Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Bud... you're overthinking it a bit. It's all summed up on the joiplay homepage:

View attachment 2615146

SanchoMod does indeed depend on APIs, some custom. That's it in a nutshell. I'll sort it when I have time... which right now I don't.
I see. Well, still doesn't explain how cheat icons & quick menu options don't show up for other mods. :unsure:
Renpy added compatibility for mobile it seems, by adding a mobile variant of the quick menu. So now you have to add variant "touch" to work in mobile. Since Joiplay doesn't emulate windows, the game runs the default mobile variant "touch" version of the quick menu, as the mods are for pc & therefore there's no mobile variant of the modded quick menu coded in.
So by Renpy adding compatibility for mobile, Joiplay became incompatible with pc mods that edit the quick menu:unsure::ROFLMAO:
Feels good to find out. Now I can easy fix it:geek:

No worries, take your time.
Thanks for the reply :giggle:
PS: Btw I see the game adopted your save system. I'm not sure (never used it, I just play one-true-route) but looks like it. Nice.

Last edited:

Cirelc

Uploader Fossil
Uploader
May 2, 2017
We got the confirmation about the ed-/ espoints that they are bad and about major decisions for the Ending. Its all in the WT, Tess posted today, which you can download . Just for your information, bud. Sancho1969

Reactions: Stan5851

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
We got the confirmation about the ed-/ espoints that they are bad and about major decisions for the Ending. Its all in the WT, Tess posted today, which you can download . Just for your information, bud. Sancho1969
Figured. Most every one of her point systems work as less is better, more is worse kinda logic. I won't look at the guide though... I don't want it to corrupt what I see in the code. I'm certain folks will come out of the woodwork to correct something I have wrong though. Thank you for taking the time and sharing, and having my back bud... sincerely.

steelmonkey76

Feb 4, 2021
Well, those who are having problem of "after clicking start the game freezes on the start screen pic" on joiplay, it maybe a joiplay problem rather than a problem with the mod.
I first noticed the problem around this time, after the KGv6 mod ran with no problems around this time. I've tried other Sancho mods after this & they all had the same screen freezing result.
Sancho can try to find the compatibility issue if he's curious, but it's better handled by the Joiplay devs I think. Here's why:
Joiplay in general doesn't mesh well with mods that add extra buttons, change the quick menu, etc. I've been seeing recently. Like the 'cheat menu' option never appears on the quick menu since joiplay probably forces quick menu to be active with high priority, overriding any mod code. Similarly, any cheat button doesn't seem to appear on the screen. (Didn't have these problems earlier, probably the result of certain renpy/joiplay updates)
I've been overcoming this by adding the cheat menu on the main menu by editing the screens.rpy.
SanchoMod probably adds a lot of custom stuff which conflicts with Joiplay's hardcoded stuff, resulting in the screen freeze.
Idk, Sancho can investigate if curious.

Like I said on the glowing stones post, sad that I can't use it on this version of KG (I'll give it a try, but it probably won't work based on the comments I see). Means my saves are also gone.
Oh well, I probably would have started a full playthru of season 1 completed anyway, and I usually go through the code anyway & can achieve everything the mod did through the console. So no worries (y)
It was a very convenient mod though, so sad :cry:

Edit: Yup. Tried it & it's the same. Freezes on start-up when using mod, but starts normally without mod. Thanks again for the KGv6.2 mod, since that seems to be the only SanchoMod I've played. Keep up the good work (y)
PS: Anyone running into quick_menu not defined in joiplay, just replace "if quick_menu:" in line 1498 of screens.rpy with "if True:".

steelmonkey76 Joiplay won't work with SanchoMod it seems
I guessed as much but thanks for that. On a good note it wasn't my fault.

jesushimself1

Sep 27, 2022
Sancho1969 are u gonna let modders such as estrada777 use your mod for android ports or should i just give up and play on pc ? when i asked estrada777 he said its upto you when ur gonna let any modders use ur walkthru mod

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 are u gonna let modders such as estrada777 use your mod for android ports or should i just give up and play on pc ? when i asked estrada777 he said its upto you when ur gonna let any modders use ur walkthru mod
You're not understanding the issue bud. The issue is the APIs I've written in the latest Core are not mobile friendly. I've not had the time to rewrite them for that purpose as I continue to develop the Core so I can actually finish the v7 Core coding.

Reactions: sava75

jesushimself1

Sep 27, 2022
You're not understanding the issue bud. The issue is the APIs I've written in the latest Core are not mobile friendly. I've not had the time to rewrite them for that purpose as I continue to develop the Core so I can actually finish the v7 Core coding.
Thanks for the reply sancho, im just gonna play the PC version and replay later on if you decide to tweak it for android <3

Reactions: Sancho1969

fatkichaddi

Oct 18, 2021
Hi Sancho1969,

I was wondering if you can provide steps to look at the scripts.rpa.... I tried unren made rpyc files, tried opening them in atom, vs code, and notepad++. Everywhere I am met with a wall of gibberish code.

I want to change the names of some of NPCs hence wanted this.

Any help will be greatly helpful.

DirectXD1943

Dec 9, 2022
I don't know if I'm stupid or not, but is there any way to change any other stats? I wanted to see if I could add more points to Delilah and saw I couldn't, so don't know if there's anything that can be done about that

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know if I'm stupid or not, but is there any way to change any other stats? I wanted to see if I could add more points to Delilah and saw I couldn't, so don't know if there's anything that can be done about that
I don't have the project open at the moment as I'm working on new VN updates but the only cheats I provide are listed in "SanchoCheats" which you can access from the MiniMenu or by pressing "c". If memory serves I don't have relp cheats as they just aren't needed in my speedrun testing and I don't arbitrarily put in cheats just to have them, I code them for a purpose (usually while I'm testing a VN) and leave the ones in that matter after cleaning up the code to insure they are bulletproof (won't fuck up your save files).

Reactions: sava75

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho1969,

I was wondering if you can provide steps to look at the scripts.rpa.... I tried unren made rpyc files, tried opening them in atom, vs code, and notepad++. Everywhere I am met with a wall of gibberish code.

I want to change the names of some of NPCs hence wanted this.

Any help will be greatly helpful.
RPA's are archives (basically just a zip file)
RPYC's are compiled scripts (which contain the basic script plus RenPy data to associate save pointers, etc)
RPY's are the actual script files that are created in an IDE.

If you intend to mod something on your own, you need to know the file types of the language platform you are dealing with, then for certain you need to know the language. Regards.

Reactions: fatkichaddi

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho_Gallery does not include K1/K1pro with Juliette.
View attachment 2883366
I'm sure I missed more than one Sub route scene... personally I can only take so much of it so I grab the ones I note while speedrunning tbh. I'll jot it down but you'll likely find others I missed for hardcore MC-Sub variants.

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
Hey, Sancho1969, I am just letting you know that the test verson should be out by the end of the week do you want me to send you the script RPA or wait for the final version

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, Sancho1969, I am just letting you know that the test verson should be out by the end of the week do you want me to send you the script RPA or wait for the final version
That time again, huh? If you PM it to me it'll give me a chanced to get some ducks in a row... even knowing that some of the ducks might be replaced. So, yes, it would drastically reduce time to navigate and code "final", no doubt.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes