README [ILLUSION] Card Sharing Discussion Thread

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Something I've wanted to ask is do we just upload whatever we want? Within reason of course, I know the purpose is to safely upload any card but I feel like it'll fill up real quick if we just upload anything and everything.
I vote it's okay to upload entire collections of pixiv artists since those guys a ticking time bombs sometimes but hmm... next thing you know, some guy's gonna dump his entire collection of cards he took ten minutes tops on and won't even bother tagging any of it. Or will uploading still only be a privilege for us trusted folk? :unsure:
You can upload whatever and it will only be trusted users who can upload. I will be putting in a request feature for users who already have cards or collections can link to them. Then they just have to be uploaded.

Also everything will have to be tagged. No tags = No upload. It will be required.
1; (This one sounds a liiittle dumb but eh) Maybe group all the scenes, characters, and coordinates for each game in one section so that you can see all three at once?
The idea is to have a tag for the collection. So if 40 cards, 20 scenes and 10 coords all go to the same things, it will be tagged as such. You will be able to click on that tag and pull up everything related to it.

2; I see a lot of shit I really don't wanna see these days, maybe make a blacklist that blurs/blocks certain tags and make tagging any upload mandatory? :oops: I'd prefer blurring so I can still download it and fix it for myself if it's decent.
I can see about adding a blacklist of sorts.

StankotheEclown

Jr. Uploader
Nov 29, 2018
You can upload whatever and it will only be trusted users who can upload. I will be putting in a request feature for users who already have cards or collections can link to them. Then they just have to be uploaded.

Also everything will have to be tagged. No tags = No upload. It will be required.
Beautiful <3 I will take this into consideration and I hope others do, too. I don't have nearly as much time as I used to so it'd be cool if people could upload all kinds of cards from all kinds of sources like the koi discords, any random ass sites, etc.

I only have a slight concern and that it would seem as though some people think uploader = access to the site and I've even seen some people bug you for Uploader status when they thought that was the case and even just reuploaded other people's cards. Might sound weird but maybe make it so that you have to bring something new to the table to be an uploader? When the site is up at least so it's easier to check.
But maybe more uploaders would be a good thing, Iunno. :HideThePain:

The idea is to have a tag for the collection. So if 40 cards, 20 scenes and 10 coords all go to the same things, it will be tagged as such. You will be able to click on that tag and pull up everything related to it.
Mhm mhm but what I'm talking about is recently uploaded things, like anything uploaded and you see it on the front page and on the zonies site when you click on View All Files. Except I'd like to be able to see more than 12 things, I wish it had pages and of course not everyone is interested in each game or perhaps you don't care about scenes or coordinates, maybe HoneyCome and Koi look too similar, etc and so you edit your preferences to not show those.

If I'm not looking for anything specific and I just want to see everything recently uploaded (but more than 12 things,) I don't want to have 9 different tabs open looking at each category and refreshing each one of them any time I wanna check for anything new. :KEK:

Zazazull

Mar 8, 2018
Well, first of all, great job so far ryahn!

I think a blacklist is an interesting idea but perhaps the effect of the blacklist would be to automatically put the items in questions in a ''hidden'' state that you have to toggle on or off to see? My main concern with black list is that it differs per individuals. What might be blacklist material for me, might not be for you and I feel these items should have their place.

As far as I am concerned, a robust search feature is what we need. Perusing booru for hours because tags are misplaced or I can't quite narrow my search well enough to find something is frustrating.

This isn't part of the website per say, and you probable already thought of that, but I would try to get some trusted individuals to moderate and curate cards and scene and apply a ''special'' tag to said scenes and cards. Could mean the item is of high quality, could mean something else, but it would provide a way to quickly find quality content for all parties involved.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I think a blacklist is an interesting idea but perhaps the effect of the blacklist would be to automatically put the items in questions in a ''hidden'' state that you have to toggle on or off to see? My main concern with black list is that it differs per individuals. What might be blacklist material for me, might not be for you and I feel these items should have their place.
It will be per user based. So everyone can have their own blacklist set.

As far as I am concerned, a robust search feature is what we need. Perusing booru for hours because tags are misplaced or I can't quite narrow my search well enough to find something is frustrating.
The search system will be fuzzy based. So if a card and creator/artist have the same name, the item will popup in the search.

This isn't part of the website per say, and you probable already thought of that, but I would try to get some trusted individuals to moderate and curate cards and scene and apply a ''special'' tag to said scenes and cards. Could mean the item is of high quality, could mean something else, but it would provide a way to quickly find quality content for all parties involved.
I might see about adding tags that only moderators can add. But there will be a moderator group to help manage it.

Reactions: Gojii and Zazazull

l3read

May 6, 2021
Love it, great job so far.

Some questuon about adding tags.
When uploading the cards, is there a auto-correct function to add tags more easily or we can select from all the existing tags. Or do we have type out all the tags manually?

Also Can we have dark theme pls.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
When uploading the cards, is there a auto-correct function to add tags more easily or we can select from all the existing tags. Or do we have type out all the tags manually?
When you type the tag in, it would auto generate a drop down with tags. Tags will be voted on to be added as well, as they are needed.
Also Can we have dark theme pls.
White with yellow font color :evilsmile:

Yes dark will be default.

Reactions: StankotheEclown

pepper6969

Aug 27, 2023
Something that has always bothered me about Bepis is the mod situation. Sometimes you will download a card and it will have missing mods that you have to search for, and if they are paywalled, good luck getting them. The current way around this is to post a link to an upload site hosting the mods in the cards comment section. The problem is that there is no link, or the link is there but got reported, so its dead. I think the best solution is that you can upload the mods with the card so people have the option to download the card/mods together or separately from the cards profile.

Reactions: naki.ata

b_bepis

Oct 9, 2020
There are serious problems with the site I don't see you addressing:

There's no actual check for card data on upload, so if I want I can just upload pure garbage that only contains links to my paywalled patreon account as a form of advertising, or malicious zip bombs that will fuck up computers on users' systems

You require people to be manually assigned an uploader role before they can upload cards, which in turn requires other hoops to jump through like needing 10 card postings on a forum thread (that also in turn requires a user account and manually verified posts), and to use a very specific naming convention on upload. 90% of people are not going to give a fuck about cards enough to go through those steps to upload

Using VPS/on-demand "dedicated" services is not going to work in the long term, and you've already experienced having to transfer services at least twice because of issues regarding the hosters. These kinds of hosts put arbitrary terms like "excessive bandwidth loads" in their ToS so they can kick you off if you use more bandwidth than they expect, even though they advertise "unlimited". There's a reason why businesses use much more expensive cloud services that don't have clauses like that, because they don't want their entire site relying on the whim of the hoster.

This applies doubly to the DMCA reverse proxy provider; not only do they have the same issues as above, there's nothing actually enforcing them to ignore DMCA requests. If they feel threatened enough they will still accept the DMCA request, and barring that there exist provisions to go after a website's owner through their domain name. Which I'm guessing you've purchased from a western company

This website is going down the exact same path as Kenzato. There's a reason why bepisdb does things they way they are; it's built off of the corpses of 3 other dead card sharing websites, and learning from those mistakes is the only reason why the site is still used to this day.
If you're wondering why bepisdb has stagnated, it's because after years of paying for the site out of pocket, and only barely managing to break even after rolling out a patreon, there's very little desire to continue to pour hundreds of more hours into the site for barely any money, let alone acknowledgement. Compared to seeing paywalled card creators raising thousands of dollars a month.
You putting money towards developing a new site instead of offering a bounty for new features is a testament to how people treat the site. And from the snippets you've posted, it seems like you're already spending more money than bepisdb does, so you're going to be encountering the same issue but on a worse scale.

Up to you whether you accept my information or not

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
There's no actual check for card data on upload, so if I want I can just upload pure garbage that only contains links to my paywalled patreon account as a form of advertising, or malicious zip bombs that will fuck up computers on users' systems
I have thought about it, just didn’t publicly state it. I have it on my todo list. I will have to do some research on what specific data is needed to be checked.

This applies doubly to the DMCA reverse proxy provider; not only do they have the same issues as above, there's nothing actually enforcing them to ignore DMCA requests. If they feel threatened enough they will still accept the DMCA request, and barring that there exist provisions to go after a website's owner through their domain name. Which I'm guessing you've purchased from a western company
Current domain is temporary. New domain is registered in Finland or Netherlands.

Server is hosted in a country and a host that mostly ignores dmca. The proxy is setup to help protect the backend, even though both are hosted where dmca is largely ignored.
Using VPS/on-demand "dedicated" services is not going to work in the long term, and you've already experienced having to transfer services at least twice because of issues regarding the hosters. These kinds of hosts put arbitrary terms like "excessive bandwidth loads" in their ToS so they can kick you off if you use more bandwidth than they expect, even though they advertise "unlimited". There's a reason why businesses use much more expensive cloud services that don't have clauses like that, because they don't want their entire site relying on the whim of the hoster.
Most of the downtime has been to hardware upgrades. The current issue with bandwidth is that the host currently only allows max of 100Mbs. The server is 1Gbps with guaranteed bandwidth of 330TB. Once reached, it’s throttled to 10MBs with the option to buy bandwidth. I am paying for dedicated 1Gbps.

You require people to be manually assigned an uploader role before they can upload cards, which in turn requires other hoops to jump through like needing 10 card postings on a forum thread (that also in turn requires a user account and manually verified posts), and to use a very specific naming convention on upload. 90% of people are not going to give a fuck about cards enough to go through those steps to upload
File naming conventions is removed. Uploader role is more of a temporary fix until there are safe guards in place. Also requests won’t using this site. There will be a dedicated section for people to ask for missing cards or items. The thread is a mess and no real way to organize it.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Mhm mhm but what I'm talking about is recently uploaded things, like anything uploaded and you see it on the front page and on the zonies site when you click on View All Files. Except I'd like to be able to see more than 12 things, I wish it had pages and of course not everyone is interested in each game or perhaps you don't care about scenes or coordinates, maybe HoneyCome and Koi look too similar, etc and so you edit your preferences to not show those.

If I'm not looking for anything specific and I just want to see everything recently uploaded (but more than 12 things,) I don't want to have 9 different tabs open looking at each category and refreshing each one of them any time I wanna check for anything new. :KEK:
I will see about adding a drop down to change how many are listed. Probably add this a preference on the user profile.

• Red Heart

StankotheEclown

Jr. Uploader
Nov 29, 2018
Holy shid that boy just popped off without even knowing the half of it. Somebody get that man an apple pie.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Holy shid that boy just popped off without even knowing the half of it. Somebody get that man an apple pie.
eh its bound to happen. I am working on a way to read the binary part of the image to search for what game the card was generated from. To ensure that images are valid.

• Red Heart

StankotheEclown

Jr. Uploader
Nov 29, 2018
eh its bound to happen. I am working on a way to read the binary part of the image to search for what game the card was generated from. To ensure that images are valid.
If you would like to. It could make things easier if we ever trust more people to upload things so it's like a precaution, otherwise I don't see why a trusted uploader would upload anything wrong.

I'd also like to correct him in that I give a fuck about naming things so if anyone needs to take one for the team and rename things, my OCD ass has you covered. I got so much anime tiddy and I didn't even know who half these girls were so I just started finding out who they were, who made it, etc and started renaming a lot of stuff.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
If you would like to. It could make things easier if we ever trust more people to upload things so it's like a precaution, otherwise I don't see why a trusted uploader would upload anything wrong.

I'd also like to correct him in that I give a fuck about naming things so if anyone needs to take one for the team and rename things, my OCD ass has you covered. I got so much anime tiddy and I didn't even know who half these girls were so I just started finding out who they were, who made it, etc and started renaming a lot of stuff.
After being on here since 2017 and all the learning hurdles staff has been through. Trust has a very short reach. Most of our uploaders stay a Jr for months, if not close to a year before we fully trust them. That is unless, they prove us otherwise. Having this layer of protection is to ensure that every card, scene, etc is valid. Now this isnt to say that someone could hide something in the image after the fact but that is what the reports are for.

I am working on a banning system to ban by IP, email and username. Also disposable emails won't be allowed to register, to help prevent abuse. Granted, someone can use a VPN and that is just business when dealing with ban evasions. After so long, most of the VPN IPs will be banned if abused enough.

StankotheEclown

Jr. Uploader
Nov 29, 2018
After being on here since 2017 and all the learning hurdles staff has been through. Trust has a very short reach. Most of our uploaders stay a Jr for months, if not close to a year before we fully trust them. That is unless, they prove us otherwise. Having this layer of protection is to ensure that every card, scene, etc is valid. Now this isnt to say that someone could hide something in the image after the fact but that is what the reports are for.

I am working on a banning system to ban by IP, email and username. Also disposable emails won't be allowed to register, to help prevent abuse. Granted, someone can use a VPN and that is just business when dealing with ban evasions. After so long, most of the VPN IPs will be banned if abused enough.
And I'll be here every step of the way. Oh captain, my captain.

I see what you mean. I'd say I have trust issues as well but I feel as though it's merely just common sense. There's a lot of dumbasses these days and it's hard to weed through all of 'em in a timely manner.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
And I'll be here every step of the way. Oh captain, my captain.

I see what you mean. I'd say I have trust issues as well but I feel as though it's merely just common sense. There's a lot of dumbasses these days and it's hard to weed through all of 'em in a timely manner.
The fun part is going to be figuring out how to import all the currently uploaded cards. I know of a way to import them into the database, etc but the issue is going to be applying all the tags, etc. Just going to be a large backlog of files to work on it *sigh*

StankotheEclown

Jr. Uploader
Nov 29, 2018
The fun part is going to be figuring out how to import all the currently uploaded cards. I know of a way to import them into the database, etc but the issue is going to be applying all the tags, etc. Just going to be a large backlog of files to work on it *sigh*
You don't gotta, I probably have all of 'em anyway.
Others are probably willing to reupload, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: whatever888

Gumbro6869

Oct 1, 2021
UPDATE; 7th Oct 2023 #2

Here's a link for and as individual downloads if you've downloaded the previous collections and don't wanna download the whole thing for two cards.
If you have any of the new cards, send 'em in a DM and I will reupload accordingly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Waiting for Yamato patiently :HideThePain:

• Red Heart