Jun 9, 2018
If that's the case that's pretty minor compared to ,say, the restoration patch for If my heart had wings.
The restoration patch for IMHHW took a lot longer to develop, though; because it rewrote entire routes and fixed severe translation issues althroughout the game.

This game just released, so even if it gets such a complex patch, it'll take time for it to reach that level.

Reactions: Amariithynar

Thebestone1123

Dec 14, 2018
The restoration patch for IMHHW took a lot longer to develop, though; because it rewrote entire routes and fixed severe translation issues althroughout the game.

This game just released, so even if it gets such a complex patch, it'll take time for it to reach that level.
Yeah I know. Instead of naming it a restoration patch I would name it name fix(Actually the file is named that but it isn't named that here) or something and for when they fix the chick that goes dude instead of onii-chan, then call it a restoration patch, as that would restore the experience.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
I'm going to be honest, I don't mind him changing it at all.
Part of the appeal of these stories is that it's in a foreign world, with a foreign culture, and foreign customs. Not all readers want to pretend Japanese novels are set in Chicago. We want to experience different things - that's what books, movies, and video games are all about. I mean, imagine putting Harry Potter in Kansas. An enormous part of the charm of Harry Potter was the linguistic differences vs. US English, as well as reading about how they do things differently overseas (dragons and witchcraft aside). Even in Hogwarts, those customs came through.

It's just like reading a fantasy novel, only more educational and interesting because it's not fantasy - those honorifics, shoe lockers, tatami mats, kareoke parlors, and kotatsu are totally a thing. Why would you want to gut that "fantasy" world just so it's more relate-able? That's kind of terrible.

Jun 9, 2018
Changing the name later on wouldn't make that much sense. If they intend to fix everything, then restoration patch works as a name. Not to mention, it does restore Yuuki's proper name.

Also, I can't take it anymore. I got up to the welcoming party, but I just can't. Dense protagonists are one thing, but total pushovers are infuriating. If someone else knows, does he stop being a god damn pushover once you reach the beginning of the routes, or does it maintain for the entirety of the game?

It doesn't need to be someone like Yamato from Majikoi but just anyone, anything better than this. So beta you might as well say gamma, indeed. So far, the other characters don't make up for the MC being so damn awful.

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
Arunaru ruins the wording of yet another game. When will any company finally stand up to him when he is ruining their games? MangaGamer should be ashamed.
What's this about? I'm curious and would like to know.

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
It doesn't need to be someone like Yamato from Majikoi but just anyone, anything better than this. So beta you might as well say gamma, indeed. So far, the other characters don't make up for the MC being so damn awful.
Are you serious or do you just not get why they made him like that?

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
That's the point.

I'm not reading Japanese, i'm reading English. I'm reading them for a story not for the culture. Again, i'm British, not Japanese the honorifics put me off and they have no place in an English translation.

If I cared about them, i'd learn Japanese.
I think they are deaf so they need the text or something.

Jun 9, 2018
What's this about? I'm curious and would like to know.
One character that addresses the main character as onii-chan had her dialogue changed. Now, she calls you dude. Every time she would say onii-chan, including during h-scenes according to the pictures I've seen.

Another character speaks in the third person, but that was edited out altogether.

And the main character has a habit of speaking broken English when he gets nervous, but since the translation is already in English, the translator decided he should speak in broken Spanish when he gets nervous instead; with the reason behind this baffling decision being that it made the most sense, since the general public of America can comprehend both English and Spanish.

Must be a different area of America than where I'm from, then.

Are you serious or do you just not get why they made him like that?
In my case, I'm serious. Ultimately, exactly how much of his pathetic nature you can deal with depends on the person, and I might find it more frustrating than the next; but he's insufferable. There are even times when he gets upset or panics before relaxing with the line of thought of "Actually, I'm used to being treated like human garbage, so this is no big deal for a beta like me."

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
In my case, I'm serious. Ultimately, exactly how much of his pathetic nature you can deal with depends on the person, and I might find it more frustrating than the next; but he's insufferable. There are even times when he gets upset or panics before relaxing with the line of thought of "Actually, I'm used to being treated like human garbage, so this is no big deal for a beta like me."
Well okay this is why: He's not the type to get pissed off easy and he's stuck in a situation where the characters who do harass him are all female so he's not going to punch them since he's not an asshole and it tends to always be multiple people when in those situations so of course that's ridiculously hard to deal with plus there's no male friend in this. Still if he does actually get mad at the one who makes the dirty jokes all the time enough he does have an outburst calling her a bitch etc swearing doesn't happen much in Japan so there's that reason too. As for one of the other ones she's a sadist that's the point any guy's meant to get pushed around and the third one that does that... well she's just got annoying bratty personality so I pretended she doesn't exist and avoided as much interaction as possible bleh. When it comes to his confidence with women it's a pure dating sim with a virgin guy not a fantasy or sci fi VN one.

HOWEVER I will agree that they overdid it a bit with his confidence but only in select parts and he does get more confidence when in a relationship. They should have made him more like the protag in Furebara. I think that whole game was done perfectly.

Ben Shapiro

Sep 30, 2017
No one knows. The blurb in the spoiler about it doesn't really make sense.
Right now the restoration patch only changes Yuki to Yuuki. He is working on fixing images + getting rid of the dude shit with Chiho. He is aiming for a End of December Patch release.

Reactions: Amariithynar
Jun 9, 2018
Well okay this is why: He's not the type to get pissed off easy and he's stuck in a situation where the characters who do harass him are all female so he's not going to punch them since he's not an asshole and it tends to always be multiple people when in those situations so of course that's ridiculously hard to deal with plus there's no male friend in this.
I'm not asking for a reason why he acts this way. He's a pushover, that's why. I'm stating that I think the decision to make him a pushover was a terrible mistake, and is probably one of the reasons leading to the decline in Japan's birth rate.

Your justification, however, is so wrong on so many levels. Why are you implying that punching them is the only decent response? I'd never punch anyone who wasn't physically threatening me. Additionally, despite all the language I'm using in my explanation here, it's entirely possible to say each and every one of these things without cussing the person in question out.

The decent responses are simple. Tell the lady who makes dirty jokes all the damn time and literally pulls your pants down in the middle of class that if she keeps slandering your reputation, then you don't need her in your life.

As a matter of fact, as a general rule, if anyone tries to sweep you along in the current of their random whims without seeming to care at all about your actual opinion on the matter; tell them to stop it or get out of your life.

As for one of the other ones she's a sadist that's the point any guy's meant to get pushed around
Also, this line of thinking is not the normal reaction. This line of thinking is the reaction held by masochists. Not that there's anything wrong with being a masochist, but if you aren't a masochist then you stop allowing the sadist to have her way. You don't just sit there and let her push you around. If you do, you may in fact by a masochist good sir.

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
Tell the lady who makes dirty jokes all the damn time and literally pulls your pants down in the middle of class that if she keeps slandering your reputation, then you don't need her in your life.
As a matter of fact, as a general rule, if anyone tries to sweep you along in the current of their random whims without seeming to care at all about your actual opinion on the matter; tell them to stop it or get out of your life.
Damn! Are you unable to joke around and tease your friends and take it yourself? I mean jesus dude they're still kids and she's just dicking around with a friend not acquaintance or stranger. I did that kinda stupid shit to my friends back in highschool and them to me. Still do plenty of verbal teasing to this day. Who cares, get over it and they've known each other since they were kids. Can you seriously just drop a relationship over such a petty reason?
Now if it was some random acquaintance you had only a few or no ties to sure ditch em you don't really any really care about them at that point anyway. Or if it was a big reason that changes who you they are to you like them being involved in serious criminal acts you know like murder or pedophilia. Or even pushing their political agenda on you to the extreme like SJW then even if they're a friend sure I'd drop em although when it comes to that one I'd at least try to correct them to avoid having to stop being friends.

If you do, you may in fact by a masochist good sir.
Yeah maybe but I don't like anything further than that it grosses me out so I dunno.
Ah and as for that declining birth rates thing that's pretty much a worldwide problem not just Japan.

Jun 9, 2018
Damn! Are you unable to joke around and tease your friends and take it yourself?
Back when I was in school and my friends and I teased each other, we had a few unspoken rules. The biggest one was that our teasing was just between us. We didn't turn around and say things that would make one of us look like a sex offender to our classmates, and we certainly didn't imply anything to such a degree that someone seriously believed it.

Not to mention, damn fucking right I'd instantly remove someone from my life if they pants me in the middle of a classroom that wasn't empty. Especially in the presence of the opposite sex and in such a way that makes it look like I did it myself. That's not teasing, that is the type of thing that makes you look like a sex offender.

You're welcome to your own opinions on what a healthy relationship is, but I don't need a toxic relationship like that.

someone know how to get maya route?
Maya doesn't have a route.

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
Not to mention, damn fucking right I'd instantly remove someone from my life if they pants me in the middle of a classroom that wasn't empty. Especially in the presence of the opposite sex and in such a way that makes it look like I did it myself. That's not teasing, that is the type of thing that makes you look like a sex offender.
Yeah you've just got low tolerance for very playful types. Well anyway I just think the class is retarded to think that while both knowing the relationship between the two and how she acts with him. I mean it just doesn't even make sense to come to that conclusion you know? So condemning the randoms is what I'd do.

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
I was originally going to download this because I was intrigued with the long gameplay and many choices, but after seeing how the translator changed the honorific from Onii-chan to "Dude" I think I'll step away from this one. Unless the restoration patch changes this kind of stuff? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

ll@ma

Feb 25, 2018
the current restoration patch doesn't, but its creator is working on a version that will replace the dudes.

he's hoping to get that version out this month

Jun 9, 2018
I was originally going to download this because I was intrigued with the long gameplay and many choices, but after seeing how the translator changed the honorific from Onii-chan to "Dude" I think I'll step away from this one. Unless the restoration patch changes this kind of stuff? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Like they said above, it doesn't fix the onii-chan thing just yet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

censuur

Oct 15, 2017
Welp, less than 5 minutes in the story is already unbearable, as an absurdly retarded girl being completely inconsistent in her characterization in "not McDonalds" Really? You are so utterly clueless because apparently you were raised in isolation, but you somehow conveniently completely alone and blindly trust the first stranger to be near you and act in a manner you would never have learned or be taught to do in a privileged, isolated lifestyle. And for what? A ridiculous situation that is as contrived as it is over-done.

Is this seriously one of the love interests? She acts dumber then a fucking 8 year old, I know Japanese like their pedophilia but jesus fuck.

Also, fucking fast food apple pie and you've "never eaten something this good"? Fuck off. Fuck right off. I am fucking done.

Reactions: exaccuss
4.30 star(s) 3 Votes