VN Ren'Py Abandoned Independent Sister [v0.1] [TroopJunior]

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
View attachment 9283
Overview:
You play as a 25 year old man that moved out of his parents house when he was 16. You done pretty well for yourself and are a manager of a bank in New York. After 9 years being on your own, your younger sister phones and tells you she had a falling out with your parents and is in New York. You invite her round to your place and the game starts 5 minutes before she arrives​

Cant wait to check it out, and thanks for the your work on the walkthrough for that game i wont mention! Helped out a lot.

Reactions: TrropJunior

TrropJunior

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
@TrropJunior

I tried out the game and it's less than 2 minutes of actual gameplay. I wonder if it should be re-labeled as a v0.01-pre alpha as there's only an introductory like scene with no sort of progression.

The banter and grammar seem to be on point (with a few exceptions) and it looks like it could be promising.

Suggestions
> What sort of genre are you looking to build on this project? Incest/non-incest? There were no renders that I saw in my runthrough of a whole body shot of your sister to see what she looks like. I think this is the main question for the game. What is the goal? To help her become completely independent? Or corrupt her to be your plaything? Maybe something in between?
> Renders seemed to be on the grainy side. This didn't bother me much but I am spoiled playing games such as Anna Exciting Affection and Dating my Daughter
> Will there be a point/stat system in place to take inventory of your progression? I wasn't sure if the choices I was making would have an effect at some point in the game (i.e. friendship, romance, persuasion, corruption, affection, etc.)
> In the same vein as DMD, as this is your sister, there could be opportunity to slowly rebuild your relationship with her (given how the story states you haven't seen her in 9 years) There could be choices to lower stats and possibly end your relationship prematurely.

Thanks again for sharing your game and I'll follow up again when there is more content to try.
First of all thanks a lot for the feedback, now to answer your questions:

1. Yeah, the game will most likely be incest game with other characters that you can become involved with.
2. The main goal would probably be an ending where you can get all three of the opportunities (Completely independent, completely corrupt and a mixture of both.)
2. As I said previously, the renders were just sort of thrown together to so you had something to look at in the demo, I'll try and improve them in the next release (might be difficult with the computer I have since renders would take forever) but I'll do my best.
3. Yes, there will more than likely be a stat system. I haven't figured out which stats I'm going to use yet for the sole purpose that I don't want to completely copy DMD.
4. That's why I'm not 100% on 3. That's what I'm looking to do but since MrDots is doing that right now (and doing it pretty well) I'm hesitant because people will most likely say that I'm just copying him, but I'll work something out.

Again thanks for the feedback.

TrropJunior

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
First impressions: it's super short,the pictures are super grainy and the sisters yellow eyes need to change.... she is blonde so give her some nice blue or gray eyes. As for story, there really is nothing to say because it's just so short. As no planned content is listed anywhere ,im guessing you are aiming for bro/sis romance.
Yes, bro/sis romance is probably inevitable but I don't want it to be the only option in the game. I'm ideally looking to make it so the MC has a choice on what path to go with the sister. To use DMD as an example, the MC HAS to have an intimate relationship with the daughter in order to progress the story. I'm not looking to do that.

Thanks for the feedback.

TheMann421

May 13, 2017
It crashes right as she's leaving on the first day. Is that the end?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'A:\\Games\\IS_1.0/game\\saves\\persistent'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "A:\Games\IS_1.0\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "A:\Games\IS_1.0\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
    renpy.persistent.update(True)
  File "A:\Games\IS_1.0\renpy\persistent.py", line 378, in update
    save()
  File "A:\Games\IS_1.0\renpy\persistent.py", line 393, in save
    renpy.loadsave.location.save_persistent(data)
  File "A:\Games\IS_1.0\renpy\savelocation.py", line 463, in save_persistent
    l.save_persistent(data)
  File "A:\Games\IS_1.0\renpy\savelocation.py", line 331, in save_persistent
    safe_rename(fn_new, fn)
  File "A:\Games\IS_1.0\renpy\loadsave.py", line 202, in safe_rename
    os.unlink(new)
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'A:\\Games\\IS_1.0/game\\saves\\persistent'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Independant Sister 1.0

aben

Donor
Jun 28, 2017
Fixed the error. Just open the spoiler in the end of the post. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Tolanis

Aug 12, 2016
So game ends on day 1 where we got the crash ? As I end up on start screen after fixing the issue with not beeing able to write to disk

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
Please use at least 2-3 Downloads link's. My self can't use MEGA. Thanks......

Infineon

May 5, 2017
Kinda short and no adult content, but i like this type of games. Will be happy to try next versions

Jul 29, 2017
Just popping in to say I really like this story concept.

As someone with this fetish I always felt like a brother and sister living together is by far the most realistic scenario for anything to go down. I mean really, how do you get away with banging your sister with a whole family in the house? Keep up the good work.

TrropJunior

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
So after releasing a demo of my game, I got some pretty positive feedback. I've been working on making an official 0.1 release (have the script ready) but once I started rendering I realized I'm not the very best at it. I have some knowledge on it, hence why I made the demo, but just can't get it looking great.

I'm looking for an artist, preferably with a decent knowledge of Daz (but I'm not too fussed), to join the project. The artist would have full control over the visuals of the game and could do anything they liked with it.

Shoot me a message if you'd like to know more.

Reactions: geistmas

M$hot

May 28, 2017
Can I ask, conceptually it sounds interesting, and I like that you're not planning to force us to keep hands off or be hands on with the sister, that freedom is really awesome. And I'm assuming since you start the corruption at some point, you could also change your mind at some point to (un)do the corruption.

My main question really, how old is the 'younger sister' supposed to be? It could very well be me, but I like the idea of a 23 year old instead of the 18 year olds that are usually easily infantalized. Anyway, keep doing your thing!

With regards to your interest in a graphics artist, I'm too anal and use a different program to realistically offer you my help. You'd be waiting like 4 weeks for a single render. Hope you find someone though! :)