r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Are the models used still as meh as they used to be or has he finally made them attractive? The images in the OP look the same as they were in the sub 0.4 versions.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Are the models used still as meh as they used to be or has he finally made them attractive? The images in the OP look the same as they were in the sub 0.4 versions.
This is my main gripe with the game - no story and Fugly models, the clothes are all too loose fitting as well which doesn't help as it makes them look a bit frumpy.

The change log mentions new facial design, so yo u never know....

Reactions: test4815

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Whats diff. with Lab rats and Lab Rats 2 ?
do i need play first lab Rats (1) then lab rats 2 ?
No need to play one to understand the other, though they are loosely connected. Lab Rats 1 was an excellent mix of mechanical systems and fun, well-written characters. For Lab Rats 2 the dev has so far been focusing on putting solid systems in place, which is fine if you're interested in a larger management game, but personally I'd like to see a bit more focus on creating compelling characters (for the MC to fuck with, ofc.).

Reactions: ubblesnop
Mar 20, 2018
No need to play one to understand the other, though they are loosely connected. Lab Rats 1 was an excellent mix of mechanical systems and fun, well-written characters. For Lab Rats 2 the dev has so far been focusing on putting solid systems in place, which is fine if you're interested in a larger management game, but personally I'd like to see a bit more focus on creating compelling characters (for the MC to fuck with, ofc.).
I think you've pinpointed the issue here. People here want a sex game with management, not a management game with sex. That's been the staple of games that people are used to and enjoy. I could name a few, but that would be going off topic. So far, LR2 has been heavy on the development for the management framework... and comparatively lighter on the sexual encounters. To add onto that, I think people are used to and would come to expect high interaction with a few specific characters with a fleshed out backstory courtesy of being a sequel to Lab Rats. However, the game here isn't a VN style game, but a management one.

To beat a dead horse: they have a certain expectation of the genre of Lab Rats 2, especially coming as its named as a sequel to Lab Rats (1). At its current stage of development, its a vastly different game with recurring themes and characters.

Personally I would also like some character development on our beloved characters from LR1. I also enjoy management games, but I currently find LR2's management customization rather simplistic for a management game; I really prefer the renpy engine on a mostly VN styled game as I find it somewhat limiting when trying to apply to other styles. Dev has a nice outlet in LR2 to flex his creativity and programming skills though, which is nice.

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
This is my main gripe with the game - no story and Fugly models, the clothes are all too loose fitting as well which doesn't help as it makes them look a bit frumpy.

The change log mentions new facial design, so yo u never know....
It seems like the story has been getting some minor bits of attention in the past couple updates... I don't know how much story Vren is going to inject into the game, but this is definitely more of a build your company and grind up the sluttiness level of your workers/family/strangers than a story-driven type of game. It's not going to be for everyone but I'm loving it.

The new facial designs I don't think means a redesign of the face system... I think he just added another couple overall face shape variations to the 4 or 5 that already existed.

I don't know for certain but I imagine the direction the rest of development will go will be fleshing out the "story" for the mom and sister some more, adding a lot of stuff for you to spend your money on other than just upgrades for the company, and some elements that make it more interesting/useful to work up the sluttiness of the NPC's not in your family or in your company. I suspect this game won't ever really become very story driven other than perhaps the intro stuff that already exists, the family elements and maybe adding some kind of end game (just speculation).

Since the majority of characters are created through randomization and the clothing has to work right within the parameters for every character created, I would be surprised if the variations of the models can get too much more varied without an unreasonable amount of work... and I suspect changing the models altogether at this point would mean throwing out a LOT of work already done on the existing models if Vren wanted to go with something prettier.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: james steele
Oct 15, 2017
I don't mind it being more gamey, lab rats 1 was the same if you wanted to see it all without cheating. What pisses me off personally is that you cant go further with a girl without serums as 'orgasms increasing core sluttiness' is a flat out lie and every so often the game will just crash and not allow you to progress anymore, it's just unacceptable considering how long its been out. I think it will be great once it works as he isnt trying to shoot for the moon here but its just been crashing since day 1

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
I've tried two games today and both times ended up broke. Why does serum supply level affect raw supply? Raw supply is what I use to make serum...true, ... not how much serum I keep in inventory.

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
Well nobody bothered to post 0.13.1 even though it has been available publicly on patreon for a month (or if they did, the title of the thread hasn't been updated yet). version 0.14.0 is actually available to patrons this week, and should be available publicly next week.

I'm a little bummed that there's so little interest in this game... this is honestly my favorite game on f95 right now. There's actually a game here instead of just a visual novel with a few trivial choices sprinkled in like most of what you find here.
It’s literally the ugly characters. I’d put up with the grinding and over complicated gameplay if the women were attractive. (I guess there’s not much sex either). It doesn’t resemble Lab Rats 1 in the least. He should have chosen a different name.

Reactions: WatchMeDrive

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
Whats diff. with Lab rats and Lab Rats 2 ?
do i need play first lab Rats (1) then lab rats 2
completely different in basically everyway i would highly suggest playing labrats 1 good game but 2 is more of a management game ith everything else coming second and little story

Reactions: MorganMaximara

nim

May 6, 2017
I've tried two games today and both times ended up broke. Why does serum supply level affect raw supply? Raw supply is what I use to make serum...true, ... not how much serum I keep in inventory.
There isn't a play guide that I am aware of..here are some suggestions:
1. Don't hire any employees but Stephanie or purchase any business policies until you have a profitable serum ready to produce: Serum value of at least $52.
2. Start by researching the lowest cost trait (research cost) and then make a serum with that trait. The value for this serum is not important. You need to make only one dose. Do not sell this one.
3. Ask Stephanie about furthering your research. Use the one serum dose that you made to complete the testing action with her.
4. Research new traits that will complete a serum design with a value of at least $52. The higher value, the better. Research the serum and set the production settings for an auto-sell threshold of "0" (not "none").
5. Don't hire on a Friday; you pay salaries on weekends too. Hire 1 girl for supply and 1 for production. Look for at least 30 units of production and supply respectively in the candidates. You can also hire 1 each for marketing and HR at this point.
6. Set the "amount of supply to maintain". This is the raw supplies level: use 250 or what ever. Ideally your supply purchases will stay just ahead of what the production department can use up.
7. When you have at least $700 on a Monday, buy the Batch Size Improvement 1 policy.
8. From here on, just watch you cash, plan to purchase policies and hire on Mondays.

WatchMeDrive

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Vren should just scrap this project and move onto something new. It's a complete dud. The scope of this game is simply too wide and far-reaching. It's turning out to be a grindy management game with a bland and shallow sex system. The icing on all of this are the ugly and boring characters.

When the game is completed, I can't see it being anything more than below-average. Unless he scraps the random models and creates some unique characters, I cannot see this game turning into something decent. Especially considering all of the other great Ren'Py games that have been appearing since this project came about.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
Should I even give this a go? Is any of the main characters from the first one in this? If so how do they look? Please tell me they aren't all random gens. If so i'll just carry on.

WatchMeDrive

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Should I even give this a go? Is any of the main characters from the first one in this? If so how do they look? Please tell me they aren't all random gens. If so i'll just carry on.
Well, Lily, Mom, and Stephanie return. Their appearances are completely different because Vren isn't using HS models anymore. If they weren't named after characters from the first game, you wouldn't recognize them. I would hold off playing the sequel for now.

Reactions: johnconnor

Kinjiru

Sep 30, 2018
I haven't downloaded it yet because it sounds too new to have much content. I hadn't played the original, so I grabbed it and played it and it was quite good, so I have some hope for this one. However, I gotta say: I'm not a fan of the idea of timed games, especially with so much RNG. It can be impossible to do the things you want in the given time not because of bad decisions or management, but just because you got rolls that gave you no scene or a scene that blocked you from taking actions you wanted to take. I would have much preferred the game just have replay value in the form of things you can't do all in one play than in a time limit and difficulty scale. I hope this sequel will have a different approach to that issue.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes