VN Unity Abandoned House of Pleasure [v0.4.5] [deepandsilent3dx]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

mpror

Feb 4, 2018
Whilst i didnt thoroughly enjoyed BB, there were moment/scenes that i rly liked in that game. unfortantely without a walkthrough and tidious grinding you couldnt get anywhere! I hope @deepandsilent3dx you'll learn from this and either cut the grind out or make it much less and make a hint system of some sort in case its unclear how to progress the game. I would also cut out any luck factors thats required for u getting a particular scene/answer cause that only leads to more tedious grinding and/or events that arent unlocked that in turn can lead to a lot of misunderstanding within your playerbase and ofcourse bugs.

I see you're trying to refrain yourself of saying you're making a BB remake/clone or if you'll make it better or not. I'd say make it better, dont be shy even if this is your first project. Aim high, only lower expactations if needed. Make a better BB, cause altho BB had a lot of good stuff, the bad vastly outweighed the good. U can call it what u want ofcourse its your project, but most people who have played BB will reconize this as a BB clone/remake so why nt just go with it? it might end up giving you more eyes to your project.

I liked the Models, its a bit unfortunate you replaced Ann with a new character (i liked the old mom) but this one isnt bad either. I guess ill start feeling more about her once the relation between her and mc starts to develop.

In any case all the luck to you, i will def be keeping my eye on this one! (y)(y)

deepandsilent3dx

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2018
$30+ ? you have very high hopes.:rolleyes:
honestly with that amount of money i can buy a new complete real game on steam every month:whistle:
My game is available for free. I don't sell games. You can't buy anything from me. Patreon is neither a sales platform nor a crowdfunding platform.

Jun 9, 2017
Not impressed with this so far. Definitely not impressed enough to get through the $30+ paywall to play future versions. Thanks but no thanks.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
$30+ ? you have very high hopes.:rolleyes:
honestly with that amount of money i can buy a new complete real game on steam every month:whistle:
anyway good luck with your game.:giggle:
well honestly agree with you. not in all sens but still... its true that for this amount of money each month, you easily able to actually buy AAA completed games.
that's a pretty big amount of money to pay on a project that earlier. i mean, a 10 or 15 bucks will be more correct imho. i give my opinion to the fact that the game is very early in devlopment, combined with the fact that they are no garantee that it will be completed (we never know). thoses 2 points are a risk futur patrons have to take if they want. sure they are no obligation, but just saying that putting this much , that early with the actual content amount and no garantee is an extremly dangerous risk from the dev.

i honestly rarely see game poping out in early stage of devlopement and asking that amount. most of time its based on 10-15 bucks.
the more higher come later, once the game have a solid base and a solid community and amount of patrons (wich mean money and more "safe" to be completed and not dropped)

but well... its up to the dev. i just give my own opinion, as always.

deepandsilent3dx

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2018
that's a pretty big amount of money to pay on a project that earlier. i mean, a 10 or 15 bucks will be more correct imho.
I also have other reward tiers on Patreon. Not only $30.
Some people cling to something and criticize without seeing the whole situation.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Some people cling to something and criticize without seeing the whole situation.
i know.
but i mean you give the priority for 30, then the others get it with delay and all (like , a full month before public release). the classic system i must say, no problem with that at all.

i just say that it should start lower when its early. because its hard to get high patrons early, most peoples prefer to have a kind of "garantee" that the game is legit devloped ( my way to say that, probably not correct in english lol ) and dev not gonna give up. and it can give a bad view to start that high very early. imho better start low-mid, then do higher when you get good community and solid base.

but its up to you, i not critic your way to do it. i just give my own opinion

May 30, 2017
My game is available for free. I don't sell games. You can't buy anything from me. Patreon is neither a sales platform nor a crowdfunding platform.
You're $1tier definitely sells something though, you pay $1 and get to dl images. Exchanging money for a product is selling something.
You are also selling access to your art through the other tiers. Selling access to something is still selling something. It is a subscription fee, like an MMO or for renting software like Adobe stuff. If someone told you that an MMO or other piece of software with a subscription service was totally free or not selling anything, you would see that as dishonest.
You are also selling access to preview art. You even add intentionally annoying filters to the lower tier patrons. Add that to early access to the game versions as well, which you sell for a subscription fee. If EA games claimed that selling preorder early unlocks or early unlocks for their paid subscription service WASN'T selling something, people would laugh them out of the room.

So yes, you are selling things.

The reward tiers on your patreon are far more expensive and far less rewarding than the majority of other patreon projects. It isn't just your $30 tier. People are obviously going to criticize that. Your exclusivity times are WAY above average and the rewards you provide are somewhat below average. Couple that with the fact that you are a first time "hobby" (your own word) dev - which dramatically increases the risk of slow releases and abandonment, which reduces the value of your tiers - AND that your game is a remake of another game and has far, far less content than the original (and will likely spend the first year+ just remaking old content people have seen), your pricing of tiers seems absolutely ludicrous. That doesn't even take into account that there is currently only a tiny tech demo, and that your english is, by your own admission, poor.

I'm also interested as to whether you received permission to use another authors characters, and whether you will be sharing any of your income with him - like royalties paid in most creative industries.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

deepandsilent3dx

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2018
I'm also interested as to whether you received permission to use another authors characters, and whether you will be sharing any of your income with him - like royalties paid in most creative industries.
What?? :rolleyes: They are DAZ3D characters I purchased, with my own changes. None of these characters were created by DS or other game devs.

Reactions: MrBennett
May 30, 2017
What?? :rolleyes: They are DAZ3D characters I purchased, with my own changes. None of these characters were created by DS or other game devs.
Using the assets is fine - theyre store bought after all, but if the names, characterizations, scenarios, and setting are all largely the same then, yes, it is plagiarism. You literally state you are remaking the big brother game. You are using that as the primary selling point of your product. If this was any other creative industry you would get sued very quickly.

Nope. You don't understand the Patreon pledges and rewards system, like many others.
I literally explained to you how your subscription service fits the definition of sales. Saying Im wrong without backing it up with any reasoning is meaningless and childish.

I am interested in what you think it is called when you exchange a promise of goods and services (that you are legally bound to provide) in exchange for money is called if it isn't a sale.

You also ignored all the points on why your patreon pricing deserves criticism.

Don't be another Darth Smut. You don't have Star Wars to fall back on.

Reactions: flappin

deepandsilent3dx

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2018
I literally explained to you how your subscription service fits the definition of sales. Saying Im wrong without backing it up with any reasoning is meaningless and childish.

I am interested in what you think it is called when you exchange a promise of goods and services (that you are legally bound to provide) in exchange for money is called if it isn't a sale.
Are you sure you understand the meaning of the word "patron" right?

It doesn't mean "buyer", it doesn't mean "subscriber", it doesn't mean "payer" or "client".

It means patron.

Reactions: mpror
Aug 29, 2017
I do like the renders. A shame that they're is no ntr. I understand, this is not your cup of tea but it was a part of the game that you are remaking. Good luck with all the pressure that come with doing this game. At least it draw a lot of attention to your project, whether good or bad.

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes