Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is there a way to still keep the default yellow text when using Sancho mod?
Go to SanchoOptions (either via the MiniMenu or pressing "o") and deselect "SanchoDiaBox". That will present you with the VN's default dialogue box format. If you want to also revert the font to the VN's default then also deselect "SanchoFont". These options work independently and can be mixed/matched as desired.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Go to SanchoOptions (either via the MiniMenu or pressing "o") and deselect "SanchoDiaBox". That will present you with the VN's default dialogue box format. If you want to also revert the font to the VN's default then also deselect "SanchoFont". These options work independently and can be mixed/matched as desired.
Yeah. I know about those options but I'm talking about the text colour specifically. Even with Sancho Font turn off the text still white. The default game text without Sancho mod is yellow. Which I think is easier to read. And yes. I even increase the black outline to 2. Its still not visible like yellow text.
Sancho mod
1.jpg
2.jpg

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah. I know about those options but I'm talking about the text colour specifically. Even with Sancho Font turn off the text still white. The default game text without Sancho mod is yellow. Which I think is easier to read. And yes. I even increase the black outline to 2. Its still not visible like yellow text.
Sancho mod
View attachment 3465735
View attachment 3465738
Thank you for the example. Something is wrong then... I'll have to check. I could have swore in the past I tested this via "Restore Defaults" in SanchoOptions many updates back. I might have borked the OEM font color switch when updating one of the mod's Core versions.

Reactions: NukaCola

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Thank you for the example. Something is wrong then... I'll have to check. I could have swore in the past I tested this via "Restore Defaults" in SanchoOptions many updates back. I might have borked the OEM font color switch when updating one of the mod's Core versions.
Thanks for a quick reply. Its just a minor problem and I got used to the white text already. I have another question though. In Renpy VN the "S" button is usually used for capture screenshots. But with Sancho mod installed the S button brings up stats screen. Is there a way to remove that key so I can take screenshot? I know I can use Printscreen but I usually play in window mode and printscreen will included the window border in the pics which I don't want.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
I have another question though. In Renpy VN the "S" button is usually used for capture screenshots. But with Sancho mod installed the S button brings up stats screen. Is there a way to remove that key so I can take screenshot? I know I can use Printscreen but I usually play in window mode and printscreen will included the window border in the pics which I don't want.
Yes, you can. SanchoMod options-->Cheats-->click on "Hotkey(StatScrn):S" After that, the button "S" responsible for creating screenshots will be reassigned to "T".
005.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NukaCola

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for a quick reply. Its just a minor problem and I got used to the white text already. I have another question though. In Renpy VN the "S" button is usually used for capture screenshots. But with Sancho mod installed the S button brings up stats screen. Is there a way to remove that key so I can take screenshot? I know I can use Printscreen but I usually play in window mode and printscreen will included the window border in the pics which I don't want.
Also note that as Stan5851 mentioned changing the key completely, if you leave the "s" for the Stat screen then you can still use shift+s or alt+s and make screenshots that way... so you have options.

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
note: When I try to load a save from the modded version of the game with an original version of the game, it errors:
1712385910856.png

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
note: When I try to load a save from the modded version of the game with an original version of the game, it errors:
View attachment 3515294
Indeed. If you wish to use a KG save made from a previously SanchoMod installed game inside a non-modded VN installation, use the "SaveFixer" found in the this thread's OP.

Just remember you did this later. If you to later decide to install SanchoMod then you MUST delete this "SaveFixer" file as they don't play nice with each other (it's one or the other, never both).

That should get you done bud.

Reactions: L7Bear and Stan5851

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Sancho! Good afternoon :p.

Is it possible that SanchoMod from episode 6 onwards doesn't have a "sishpts" counter? you know, the most important number/stat for the second evaluation in the sub path.
This second evaluation uses "sishpts" and determines the range between provisional K1 and K4. I seem to remember from the guide that 10 or more of these points would put you in K1, 8 or 9 points in K2 and so on. In the dialogue/choice options, these points appear with the mod, but they don't appear in the minimenu at the top right, there are "Z points", "O points" and other things but no a counter for this specific number, so you have to count manually or remember it from memory :unsure:.

joker2008

Jan 3, 2019
figured it out...it was on me. I was used to saving at the mask screen not realizing there was a screen or 2 after that where it specifically popped asking to name the save.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho! Good afternoon :p.

Is it possible that SanchoMod from episode 6 onwards doesn't have a "sishpts" counter? you know, the most important number/stat for the second evaluation in the sub path.
This second evaluation uses "sishpts" and determines the range between provisional K1 and K4. I seem to remember from the guide that 10 or more of these points would put you in K1, 8 or 9 points in K2 and so on. In the dialogue/choice options, these points appear with the mod, but they don't appear in the minimenu at the top right, there are "Z points", "O points" and other things but no a counter for this specific number, so you have to count manually or remember it from memory :unsure:.
Season 1 (in the MiniStat) automatically shows this and even the calculation of what the evaluations will fruit before they even happen. In Season 2 there's no need for me to display it since it's never referenced at all in the stories code. Season 2 is (so far) centered around the Sub Pod (Pod 4) or Dom Pod (W2 Pod) and those are displayed automatically depending on if the Player is on Sub or Dom paths respectively. In other words, once into Episode 8 "sishpts" are no longer a thing, other new stats are based on the old "evaluation" results. And finally: "sishpts" are ONLY used in Episode 6, nowhere else to date bud. That variable doesn't exist in any other Episode's story/code. That's why it's displayed in the MiniStat only when needed, otherwise removed to reduce MiniStat clutter.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PickerLewd

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Season 1 (in the MiniStat) automatically shows this and even the calculation of what the evaluations will fruit before they even happen. In Season 2 there's no need for me to display it since it's never referenced at all in the stories code. Season 2 is (so far) centered around the Sub Pod (Pod 4) or Dom Pod (W2 Pod) and those are displayed automatically depending on if the Player is on Sub or Dom paths respectively. In other words, once into Episode 8 "sishpts" are no longer a thing, other new stats are based on the old "evaluation" results. And finally: "sishpts" are ONLY used in Episode 6, nowhere else to date bud. That variable doesn't exist in any other Episode's story/code. That's why it's displayed in the MiniStat only when needed, otherwise removed to reduce MiniStat clutter.
I swear I didn't see it anywhere in episode 6 itself, and that's why I had to keep track of it myself, maybe there was a final result tracker somewhere and I didn't realise it :unsure:.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I swear I didn't see it anywhere in episode 6 itself, and that's why I had to keep track of it myself, maybe there was a final result tracker somewhere and I didn't realise it :unsure:.
It populates automatically in the MiniStat during Ep6 playthrough. It's different for Sub or Dom routes but either way it's automated... you don't have to click anything to see it (other than have the MiniStat visible of course).

joker2008

Jan 3, 2019
It populates automatically in the MiniStat during Ep6 playthrough. It's different for Sub or Dom routes but either way it's automated... you don't have to click anything to see it (other than have the MiniStat visible of course).
Your mods are awesome Sancho

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes