Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
While getting the VN's UI sorted for mod porting, I took some liberties such as not making the patreon button as large as the sun and other tweaks such as UI text color changes since the base VN (like Season 1) feels like a crayon box puked over the screen. I've replaced many of the UI oddball colors to either a softer grey or off white... just the same as I did in Season 1.

Some previews at current state:
1706796171095.png 1706796691311.png 1706796703691.png

Now I have to take some time to review the import code since there was such a debacle during Season 1's export code (during the v0.7a/v0.7b VN patching processes). I worked back in the day with my own analysis, info received from DoverUK25, and reported issues to TessSadist so that the team (with her new coder) could resolve. Oddly enough in this new Season's introduction she thanks everyone on the planet except those that actually assisted in resolving the massive fuckup that was originally Season 1's export process, but that's fine, I'm not looking for recognition tbh... just thought it to be a tad inconsiderate. You can find those post in the VN's thread but they are summed up mostly on this particular post (for reference if desired).

Please don't read too much into this post. I know it likely reads as me being a bit irritated which I guess I am but not regarding this subject... IRL vendor/contractor issues after the multiple historic weather events we've had here in TX are causing much grief... and tens of thousands of now wasted dollars due to their incompetence. I just can't be at 6 different large land plot locations at the same time to oversee work that shouldn't require it. I digress, and apologize if I'm a bit grumpy lately... I'll get it all sorted soon enough.

Which leads me to saying thanks for your patience as we all take this opportunity to use this VN's "Testing" build to prep for v0.8 Final. I'll do my best to post any issues or other concerns as I peruse this new VN code which will take a bit before fully porting the mod over as Tess is obviously not working alone anymore, this newer Python code is not in her wheelhouse and has a completely different fingerprint/style than anything she's ever attempted in the past... there's someone else also at the keyboard for sure.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
While working through all this new content I went ahead and made an Ep8 Path/Route outline that is rather spoiler-free (I only place what alternate character's are centric to the forks for reference). I made that post in the VN's thread since it's applicable to folks seeking it regardless of playing modded or unmodded and can be found here.

I'm also placing in some notifiers to alert the Player that they are being redirected to another major fork just so they know it's a thing. An example:
1706881949932.png

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
I place ur save fixer in 0.7a then i start game, load game, save my game. i copy save file to 0.7b and load and it crashes. so i cant prep a save for season 2 import.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I place ur save fixer in 0.7a then i start game, load game, save my game. i copy save file to 0.7b and load and it crashes. so i cant prep a save for season 2 import.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't use the save fixer. The data will transfer just fine without it and using it was possibly the problem. A few screens after you save the game you will get a prompt to name the file. When you start the new game you will get a prompt to "import" that save. You can do this for up to 8 saves.

Reactions: Irish687

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm done with all of the Dom routes/forks, including SanchoGallery population, etc. This includes altering the stat screens for new point systems (even the MC's Pod now have a "desire" attribute that must be tracked now) and MiniStat choreography (during lewds and long scene transitions).
1706919371561.png 1706919509341.png 1706919551918.png

I always dread the Sub portion... but reckon it must be done... after I fetch a fine adult beverage of course (for tolerance).

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Here's an example of the ChoiceGuide:
1706920658672.png

Here's all the stats I currently report. I'm keeping Season 1's EventVars available for reference since each import is going to contain quite a bit of data and you might want to know what the heck you were awarded at some point in Season 2:
1706920476535.png 1706920490430.png 1706920505343.png

Reactions: utiola and Irish687

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
Don't use the save fixer. The data will transfer just fine without it and using it was possibly the problem. A few screens after you save the game you will get a prompt to name the file. When you start the new game you will get a prompt to "import" that save. You can do this for up to 8 saves.
If i delete save fixer, and i go back into 0.7a then i cant load any of them so thats not a solution either.

I reinstall the mod, open 0.7a , i can load the save. i reach the end, it does an auto save and i manually save. i go to 8.1 and none listed in importer. so whether i have save fixer or sanchomod, i cant create a valid save that is recognized by importer. and i cant get a vanilla save cause i crash loading them.

edit: got it. i had to use 0.7b specifically and install sanchomod on that one then i can get to a new ending , past the mask where it asks me to name the save properly

Last edited:
Reactions: motseer

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
edit: got it. i had to use 0.7b specifically and install sanchomod on that one then i can get to a new ending , past the mask where it asks me to name the save properly
Bingo. We have a winner. Thank you for not having me repeat what I've been posting over and over for the past 3 days in the VN's thread.... the basic summary is:

v0.7b make export (modded or unmodded) at the Mask screen input box, v0.8 (modded or unmodded) import via "Start"

Reactions: Stan5851

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm done with all of the Dom routes/forks, including SanchoGallery population, etc. This includes altering the stat screens for new point systems (even the MC's Pod now have a "desire" attribute that must be tracked now) and MiniStat choreography (during lewds and long scene transitions).
View attachment 3320660 View attachment 3320673 View attachment 3320675

I always dread the Sub portion... but reckon it must be done... after I fetch a fine adult beverage of course (for tolerance).
Okay, I'm fucking done... finally.
1707000395392.png 1707000408559.png

You'll notice in the above Page 69 (SanchoMod's AutoSave page) that I'm now reserving two spots, one for a Dom fork and one for a Sub fork. Both will auto-name with the K-Level of the playthrough at the time of the save (pretty damn cool coding trick if you asked me).

I now have a ton of code cleanup to do and once that's done I'll make a sample retail build and integrity check it. If it passes then I'll push it live. Expect something by this evening (it's 16:49hrs here now).

I'm back to it.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This VN is an odd duck now for sure.

After all these years this is the very first VN I've ever modded that's built on a wonky RenPy version being v7.6.1

I can't for the life of me figure out why she chose this particular version of RenPy to build Season 2 on... let's hope it's not all bugged out, I really don't know anything about this particular build tbh.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Balu83

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Season 2, Episode 8T Part I)
1707004967943.png 1707005008029.png 1707005021021.png
Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards.

P.S. Y'all guinea pig it while I make a post in the VN's thread.

Aqua888

Jan 10, 2023
SanchoMod Update (Season 2, Episode 8T Part I)
View attachment 3323969 View attachment 3323970 View attachment 3323972
Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards.

P.S. Y'all guinea pig it while I make a post in the VN's thread.
Hey Sancho1969 , I just download season 2 compressed version and installed your mod,
The game doesn't start , it's in black screen.
Again I tried, this time without installing mod, It works
Btw I am using joiplay on Android,
I have to use your mod to watch scenes from sancho gallery,
So can you help me?
What I have to do?

Reactions: gambit87

Cyrix72

Oct 31, 2021
Btw I am using joiplay on Android,
This is not supported, as far as I know. Sancho has explained the reason in some other thread and as I understood, it is due to Android not providing the required architectural support.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
how to get the veronica sex scene? I saw it in the sanchogallery
One must be on the Dom fork and NOT selected to participate in the "GameShow" in Season 1.

With those two prerequisites the Player is automatically diverted to Veronica's Lab (Full) rather than Veronica's Lab (Summary).

For a larger outline view see the post above here (and click that hyperlink in it) that maps it all out. Your question is contained within that post's "Third Fork".

Reactions: Rhino3333

gambit87

Dec 27, 2017
My problem is that the game starts with the mod and goes to the point where you have to decide between watching the intro and skipping it. But no matter what choice you make, the game crashes. When you watch the intro, it just doesn't crash right away.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes