4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
6. After that i started the 2.10 updater (2 - Update 2.10.exe) with applocale chose the right folder put in the code and installed it.
WHAT is the right folder? :confused:
For f...k sake, i've installed this s...t 2 times already, ant it's still "patch 2.0 not installed" when i try to run english launcher:mad:
Should the game(IHSetup) and the update(2 - Update 2.10) be installed in the same folder?
I've intalled it in the same(Gokuaku) folder and it worked untill i've installed HF Pathc(3 - HF Patch for 2.10) on top of it.
Installation process of this f.....g game had raped me... :giggle:

jeSteR2

Jan 4, 2019
WHAT is the right folder? :confused:
For f...k sake, i've installed this s...t 2 times already, ant it's still "patch 2.0 not installed" when i try to run english launcher:mad:
Should the game(IHSetup) and the update(2 - Update 2.10) be installed in the same folder?
I've intalled it in the same(Gokuaku) folder and it worked untill i've installed HF Pathc(3 - HF Patch for 2.10) on top of it.
Installation process of this f.....g game had raped me... :giggle:
I was getting that 2.0 not installed message when I tried to use the 100% savegame occaisionly. Make sure you start the game at least to the main menu AFTER EACH INSTALL, BEFORE YOU RUN THE NEXT PATCH. good luck.

To those saying it's rebooting your PC, it's already been said, multiple times. Get Japanese language, and change locale to Japan, or run a locale program to run the game. Google it, there is loads of info on the net about doing this. Or read back in this thread a few pages.

MrDefault

Dec 19, 2017
I was getting that 2.0 not installed message when I tried to use the 100% savegame occaisionly. Make sure you start the game at least to the main menu AFTER EACH INSTALL, BEFORE YOU RUN THE NEXT PATCH. good luck.

To those saying it's rebooting your PC, it's already been said, multiple times. Get Japanese language, and change locale to Japan, or run a locale program to run the game. Google it, there is loads of info on the net about doing this. Or read back in this thread a few pages.
Does not work for me. I use japanese locale.

Apr 20, 2018
I'm probably gonna be banned for this, but I followed all the instructions and when I try to run the application called GOKUAKU, which I assume is the game, it just opens cmd.exe and restarts my computer. It also happens when I try opening it through IHSetup. Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen even if I had done something wrong, no program ever should restart a computer without even asking. Is the game even worth this much?

Also, it does help that all the dialogue boxes for the installer are question marks for me, which probably means that it's all Japanese, and I can only hope that I clicked the right options.
Try using local japanese emulator, there is some links in this thread. It helped me get past the installation, but then it just crashed during gameplay lol. Really not worth all the hassle

McFwk

Sep 26, 2017
where do you put the 100% save files? nvm found it just press game folder when on the launcher

anim

Sep 14, 2017
So, i use appLoc (Jap), install game, use Win 7 comp mode and gettin' "Gokuaku.1D4B58AB7873DDA.crash.dmp" every time.
What can i do with it?

IAmTerror

May 28, 2017
I finally got it to working on my Win10 system.

A breakdown of what I did/what it will take:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To run the game, always: right click on your desktop icon or the GOKUAKU English executable, go down to Local Emulator, click on "Run in Japanese (Admin)", Yes.
You brilliant bastard. Thank you, these instructions were perfect. Game's running just fine now.

IAmTerror

May 28, 2017
Or at least it WAS working until about the third section of the intro where you're sitting at your desk talking about your family. Crashes after "I'll throw out these rotten feelings" *loading* every time. Anyone else getting this?

EDIT: Apparently windows turned off the compatibility settings I picked, looks like it's working again.

Zabon

Feb 22, 2018
everytime i try to launch the game it just restarts my pc and the installer just has question marks for buttons
The only reason you'd be getting question marks like that is if you aren't running it with a japanese location or location emulator.

Zabon

Feb 22, 2018
So I found my own interesting bug. When using the 2.1 patch the game makes the girls invisible during the dialogue scenes on the train. I've narrowed down the issue to the HF 2.1 patcher. Without using the HF 2.1 patch the cutscenes work as they should, with the characters showing up and all of the text showing up properly, after patching with HF 2.1 some of the dialogue that showed up pre-translation patch is no longer there and the characters are invisible. Deselecting the translation patches still results in some of the dialogue being missing and the characters being invisible.

Interestingly enough, installing using the 1.1 patches fixes the issue with no problems. So something is messed up with the HF 2.1 patcher. Anyone still trying and still having problems getting the game to work, I recommend trying again with the 1.1 patches instead.

Zabon

Feb 22, 2018
That sounds more like you used the 2.0 (marked 2.1) patch from the OP download. It doesn't read it's own config file and puts files in the wrong place.
If you told it to put the files in the main game directory, all the update files that should be in the data directory are now in the main game directory, where they won't be found.
If you told it the data directory, the updated executable is now in the data directory, where it won't be found.
Either way, the HF update will patch either the wrong executable or data files giving you the invisible girls.
You're right, updated with the patches in the correct folder and everything is fine. Someone should update the OP with this information, because that isn't mentioned in the instructions.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote