Unity Horny Dungeon [WIP] [Development Thread]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Burnt Origami

Jun 27, 2022
Thanks for your honesty with the struggles. I appreciate your desire to optimize your workflow early on and understand from experience the struggle of transitioning between platforms/code bases.
Just keep working at a pace that doesn't burn you out and have fun making the game that you want to. When it is ready, we will all enjoy the fruit of your labor! I am patient, especially for promising projects such as this!

damein

Jun 13, 2018
I'm not ruling out that, but the top top priority is to have an official demo for the first Steam Next Fest 2024. The official demo should be a vertical slice, where all systems are ready, just with less characters/monsters/skills/scenes than the final game. In other word, an actual playable game, just very short.

Any feature that might risk me to miss that mark is put on backburner. Obviously adding a new protag is one of them. I can only say it's not something I fundamentally against (perhaps as a DLC or Patreon stretch goal?).
That's all reasonable. Getting the systems functional is obviously the best priority. And it's always better to have a deep pool of mechanics than a lot of stuff spread thin. So many games, especially ones just starting out feel the need to add new mechanic and new girls by the boatload before they even finish the core gameplay.

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
2023-12_Free.jpg

The rigging migration is almost done. I think I've reached to a point where I "get" Houdini (in other words, now I rig/animate most effectively than before with Blender). Hopefully there will soon be new screenshots/recordings to show.

Before that, please check out the pin-up of this month!

(Spicy version on )

unnameable

Dec 31, 2020
I noticed you have a Patreon page. Wouldn't it be better with an alternative like subscribestar? Patreon says they allow "R" rated content, but they decide what that means. I've seen many adult content creators get banned lately.

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
I noticed you have a Patreon page. Wouldn't it be better with an alternative like subscribestar? Patreon says they allow "R" rated content, but they decide what that means. I've seen many adult content creators get banned lately.
I'll take a look... after I make more significant progress on the game itself. At this point the progress is rather 'overpromised, underdelivered' so I don't think it's the best time to launch more monetization pages without delivering something with substance o_O

Reactions: SnoopyFx

Munkir

Aug 9, 2019
I have been looking at this game for awhile mostly due to the post on reddit being informative and not spammed but this moister/juicy effects added recently has made me decide to by the game when it comes out it looks amazing and is one of the things that a lot of others neglect as well as actual gameplay.

I love your priorities is what I'm saying

Reactions: Kodra_Dev

LS47

Oct 5, 2021
A side question: Do you think the name of this game (Horny Dungeon) is a turn off? Or it's fine?
It's fine by itself, but it's a bit generic. It doesn't really tell me what the game is about, whether it's its theme or its gameplay. All it tells is that it's an adult game, and there are dungeons of some kind? Maybe? Hi Fi Rush has the same problem, to name an example, it's cool-looking but doesn't say anything about the gameplay, the setting, or anything.

shinshinone

Sep 13, 2020
A side question: Do you think the name of this game (Horny Dungeon) is a turn off? Or it's fine?
Yeah, it's fine, but it is on the generic side. Maybe (Dungeoneer Divas), since Darkest Dungeon but the entire party are women. Give it some thought, or even some suggestions here or there. Keep up the good work!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote