4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
I'm probably gonna be banned for this, but I followed all the instructions and when I try to run the application called GOKUAKU, which I assume is the game, it just opens cmd.exe and restarts my computer. It also happens when I try opening it through IHSetup. Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen even if I had done something wrong, no program ever should restart a computer without even asking. Is the game even worth this much?

Also, it does help that all the dialogue boxes for the installer are question marks for me, which probably means that it's all Japanese, and I can only hope that I clicked the right options.
You're right, it shouldnt happen. Try running with Locale Emulator or setting your pc to be Japanese Locale, before you run it.

I have the game all the way back from 2011 or something like that, and I never had that issue (Though the version I have is prone to crashing if you tab out.

It might be your Anti-virus detecting the file as a Trojan, it could try to delete the file, but be unable to because its not allowed to delete a file in use, so it restart the PC to potentially protect the user from a file currently doing something dodgy.

oniijuan

Jun 28, 2017
You're right, it shouldnt happen. Try running with Locale Emulator or setting your pc to be Japanese Locale, before you run it.

I have the game all the way back from 2011 or something like that, and I never had that issue (Though the version I have is prone to crashing if you tab out.

It might be your Anti-virus detecting the file as a Trojan, it could try to delete the file, but be unable to because its not allowed to delete a file in use, so it restart the PC to potentially protect the user from a file currently doing something dodgy.
The restart happens if they're not running in japanese local. It's a region lock thing.

Heissar

Apr 16, 2018
Friendly suggestion to the OP: add recommendation to the Instructions section (or wherever) to try running game in compatibility mode set on Win 7 or Win XP.

It fixed my problem, it fixed other people's problems - but this solution is only buried withing the multiple pages of comments. Would help people a lot to have it somewhere in the main descriptions.

FYI, my issue was no error message crash after the first scene in MC's apartment. Always in the same spot. I run the game on Win 10, with jap locale on (no locale emulators).

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
The restart happens if they're not running in japanese local. It's a region lock thing.
Hmm, seems a bit invasive for a region lock.

"Outside Japan? Well, let me just restart your pc by force, potentially ruining whatever work you're currently doing."

triniarin

Jun 25, 2018
Upd to my review. Ver 1.10 works fine with english patch too. Well game... too evil (i mean plot of mc) as for me. Molest is one thing but raping.... too much for me. But thank you for uploading

hassan12309

Oct 15, 2017
this is what happening to me it crash at one point in the game and they give a DMP file like this GOKUAKU English.1D4B36D1FCCE130.crash.dmp can someone help me

jeSteR2

Jan 4, 2019
Thanks for the upload, followed the instructions, and changed the game applications compatibility to Windows 7 (I'm running W10x64) and it runs great. Thanks again.

jeSteR2

Jan 4, 2019
@honoka132 Regarding the female voices, they are SUPER quiet on the train, to the point I had to drop the volume of the other SFX down to be able to hear them talk. Same with the BGM, was very loud when I started the game, but I muted it straight away. Maybe you just need to adjust your in game levels a bit to be able to hear them? I thought they weren't working either until I adjusted mine.

oniijuan

Jun 28, 2017
@honoka132 Regarding the female voices, they are SUPER quiet on the train, to the point I had to drop the volume of the other SFX down to be able to hear them talk. Same with the BGM, was very loud when I started the game, but I muted it straight away. Maybe you just need to adjust your in game levels a bit to be able to hear them? I thought they weren't working either until I adjusted mine.
The sound has always been weird in this game. Rotate around the girl and it'll get much louder.

Reactions: jeSteR2

honoka132

Oct 2, 2018
Tried it still no voice :/

Even tried to reinstall the game and tried it again still nothing.

Thanks for the tip tho. Is it literally only me that have this problem too?

Edit: Could you try to send me your data folder to see if that works?

dragonuff

Oct 28, 2017
everytime i try to launch the game it just restarts my pc and the installer just has question marks for buttons

Nucking

Apr 3, 2017
I'm probably gonna be banned for this, but I followed all the instructions and when I try to run the application called GOKUAKU, which I assume is the game, it just opens cmd.exe and restarts my computer. It also happens when I try opening it through IHSetup. Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen even if I had done something wrong, no program ever should restart a computer without even asking. Is the game even worth this much?

Also, it does help that all the dialogue boxes for the installer are question marks for me, which probably means that it's all Japanese, and I can only hope that I clicked the right options.
I had this happen to me until I went into t properties on Gokaku and changed it to run in compatibilty mode with windows XP. Before that it would still restart my PC even if I was using A jap locale

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote