VN Ren'Py Abandoned Independent Sister [v0.1] [TroopJunior]

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
@muhmuhmoneyshot , I think @TrropJunior mentioned to me that shed be around 20. We have a new model that i hope everyone will enjoy. Ive been working to get render settings and small details in place, hopefully ill have a preview shortly. And im not certain weather she will get corrupted or MC. She seems like more of a bad apple, so idk.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
really like this render and new model
for sis. a bad sexy apple !

does this mean the game will have a proper 0.1 release soon?
:HeyGuys: Hey thanks mate!

I dont want to speak for @TrropJunior ,But i see no reason why it shouldnt happen end next month. But then again who knows. I think its both our first attempts at developing, So im sure ill run into 1 or 2 unforeseeable problems in Studio.(hopefully not something that brings me to a grinding halt).

I can tell you this. I've hit a nice stride and learned many of things over these past 2 days, so im feeling confident :FuckYea:

TrropJunior

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
really like this render and new model
for sis. a bad sexy apple !

does this mean the game will have a proper 0.1 release soon?
Things are going well on my end. Like @Lt. Aldo Raine said, this is our first time developing so problems might arise. I still have some things I have to figure out on Ren'py but I've been able to pick it up quite quickly thus far, so fingers crossed this won't be a hassle.

Like Aldo said, end of next month is a possibility, but don't want to go rushing into deadlines too quickly. That's one thing we discussed. We don't want to go making monthly deadlines like DMD and BB, but instead work away and make sure we're putting out content we're proud of, like SS.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
thanks for the thoughtful reply @TrropJunior

if possible and even if it takes 2-3 months I would like to see a solid amount of content for your official v0.01 release. there doesn't need to be any sex since the name of the game is slow progression (maybe not DMD snail slow) but jumping into dicking your sister on the first day won't win you any fans.

focus on the story, good dialog and banter (Teacher's Pet's is a great example of characters having their own personality and some dry frat boy and dad joke humor thrown in) and you'll start seeing more support.

looking forward to it and will keep an eye on this one!

also, previews and teasers would be nice to see your progress to let us know the project is alive and not dead.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
I was thinking about the premise of the game and here are some thoughts (possible story exploration)

-the ink all over her body would suggest she may have been involved with the wrong crowd and may owe bad people money or have w vengeful ex boyfriend looking for her - stepping in to save her from this is you - boosting your affection
and romance points with her
-she may be coming to you with no income and very little money, so you may need to help her find a job (slutty revealing outfits aren't necessary) you can be a gentleman and sleep on the sofa and give her the bed, or have her sleep on the sofa or share the bed (once you have enough points

maybe some more ideas after I've had some time to think about it.

TrropJunior

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
@atlas114 Interesting ideas. I have toyed with the idea of having a problem from her past that needs fixed where you can help her. What that is? I have no idea yet. Right now I'm just mainly focusing on the 'get to know you' part of the story. So many games where you meet a relative you haven't seen in a while (DMD, parental love etc.) all jump in and make it look like you're best friends with them after like two days of knowing each other i.e. there's zero awkwardness.

As for the slowness of the game, it will be a slow paced game, but like you said, no where near the slowness of DMD. That being said, since I'm trying to make the game as realistic as possible, I'm looking to add some h-scenes with the mc along the way (if it fits with the story). Since he's a single man in his mid 20's living in New York, he's more that likely going to have a few chances at getting lucky, right?

I really like what @Lt. Aldo Raine said earlier where he didn't know weather it was the sister that was getting corrupted or mc (maybe a little bit of both?). Right now I have so many ideas about which direction I want the game to go, so I'm just going see where the game goes as I'm writing/what people would like to see.

With the sister's income side of things, I don't really think I'm going to go the dependency route. The game is called 'Independent Sister' so more than likely she would want to be as independent as possible, and when it's all said and done, that's mainly what the end result is going to be.

Lastly, previews and updates will be inevitable. :)

Thanks for the interest in the game!

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
thanks again for the reply! I agree on the awkwardness piece. I myself have two sisters and we aren't best friends by any stretch of the imagination lol.

if you've never seen your sister at all then yes we have the total stranger perspective but there are some relations here, just not as strong from not having seen her in so long. so I would say there might even be some ambivalence and weirdness at first but once you start doing nice things for her (I think falling out with anyone much less your parents can be traumatizing), you could slowly make her go from independent inked girl to "dependent on you good girl". By nice things I mean like making her breakfast in the morning, asking her what she wants to do, maybe she needs a new casual outfit, or help her find her best friend in the city.

or be a total jackass and keep her as a bad girl I don't know lol. there's opportunity for branching.

first day I could envision a conversation to catch up- then out to dinner to explore the city, get some ice cream or coffee, chat some more before going home to call it a day. day 1-2 would likely feature no nudity but more conversations.

thanks again for consideration and reading!

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
and building out her personality so that there's a connection and almost "real" relationship to her; once you have this then the payoff is that much sweeter.

the fact that she's also hot as fuck and doesn't like wearing bras helps too lol. @Lt. Aldo Raine you did amazing work there bro. gorgeous render and I want more already :)

TrropJunior

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
@atlas114 I plan to make her personality, as well as the mc's be the focal point of the game. Like you said, once you have this, the payoff is much sweeter.

There will most likely be things that you can do for sis (probably similar to the things you said above). However, big things like giving her a place to stay and giving her money constantly are things that I'm trying to avoid. I'm trying to give people something different to play that isn't, "let's live together where I can peep on you constantly and you'll be absolutely none the wiser." Don't get me wrong, I enjoy those games, I just get tired of playing them.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
and building out her personality so that there's a connection and almost "real" relationship to her; once you have this then the payoff is that much sweeter.

the fact that she's also hot as fuck and doesn't like wearing bras helps too lol. @Lt. Aldo Raine you did amazing work there bro. gorgeous render and I want more already :)
It's about time we saw some Suicide Girls types making an appearance in these games! This is definitely one of my most anticipated games now! Good job with her @Lt. Aldo Raine & I'm equally looking forward to what @TrropJunior allows us to do with her!
Thank you both for the kind words! This is very new territory for me, i fancy myself more of a writer than anything. Your compliments helped me gather up a sufficient amount of confidence that i plan on putting to good use. Heres a little peek at what im working on today...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In these next renders im trying to determine which apartment ill be using. The first one is of better quality, but it needs lots of tweaking for surface shaders. The second is simple, but not as appealing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edit:uploaded wrong render
tat5&6.png ballgame1.png ballgame2.png

Last edited:

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
some more thoughts:

day 1 should be very story heavy with no chance at nudity unless you want to game over.

kind of reminds me of DMD day 1 where you had 4-5 different options on the screen but they all led to story and background or asking questions to expand.

im thinking of when you meet up with someone you haven't seen in awhile - what kind of questions do you ask them?

-how are you?
-what have you been up to?
-what happened with the parents?
-how did you get here?
-what were you doing before you got here?
-are you hungry?
-what did you want to do tonight?

and so on and so forth.

you could give her a tour of the place after some 20 questions, help her with her stuff, and then leave her alone to shower before you go out for dinner in the city. peeking into the shower would result in a game over; the nudity or at least implied/partial nudity would be far later down the road.

anyway just some rambling thoughts so early in the morning. more renders please @Lt. Aldo Raine :heartcoveredeyes:

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
some more thoughts:

day 1 should be very story heavy with no chance at nudity unless you want to game over.

kind of reminds me of DMD day 1 where you had 4-5 different options on the screen but they all led to story and background or asking questions to expand.

im thinking of when you meet up with someone you haven't seen in awhile - what kind of questions do you ask them?

-how are you?
-what have you been up to?
-what happened with the parents?
-how did you get here?
-what were you doing before you got here?
-are you hungry?
-what did you want to do tonight?

and so on and so forth.

you could give her a tour of the place after some 20 questions, help her with her stuff, and then leave her alone to shower before you go out for dinner in the city. peeking into the shower would result in a game over; the nudity or at least implied/partial nudity would be far later down the road.

anyway just some rambling thoughts so early in the morning. more renders please @Lt. Aldo Raine :heartcoveredeyes:
I gotta disagree with the no nudity or no partial nudity. Depending on the personality of the MC you could easily add nudity in as MC finding a chance peep on his sister. Just make sure you dont set it up to be an insta "you didnt get caught"
Add in something that could cause the MC to get caught and cause a game over.
The fact is more nudity is only going to atrract more pledgers on Patreon. But for those who actually want story you need to make the nudity is plausible.
You just gotta find the sweet balance between fan service and making a decent game with a decent story.
But thats just my 2 cents