The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Hmm, what actions/how many of them are necessary to trigger a fetish?
Also, is it possible to add sexy_opinion preferences to a npc or change existing ones via console or other means? You know... for science. :cool:

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Hmm, what actions/how many of them are necessary to trigger a fetish?
Also, is it possible to add sexy_opinion preferences to a npc or change existing ones via console or other means? You know... for science. :cool:
Was interested in knowing that myself, to answer your question in detail:

Interact with a person and then open up the console ( I assume you know how ) and type the_person.sexy_opinions to see what their current opinions are.
You will get a response from the console looking something like this
Code:
the_person.sexy_opinions
{u'being fingered': [-2, False]}
This means that she has a hate for "being fingered" and that you currently haven't discovered it.
You want to set False to True to have the opinion be discovered and -2 to 2 for turning the hate into love.

False = Opinion Undiscovered
True = Opinion Discovered

-2 = Hate
-1 = Dislike
0 = Nothing so don't use this
1 = like
2 = love

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

With this information we can now change the sexy_opinions and opinions of a person however we like following this format:

Change a persons sexy_opinions:
Code:
the_person.sexy_opinions = {"opinion name":[-2 to 2, True / False],"opinion name":[-2 to 2, True / False]}
e.g make the person love getting covered in cum but also secretly hates risking getting pregnant:
Code:
the_person.sexy_opinions = {"being covered in cum":[2, True], "risking getting pregnant:[-2, False]"}
Edit: Can also do this to not have to replace everything
Code:
the_person.opinions["insert opinion name here"] = [2, True]

# shortest way to "remove" opinions you can do would be to put the value to [0, False]
If you want to change someones general opinions you do the same thing but use the_person.opinions instead of sexy_opinions

Last edited:

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
@Trollden Maybe it's time to make a separate thread for Lab Rats 2 Mod(s)?
You can in Mods -section [Post Thread] yourself. And of course after that re-post all relevant Posts about Mod from this thread to that thread in chronological order. After which you can come back to this thread to tell when Mod is updated...

Edit: Or ask Staff if they can move Posts in chronological order to new Thread.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Was interested in knowing that myself, to answer your question in detail:

Interact with a person and then open up the console ( I assume you know how ) and type the_person.sexy_opinions to see what their current opinions are.
You will get a response from the console looking something like this
Code:
the_person.sexy_opinions
{u'being fingered': [-2, False]}
Thanks a lot! I was playing around with the parameters myself, but couldn't get the syntax right... was halfway resigned to use the console only for stuff like resetting mc.arousal back to 0 during scenes...

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
I reworked the cheat mod and have now made a thread for it as I can't seem to run into any bugs, please do a test of it yourselves. I have also tweaked the functionality a bit and added a fail safe so you should not run into errors.

Reactions: The Grifter

Lazarus37

Jan 25, 2018
Looking for some help with someone that's more familiar with RenPy than I am. I'm trying to put the LazyB mod on top of version 13. I put the individual files he created in the directory and added his script mod to the script.rpy, but I'm getting this error. Not being familiar with RenPy, I'm not sure what to do with this...

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/LZ_Doggy_Variant.rpy", line 2, in script
    python:
  File "game/LZ_Doggy_Variant.rpy", line 9, in <module>
    opinion_tags = ["doggy style sex","anal sex"])
TypeError: __init__() takes at least 18 arguments (18 given)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/LZ_Doggy_Variant.rpy", line 2, in script
    python:
  File "H:\Games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2-v0.13.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "H:\Games\LabRats\Lab_Rats_2-v0.13.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/LZ_Doggy_Variant.rpy", line 9, in <module>
    opinion_tags = ["doggy style sex","anal sex"])
TypeError: __init__() takes at least 18 arguments (18 given)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196

Tue Feb 05 14:03:42 2019

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
The one model shown in the preview pictures looks totally gross. Are they all like that? Also how much content is available? Thanks!

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
The one model shown in the preview pictures looks totally gross. Are they all like that? Also how much content is available? Thanks!
There are three body models with different skin colors for each and four or five faces implemented as of now. I found that some of those faces, while bland or even ugly in their neutral expressions are quite pleasant, even hot during the sex scenes - particularly the newest one.
As of content, basically it is still all about sexing up the ladies around you, researching/applying the serum options available and keeping your business afloat. No winning conditions - guess triple A game publishers would market it as "endless sandbox mode" and MTX the shit out of it, but I digress...
Should you decide to give the game a try I highly recommend to install the content mod - just check the last 2-3 pages. Great work done there with additional dialoge and positions, and reducing the grind of the game.

DrDemagogue

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. Based on the preview pics I find myself hoping for an interactive option along the lines of "Send her home in a cab 'cause ... uh, you have to get up early tomorrow". I'm still keen to see where this game ends up when nearing the finish line but for the time being the dames still don't look the type I'd be busting my ass to mind control, y'know?

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016

They get better, although this update is one of those "one step backward" ones because he started messing around with the specular lighting or something and broke skin matching on heads. Should be fixed for the next release, though.

Still, ignoring that little factor, the girls honestly aren't that bad considering there's several hundred combinations of them. (I'm ignoring the ones that got their heads partially detached in this version as well. whoopsie?)

lr2-1.JPG lr2-2.JPG lr2-3.JPG

WatchMeDrive

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I think the girls look genuinely awful. Their appearances are all randomly generated, which makes them less appealing than unique characters whose appearance are meticulously crafted.

Reactions: DrDemagogue

grobulos

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
I like the new Update 13.1 from Lab Rats 2. Fun and Work in Programming is Great. But, the Models are all Ugly, maybe hes Gay or so, i dont want offend Vren, but his Taste in Create of Women is horrible, the Render are horrible. The Game himself is very good, so i hope of a miracle for better Girls inside at future

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Thanks, Trollden! Does your mod still work or should we hold off on using this release?
The cheat mod works and the "content" pack or whatever I posted should also be fine, although the cheat menu in that one produces errors and I have not tested it for 0.13.1
Don't believe there has been any relevant changes to the script that would make it not work.

Edit:
I will probably take a look at merging the mod packs again later on and bring in some of my own content that isn't ridiculously broken once I learn to code a bit better. These changes to Lab Rats 2 have been my first attempts at "coding" ever so right now I am trying to polish up the cheat menu to force myself into gaining some knowledge.

Edit: Changing faces now work

Aug 22, 2017
Is there anything to do once you've selected 3 girls for Stephanie to run tests on? She said to come back in a couple days but whenever I talk to her she just says she's still running tests.

nim

May 6, 2017
Is there anything to do once you've selected 3 girls for Stephanie to run tests on? She said to come back in a couple days but whenever I talk to her she just says she's still running tests.
Shortly after the tests start, you will see additional serum traits in the research list.

Pilotus13

Aug 14, 2018
Hi everyone.

I have finished merging all mods that are out there for LR2 (at least - the ones I know of). It includes:
1. Cheat Mod by pinkelephant and Trollden (full description )
2. Large content expansion by Starbuck (ex-LazyB). Description of mod can be found inside the archive (SB_Mod_Readme) and somewhere in comments on Vren patreon.
3. My own content and wardrobe expansion (description of content is , almost nothing changed since then, just some typos correcting and other small stuff).

I played the game for some time and everything seems to be working OK. But if you find an error, post it so I could work on it.

Installation - place all files from archive into Lab_Rats_2-v0.13.1-pc\game folder. You need to have v.13.1 of LR2 and start new game for all features to be working.

Have fun!

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes