• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Unity Abandoned House of Pleasure [v0.4.5] [deepandsilent3dx]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

h3avenw0rd

Jun 7, 2017
A couple of things.

1) Startup warning screen needs work, it's a bit disjointed and the text is too small, your agree/quit buttons are too far from the texts as well so this feels like underused content spacing.

2) Texts/buttons are still small in general (also not a fan of middle aligned choices when normal text is left aligned), what is the "intended" resolution for the game? All UI elements could be bigger, the save menu could be more accessible instead of being nested to "settings" > save/load (and also more slots as time goes on).

3) Missed opportunity to break away from cloning BB when you didn't allow for player naming.

4) Hide text button (tiny red down arrow pointer) is odd. It's tiny, and honestly I thought it was some misplaced advance screen indicator but it's just a really tiny hide/show text box feature.

5) Not a fan of the story atm, you're literally just another asshole molester being dumped into this house full of women, despite your reasoning for being placed there being molesting other women. I understand the cloning, but it worked in BB because of the relationships, and removing that PLUS making the molester background makes this whole setup really contradictory. The rest of the reasons for content feels thin, like the punishment system just seems like an excuse to use the spanking scenes from BB.

6) Sigh, basic room navigation, again. This is not a new feature in these games, so there's a lot of work needed to make this more appealing. I hope there are plans to improve it at least with character indicators showing who's in what room, and maybe event indicator to show where to go next instead of having players click every single room at every time interval.

I hope future versions of this won't just be clicking on "Time" until an event happens with no interaction with anything in between. You've set this up like BB but we're back to square 1, so there's a lot of basic work that needs be improved (UI, clarity of functions and events, remove 1 choice actions like "walk away", etc).

This so far is very basic (I'm aware it's a demo) and has loads of work to be done. I hope there's a vision in terms of what you want it to be at the end of the game, feature wise and story wise. I'm still not a fan of the art style (they can look smudged), but there are other more prevalent issues. An empty game with good intuitive UI can make me want to come back for more content updates, a game full of content but a pain to play will just make me want to rip the CG and not play the game.

Lots of work to do with this one, especially when it's staying close to the BB content.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Good for you. But it does make one LOL :ROFLMAO: hard when it turns out that something different than the masses is actually a clone/illegitimate child/something derived from one of the most massively popular games out there in the internet wilderness. I like the cartoon style very much, but I really don't want to play Big Brother again. Just my honest opinion. Good luck anyway.
IIRC, Dark Silver's version (or was it some other clone/ remake?) started off after Eric had been eliminated. That also deprived me of my favorite part of any incest game - the early stages of the relationship. I'm going to play this and see how this dev has handled that.

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
There is no stuff of Dark Silver in my game.
But you use the same names, the same models, the same backgrounds, and mostly the same story... Im not gonna just sit here and trash your game, because im sure you put a lot of work into it, but whey deny the obvious similarities? You could just say its your take on BB, or that its a remake, etc... you even say that in the dev note!

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i like the sarcasm on the description XD

still... probably already say multiples times (i didnt checked)... Unity aint the best choice imho.. but well, we'll see.

good luck ! :)

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
also.. but that's just my own opinion.

i m not very fan of the photoshop work effect :/ it kind of ..."kill" a part of the game imho

monk61

Dec 4, 2017
deep, I recall when you started talking about this venture, I was supportive of you then , and I remain so. I prefer daz renders, but you are certainly a better artist than I, and I look forward to your progress. There is not alot of content yet, so its difficult to get a feel for your character development. If I may make one suggestion, please consider colaborating with a writer. What I have seen so far is painfully bad in terms of english translation. Continuing with this level of dialogue will be extremely detrimental to your stories development. I realize your just getting your feet wet in terms of game development, and I am truely supportive of your talents and abilities, and look forward to seeing more

kimjongew

Nov 25, 2017
Maybe I'm just cynical, but I can't help but imagine how this isn't going to become an attempt to capitalize on someone else's success and then abandon ship when they get enough money from it.

That being said, I also can't imagine how the original garnered such a following with the content it had.

Good luck to the creator though if his intentions are as he says.

Reactions: Fragmandk

symbiot3

Feb 11, 2019
I really really dont like the cartoon look on this. It looks like you put an instagram filter on BB. I do like that you are trying to complete this though.

Nolander

Oct 19, 2018
I decided to release the v.0.1 of "House of Pleasure" as public demo already now. I hope this will arouse more interest for my game. But the next version will be released according to my patron / public plan.

Changes compared to v.0.02:
- More render, of course.
- More basic dialogs included.
- Larger dialog font (maybe too big now?)
- Button to hide/show dialog panel.
- Getting started with mood system.

I will update OP in the course of the day.
I'll give it a go, I'm not much on cartoon-ish games nor BB remakes as of lately however due to the "No Eric" I'm in and if I like it I'll become a patron!

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
oké Big Brother remake No. 74 this time in unity.... well compairing this to the original, graphics suck. way better graphics in original. gameplay: without any clues on what to do, you're screwed. but it's an early build, so much can improve....
However, If youuse the storyline from BB then also use the graphics.... 'cause this is a bit disappointing ....
And unity? stick to ren'py please....
maybe I'll try again ina couple of updates

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes