RPGM Abandoned League of Corruption [v0.3.0b] [Yeehaw Games]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
Before diving into the development plan for November I want to point out how the early access posts for patrons will function. It’s simple – I’ll change the requirement on the early access download link according to the pledges and corresponding release dates. November 1st – 15$, November 5th – 10$, November 8th – 5$ This way it’ll be nice and tidy without spamming the same post with different requirements each month. So, don’t forget to check the early access post later.

Now for the November development plans – version 0.1.5. Yes, there will be the usual new maps, quests, scenes and finally a way to leave the starting island. But let’s start with another feature announcement – this time it’s the parallax mapping. Ok, what it will bring? Parallaxes replace the standard squire-to-squire maps, so creators can draw locations in their own style. Here are some examples of what I’m talking about:

The game will still use the traditional squares for internal logic like moving, interaction with NPCs, etc. Yet the picture players will see is no longer bound by those squares. 0.1.5 will have its new locations prepared in the parallax way and after the public release, I’ll make a poll to see what you, the players, think of it. If it goes well, I’ll replace the old maps too, not in a single update though, as parallax is more time-consuming.

Alright, what else? I want to add optional minigames and puzzles to LoC, so the gameplay won’t feel like a standard hack'n'slash RPG if the player decides to get involved. Let’s start with minigames - I want to add a card game for pubs and inns, something easy to understand and implement. Can’t name the exact type at the moment but blackjack sounds pretty good.

As for the puzzles, button/levers puzzles are great but sort of standard. I want to try something new, like a puzzle where the sound is the key to solving it. Many RPGMaker games are almost completely silent except for battle sounds while LoC has a decent soundtrack. Why not expand on this even further? Of course, it doesn’t mean that I’ll ignore more common puzzles in the future but this seems like a nice touch.
good job at parallaxing the maps, I always enjoy when RPG Maker games have them, it makes them much more interesting! I think some games like Noxian Nights or Claire's Quest, that have great art and writing, would benefit alot if they had parallaxed maps. I know it's some work but a game can look completely different.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Finishing with the beach map, almost done now. Here’s a small movie with its current state. Moving on to indoor areas to test out parallax there.

Reactions: ponyguy

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
btw you should advertise your game over on
that's the best place for potential patreons, also there are other forums, just show your game. A dead LoL hentai game from Mole Games is making 300 USD/month, and it's dead

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
btw you should advertise your game over on
that's the best place for potential patreons, also there are other forums, just show your game. A dead LoL hentai game from Mole Games is making 300 USD/month, and it's dead
Thanks for the tip. I've posted on the Reddit but in the different subreddit, using art as an additional promo sounds like a good idea. As for the forums, I've already covered what I could find with exception of ulmf and will be grateful for any advice. Since I'm not a native English resident there's a chance that some popular sites are unknown to me.

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
Thanks for the tip. I've posted on the Reddit but in the different subreddit, using art as an additional promo sounds like a good idea. As for the forums, I've already covered what I could find with exception of ulmf and will be grateful for any advice. Since I'm not a native English resident there's a chance that some popular sites are unknown to me.
advertise the whole game, not only the art in the game, like hreinngames did here: because this forum here is more about getting stuff for free

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Hey guys! I want to share an improvement over the old graphics – new scenes will have an enhanced version of characters. As our players pointed out before some champions weren’t recognizable in the start so we decided to improve on this. Patrons may check out the full picture on , as for the followers – here’s a small preview:

Older scenes will be updated during version 0.2.0 production.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017

Hey guys! It’s time for 0.1.0 public release and today is a bit special. As I already mentioned in the previous post, we decided to upgrade the LoC’s art. 0.1.5 and all the later versions will come out with the new graphics, but it’s a long wait for our followers who are still deciding if they want to back us up. Yeah, the teaser is there yet it’s not the same. Well, long story short – we managed to rework Ahri’s first scene before 0.1.0 public release date so you can check out the art.

You can download the public release here – and . I also updated the main post’s links.

Our patrons can get the hi-res version of the reworked scene . It’s a separate archive for the convenience. Of course, it will be included in the upcoming full-art pack after 0.1.5 release.

Looking forward to your feedback about the new art! I’ll give more details about the rework in the December’s development plans after 0.1.5 release for patrons. Stay tuned!

Reactions: PugWug and ponyguy

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
I cant seem to find the silver fox help
you need to go into the forest where the porting crystal is, to the west. There is a bandit camp there which you can enter after upgrading your weapon in the castle.

fapthrowaway44

Jun 3, 2017
Anyone know how to upgrade your weapon in the castle? I found the guy but the only thing I can purchase from him are gauntlets.

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
He keeps asking me about an apprentice but I don't know anything about that.
first you need to complete the quest for the apprentice in Port town, he is in the same room as that guy that is looking for his silver fox. After you have done the quest he will move to your castle where he upgrades your weapon and you can complete the quest for that silver fox guy.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Yeap, check your quest journal if you don't know what to do next - it's there for such situations.

fapthrowaway44

Jun 3, 2017
first you need to complete the quest for the apprentice in Port town, he is in the same room as that guy that is looking for his silver fox. After you have done the quest he will move to your castle where he upgrades your weapon and you can complete the quest for that silver fox guy.
Not sure where that exactly is in the port town after looking all over.

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
Not sure where that exactly is in the port town after looking all over.
have you already been to that high building with the elder on top? anyway there are a few building that you can enter, iirc it was a pub or an inn where the apprendice was.

fapthrowaway44

Jun 3, 2017
have you already been to that high building with the elder on top? anyway there are a few building that you can enter, iirc it was a pub or an inn where the apprendice was.
The old guy in the lighthouse keeps asking for his treat but I don't know what that is about.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
The old guy in the lighthouse keeps asking for his treat but I don't know what that is about.
He wants 3 brown mushrooms from the cave on the western side of the port area.

Can you please give me more info on the quest journal error? Did you import earlier saves from 0.0.5 version? When the error appeared first? I'm working on troubleshooting this issue and can't get the error to show up even after clearing all the content of 0.1.0.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes