two steps above, nothing else.

draco_O

Nov 22, 2023
It's very very simple. If you know how to install just the VN you're halfway done.

There's nothing to be confused about at all.

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it. Don't do anything else but start the VN and you're done. What's imperative is that you don't attempt any hackery or other shenanigans, just follow the simple two steps above, nothing else.
I think I might know why it's not working. And yes I did try these steps, they didn't work. Does this mod work for 1.0c version of the game? Because if not then there isn't a download option for 1.0.1c Or 1.0.1s version of the game.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think I might know why it's not working. And yes I did try these steps, they didn't work. Does this mod work for 1.0c version of the game? Because if not then there isn't a download option for 1.0.1c Or 1.0.1s version of the game.
It does work, it works for over a hundred thousand folks that have installed it over the last year+. What issue are you having, specifically? What platform? Etc.

draco_O

Nov 22, 2023
It does work, it works for over a hundred thousand folks that have installed it over the last year+. What issue are you having, specifically? What platform? Etc.
The problem is just that without using the mod, the game works. But after installing the mod, the game freezes after I press "start". I'm using JoiPlay to play on Android.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The problem is just that without using the mod, the game works. But after installing the mod, the game freezes after I press "start". I'm using JoiPlay to play on Android.
Sigh...

You did not read the instructions, specifically highlighted:
1704648418076.png

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
But... Your other mods worked on my Android device :')
The mod is in a constant state of evolution... 'droid is not. Gooogle simply refuses to implement APIs into their framework, blame Bezos.

draco_O

Nov 22, 2023
The mod is in a constant state of evolution... 'droid is not. Gooogle simply refuses to implement APIs into their framework, blame Bezos.
I see. Thanks for the help. Btw, any recommendations for VNs with good storyline? They don't have to be on Android, if they are only available for PC that's fine too.

lossius

May 7, 2023
I've never played this game before, I just started it and I'm in chapter 1, it doesn't have any sound in the game, I don't think I understood how to install it... Are the songs somewhere else?

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I've never played this game before, I just started it and I'm in chapter 1, it doesn't have any sound in the game, I don't think I understood how to install it... Are the songs somewhere else?
First, you're on the mod thread, not the game thread. If you just downloaded the mod that's a problem (not sure how you're playing).

Second, if you're playing the raw game from the main thread with the mod and it's looking for the missing music files that could be the problem ... there are two versions of the mod, one for the "new" music and one for the original music, which needs additional files due to the musicopolips.

Basically, Drifty made agreements with music license distributor, populated game with said music, distributor changed it's own rules, Drifty launched game on Steam after finishing pt7, game was flagged as using music without approval, leaving Drifty out to dry.

He got as much of the original music back in as he could (working directly with artists) but couldn't get it all back in, so there are some holes.

The mod version that restores the original music needs the music files from the original version of the game, which is not available on the main game thread, but if you look at the notes in the download for the restoration version you should see links to find it (if they're still working, not sure what is anymore).

If you can't find them, then try reinstalling a fresh game and then use the "new music" version of the mod.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI: If you need Ch7's original music files for use with the mod's "OG Audio Edition" then see post here.

I personally suggest just DL'ing the compressed version since the music files are identical and it's a smaller, more dependable download. Once you have them then place them in your archives for possible use later in the future... once they are gone, that's it.

lossius

May 7, 2023
First, you're on the mod thread, not the game thread. If you just downloaded the mod that's a problem (not sure how you're playing).

Second, if you're playing the raw game from the main thread with the mod and it's looking for the missing music files that could be the problem ... there are two versions of the mod, one for the "new" music and one for the original music, which needs additional files due to the musicopolips.
Yes, I preferred to comment here because if I start the game without the mod the music plays normally in the game, so I imagined it was something with the mod (me installing it wrong for example or missing a file)
Oh, and thanks for the info!

FYI: If you need Ch7's original music files for use with the mod's "OG Audio Edition" then see post here.
Thank you! After making my previous post I did more searches on the page and ended up finding the version of the game up to chapter 6, I think it's better to download this one to have 7 too. For chapter 8 I have to download it from the main page here, is that it?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you! After making my previous post I did more searches on the page and ended up finding the version of the game up to chapter 6, I think it's better to download this one to have 7 too. For chapter 8 I have to download it from the main page here, is that it?
I'm not sure where you are getting confused. You don't need to DL all the chapters separately. All you need is the VN's Ch8 which is final. From there, if you want to install the mod simply make a choice BEFORE you DL the mod:
  • You want to play the VN with it's current soundtrack and modded.
  • You want to play the VN with it's original soundtrack and modded.
If you want the former then DL and install the VN from the links in the VN's OP, then DL and install the mod "New Music" version.

If you want the latter then DL and install the VN from the links in the VN's OP, DL and acquire the original music files from Ch7 (as instructed in this thread's OP link), and install the mod "Original Music" version.

That's it. There's nothing else to it. Pick one of the two and go with it. There's no wrong choice but you must choose one.

lossius

May 7, 2023
I'm not sure where you are getting confused.
Yea, with this explanation I understand now, at first I was being dumb and thought that ch.8 of this mod's page was "this thread is so old and people already have all 7 chapters that I'm going to upload just the ch.8 for people who already have previous versions" But I already understand, I'm downloading it from the link you sent me, thank you for your patience

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yea, with this explanation I understand now, at first I was being dumb and thought that ch.8 of this mod's page was "this thread is so old and people already have all 7 chapters that I'm going to upload just the ch.8 for people who already have previous versions" But I already understand, I'm downloading it from the link you sent me, thank you for your patience
It's no problem bud. To make it clear, with ALL products in the VN realm (minus new Seasons) are an evolution as releases are made. These releases contain all the old episodes/chapters plus new content. Once the VN is "final" it contains all the content, period. Until a dev's product is "final" we are simply on a roadtrip of sorts, playing new revisions (which include the old content, remember) as they are pushed public.

The exception is when a VN becomes rather large as many dev's will then separate them into "Seasons" which are to be treated as separate products. For example a "Season 1" may contain "Chapters 1-5" then "Season 2" may contain "Chapters 6-9", etc.

Once you wrap your head around how VN products are produced and released it will become a no-brainer.... the light bulb will go off.

So, for the most part (there are a few exceptions as noted above), unless a VN is divided into seasons then the most current release of that VN contains ALL the content, not just "new" content. Make sense?

Reactions: lossius

lossius

May 7, 2023
It's no problem bud. To make it clear, with ALL products in the VN realm (minus new Seasons) are an evolution as releases are made. These releases contain all the old episodes/chapters plus new content. Once the VN is "final" it contains all the content, period. Until a dev's product is "final" we are simply on a roadtrip of sorts, playing new revisions (which include the old content, remember) as they are pushed public.

The exception is when a VN becomes rather large as many dev's will then separate them into "Seasons" which are to be treated as separate products. For example a "Season 1" may contain "Chapters 1-5" then "Season 2" may contain "Chapters 6-9", etc.

Once you wrap your head around how VN products are produced and released it will become a no-brainer.... the light bulb will go off.

So, for the most part (there are a few exceptions as noted above), unless a VN is divided into seasons then the most current release of that VN contains ALL the content, not just "new" content. Make sense?
Everything went well here, now there's music, thank you very much

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Will it work with v1.0.3 GOG with DLC?
I like this version better because the developer's commentary is like the typical director's cut of the movies :cool:.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Will it work with v1.0.3 GOG with DLC?
I like this version better because the developer's commentary is like the typical director's cut of the movies :cool:.
I don't think it will unless the dev commentary are separate files from those in the base VN.

In other words:
  • If the dev added the commentary to the existing dialogue script files, no, the mod would simply convert it to the non-commentary version.
  • If the dev made new files that inject the commentary into the existing dialogue script files then the mod would most likely work in that case (since the "new files" are an add-on and not a direct replacement of existing VN files).
Make sense? My guess is that the dev simply edited the existing files to create the commentary comment though, so in that case the mod would simply convert your VN version to the non-commented variant.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PickerLewd

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I don't think it will unless the dev commentary are separate files from those in the base VN.

In other words:
  • If the dev added the commentary to the existing dialogue script files, no, the mod would simply convert it to the non-commentary version.
  • If the dev made new files that inject the commentary into the existing dialogue script files then the mod would most likely work in that case (since the "new files" are an add-on and not a direct replacement of existing VN files).
Make sense? My guess is that the dev simply edited the existing files to create the commentary comment though, so in that case the mod would simply convert your VN version to the non-commented variant.
Truth is, I don't know which of the two is the case but it's the compressed version. I just yell YOLO and apply the mod by taking a "leap of faith" :LOL:.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Truth is, I don't know which of the two is the case
Me neither bud, that's why I thought best to fully explain how the result would occur so you'd know why it either works or not. Good luck, but I fear it won't work since me knowing how that dev works he likely just edited the existing scripts since it would be the "easiest" way for him to work tbh.

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes