README [ILLUSION] Card Sharing Discussion Thread

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Rules
  1. No requesting/begging of any kind. Discussion only.
  2. This is not a support thread for any ILLUSION games.
  3. Failure to follow these rules may result in warnings/thread bans

Card Share - Database Site - Status: ONLINE
Card Share is a project dedicated to better management of sharing scenes, characters, etc for ILLUSION games. Its goal is to provide better content management, accuracy and safety for downloads.

Discord for discussion of Card Share hosting
-- Note, it requires verification to join. Just solve the captcha to join.

Status Updates
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

StankotheEclown

Jr. Uploader
Nov 29, 2018
'cause they're a hoe that uses passwords.

Here's in this update for those who wish to just download the new card~
If you have any new cards when they get released, send 'em in a DM and I will reupload accordingly.

Last edited:

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Update

Your server disconnects because you installed Ubuntu GUI, as proof I am attaching the screenshot of yesterday's logs when the server was offline also for this reason. The only solution in this case is to reinstall your server to avoid such unpleasant situations. We await your reply.
I don't remember ever install a GUI on the server. PHP, nginx, nodejs, mysql, certbot, etc were installed.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Card Share is back up for now. I am working on the new server. Also will be going to a new domain as well: cardsha.re

• Red Heart
Reactions: StankotheEclown

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Oct 6 @ 0412
Transfer started to new site

I will stop all uploads once I can make the change over. Then do another transfer. Hopefully make it a smooth transition.

Reactions: l3read

Mystfigu

Jun 28, 2018
Reupload of my Apuri Collection 'cause they're a hoe that uses passwords now.
Updated with old cards and one new card.
I also didn't get around to renaming them yet so they all have their original file names, gomenasorry. :giggle:
If you have any of the new cards, send 'em in a DM and I will reupload accordingly until the new site is set up.

just a heads up, you can still get the Yone card from the
his other patreon page also has a Shiramine Nokia still up, though it is the old version...

Reactions: StankotheEclown

StankotheEclown

Jr. Uploader
Nov 29, 2018
just a heads up, you can still get the Yone card from the
his other patreon page also has a Shiramine Nokia still up, though it is the old version...
Oh, weird. I had a strange feeling like I should check the mono but didn't think I should waste my time. Must've updated it and just released it as a normal download. :unsure:
And ye, I believe I have all the old cards I just need a handful of the new ones. I've yet to double check but I'm certain. I forget they even made her already so thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mystfigu

whatever888

Dec 25, 2018
Is it possible to implement a feature to check if the file exists and skip its upload based on 1. name 2. filesize for example?
Ive uploaded 2 files, then 140 more, the album still shows 140, and I dont know which 2 are missing since the first 2 were uploaded already. Should be 142.
So I had drag and drop all 142 together again and it just reuploads them all instead.
Would be super convenient to keep the albums cleaner and less traffic for you :)
Ty for the hard work!

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Is it possible to implement a feature to check if the file exists and skip its upload based on 1. name 2. filesize for example?
Ive uploaded 2 files, then 140 more, the album still shows 140, and I dont know which 2 are missing since the first 2 were uploaded already. Should be 142.
So I had drag and drop all 142 together again and it just reuploads them all instead.
Would be super convenient to keep the albums cleaner and less traffic for you :)
Ty for the hard work!
Current file system hashes each file and stores it in a database. Each file uploaded is checked against this hash and prevents the upload if it matches an existing one. The issue with the current host, I dont know if I can implement a notification when there is a match. I will check but no promises.

Code:
chunksData[file.uuid].writeStream.end()
    const bytesWritten = chunksData[file.uuid].writeStream.bytesWritten
    const hash = chunksData[file.uuid].hashStream
      ? chunksData[file.uuid].hashStream.digest('hex')
      : null
As for matching name, I don't think its a good idea, as there would be 2 different characters with the same name. Same with filesize.
If hashed properly, it already takes this into consideration.

Reactions: whatever888

whatever888

Dec 25, 2018
Current file system hashes each file and stores it in a database. Each file uploaded is checked against this hash and prevents the upload if it matches an existing one. The issue with the current host, I dont know if I can implement a notification when there is a match. I will check but no promises.

Code:
chunksData[file.uuid].writeStream.end()
    const bytesWritten = chunksData[file.uuid].writeStream.bytesWritten
    const hash = chunksData[file.uuid].hashStream
      ? chunksData[file.uuid].hashStream.digest('hex')
      : null
As for matching name, I don't think its a good idea, as there would be 2 different characters with the same name. Same with filesize.
If hashed properly, it already takes this into consideration.
So its already skipping when I drag same file in I just uploaded? Awesome!

But I cannot figure out why dropping 143 files into the album, results in 141 files uploaded when viewing it.

Last edited:

whatever888

Dec 25, 2018
After downloading my own folder, all the names are like this but I sorted by size and checked for pairs from local folder vs downloaded folder, some X-Factor stuff going on: ALL had a pair, and together 284 instead of 282.

143 files were dropped into the uploader, only 141 show in album.
141 downloaded back, but all had a pair with same size compared to the local folder, which should mean there were 143 downloaded, it either shows wrong (which isnt, because I counted them manually in the album (each page 15 files) + 6, or there is some mystery happening which isnt an argument.
Either way I cant explain it :)

1696609192986.png

Last edited:

Cheel23

Apr 7, 2018
After downloading my own folder, all the names are like this but I sorted by size and checked for pairs from local folder vs downloaded folder, some X-Factor stuff going on: ALL had a pair, and together 284 instead of 282.

143 files were dropped into the uploader, only 141 show in album.
141 downloaded back, but all had a pair with same size compared to the local folder, which should mean there were 143 downloaded, it either shows wrong (which isnt, because I counted them manually in the album (each page 15 files) + 6, or there is some mystery happening which isnt an argument.
Either way I cant explain it :)

View attachment 2985332
For the described case, you can download any duplicate finder software (for example, the free CCleaner), download the album from the website, compare the two folders and delete duplicates. Two files will remain if they were unique. Or it will show if these two files were duplicates.
CCleaner_3.png

Last edited:

whatever888

Dec 25, 2018
For the described case, you can download any duplicate finder software (for example, the free CCleaner), download the album from the website, compare the two folders and delete duplicates. Two files will remain if they were unique. Or it will show if these two files were duplicates.
View attachment 2985400
Yup thats what I did too just to be sure no human error is present.
Uploaded from Local Folder 143
Album shows 141
Downloaded the album back, 7z says 141 (2 missing)
Comparing with a software and manually by size (since names are scrambled), they all had pairs since 141 + 143 = 284, instead of 286 (why 143 up and 141 down is the mystery to me)

I had two pairs of 8KB files, but those are indeed 8KB each and both are different cards, anything else is proper pair.
Ive never had such stuff going on haha.

Looking from the most obvious perspective, 143 files drag and dropped, 141 got into the album, since every page shows 15 files times 9 pages + last page had 6, which is 141 manually counted. 2 files were dropped during upload 100% , but the server might have registered them anyways somehow?

Like' cmon I dont wanna feel like fucking Alzheimers is creeping in or Im being gaslighted by the server haha, went to play some Factorio to check thinking, brain in check apparently :ROFLMAO:

Ill upload them to a new album, 20 at a time and check again. Really wanna know what 2 files get dropped.

Last edited:

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
New site update is coming along nicely. Due to my time contrantaints, its going to take to at least the end of Oct to 2nd week of Nov to finish it. Or at least get it up and running to what I want to see.

StankotheEclown

Jr. Uploader
Nov 29, 2018
naki.ata StankotheEclown whatever888 Cheel23 l3read

Anyone can give feedback. I have also made a post on the discord as well about it.

Here is some progress
It's so beautiful I could cry <3 It's just like bepis but less cringe :BootyTime: Thank the lawdy jeebus.
Will the Scenes be bundled with the Characters? We could also do Coordinate Cards since a lot of these guys release outfit cards, too.
Nevermind I just saw the data on the second image :KEK:

Last edited:

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Will the Scenes be bundled with the Characters? We could also do Coordinate Cards since a lot of these guys release outfit cards, too.
I can add in whatever needs to be done

It's so beautiful I could cry <3 It's just like bepis but less cringe :BootyTime: Thank the lawdy jeebus.
Nevermind I just saw the data on the second image :KEK:
Probably going to redesign the site to not be a mirror copy.

Looks good.
Will a search feature be added for convenience?
Yes, I do plan on adding a search feature.

StankotheEclown

Jr. Uploader
Nov 29, 2018
I can add in whatever needs to be done

Probably going to redesign the site to not be a mirror copy.

Yes, I do plan on adding a search feature.
I was 'boutta say of course there's gonna be a search feature. What kinda ratchet ass archive doesn't have a search bar?
Also that's perfectly fine, just as long as it's equally as convenient. We also won't really need Coordinate Cards but some of the paywall ones are just good enough to warrant it.

I guess I'll roll out that list I was talking about now;
Something I've wanted to ask is do we just upload whatever we want? Within reason of course, I know the purpose is to safely upload any card but I feel like it'll fill up real quick if we just upload anything and everything.
I vote it's okay to upload entire collections of pixiv artists since those guys are ticking time bombs sometimes but hmm... next thing you know, some guy's gonna dump his entire collection of cards he took ten minutes tops on and won't even bother tagging any of it. Or will uploading still only be a privilege for us trusted folk? :unsure:

Only suggestions I can think of that haven't already been publicly suggested would be
1;
(This one sounds a liiittle dumb but eh) Maybe group all the scenes, characters, and coordinates for each game in one section so that you can see all three at once?
OR perhaps more conveniently some sort of For You that you can adjust to see what things from what game have been posted recently all in one page?
I often check a lot of different pages and so I got like 7 tabs open from the same site just takin' up space on my browser.

2; I see a lot of shit I really don't wanna see these days, maybe make a personal blacklist feature that blurs/blocks certain tags and make tagging any upload mandatory? :oops: I'd prefer blurring so I can still download it and fix it for myself if it's decent.

Stanko might have more ideas but I think that's a big enough wall of text for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYXB