Unity Horny Dungeon [WIP] [Development Thread]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
Corps being corps smh, porting it to use lua AFAIK brings much modding capabilities, which is good
Unfortunately that'll be quite a lot of work to port it away from Unity, since this is a customized render pipeline based on Unity's SRP. There is no other engine with a similar SRP design. Otherwise I'll start porting today instead of next year.

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Your 3D model looks amazing, that's something you don't see every day!

In regard to Unity's atrocious new pricing change:

The plan to release a demo in Steam Next Fest 2024 doesn't change. However, after I release the demo, I'll probably have to port Horny Dungeon to another engine as Unity has proven to be unreliable. I'll write as much as game logic in Lua from now on to make the process easier later.

In either case, the target schedule of first dome doesn't change. (unless Unity makes another barbaric plan)
Maybe porting it to would be better, in that case? I know porting to means pretty much redoing everything, even if you use their C# version

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
The hard parts of porting:

- Rendering Pipeline
It's using a customized stylized render pipeline. In theory I wrote this so it shouldn't be hard to port... but in most engine, like Godot and Unreal (the most popular 2 besides Unity), customizing rendering pipeline means to compile it from source and modify C++, which I'm not good at writing. Also compiling Unreal takes ages.
- Physics
It's using MagicaCloth2. I didn't write it. Actually I have no idea on how to make a physics engine, but I know it's very hard to write a performant one.

Maybe porting it to would be better, in that case? I know porting to means pretty much redoing everything, even if you use their C# version
Surprisingly Stride has C# level rendering pipeline customization like Unity, so perhaps? But the community of Stride seems quite small and I don't know if I could find a answer if I ran into a question...

Anyway porting isn't a priority atm, except coding in Lua instead of C# whenever possible.

Reactions: papel

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
public-progress_2023-09-21.png For tracking the development progress, I made this progress table.
It's going to be updated weekly, and I vow it'll be brutally honest -- which means if I don't do much in a week it'll just show on the table.

When all the =Must= items are checked, the demo will be released.

EdenGenesis

Jun 6, 2019
Wow!! It looks great! Are you the creator of this game?

Btw, what do you think about the new Patreon rules concerning the R18 content's creators? Did you share your identity with them ?

EdenGenesis

Jun 6, 2019
Yay!

Well, I did. I'm not that much of a privacy guy. I'll probably have been selling nudes online instead of hentai games if I were attractive. (jk)
LOL OnlyFan would have been perfect for you, especially if you're a lady! Are you a woman? I haven't met any women creating Eroge so far... I just know a Japanese woman who's a Doujinshi artist. And I think it's great to see the differences between the way men and women think. It's like reading a Shounen or Shojo manga, they're very different and the point of view differs between male and female (even if that's not always true).

By the way, did you create the 3D character or are they Live2D, Spine2D characters?

Severthe

Aug 17, 2019
View attachment 2944967 For tracking the development progress, I made this progress table.
It's going to be updated weekly, and I vow it'll be brutally honest -- which means if I don't do much in a week it'll just show on the table.

When all the =Must= items are checked, the demo will be released.
Great table! I'm assuming this is Emacs' org-mode? And if so are those progress bars just manually typed out with . and *, or are they a programmed feature?

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
LOL OnlyFan would have been perfect for you, especially if you're a lady! Are you a woman? I haven't met any women creating Eroge so far...
*snip*
Chill dude, I'm not. It was a joke.

By the way, did you create the 3D character or are they Live2D, Spine2D characters?
3D character. Who can afford Spine today, amiright (cries)

Great table! I'm assuming this is Emacs' org-mode? And if so are those progress bars just manually typed out with . and *, or are they a programmed feature?
Just manually typed. Perhaps there is such a feature, but I'm not aware of it. I mean it's emacs... there must be a key combination to cure cancer and make the world peace.

Severthe

Aug 17, 2019
Just manually typed. Perhaps there is such a feature, but I'm not aware of it. I mean it's emacs... there must be a key combination to cure cancer and make the world peace.
Ah ok. I had never heard of such a feature, so I either thought I'd somehow missed it, or maybe it was some custom addition you had coded yourself. But even though it's manual I still like it, and the use of markup for font highlighting. Gives me some ideas for tracking my own projects. Cheers!

EdenGenesis

Jun 6, 2019
Chill dude, I'm not. It was a joke.

3D character. Who can afford Spine today, amiright (cries)

I personally use ArticyDraft 2 for the game's plot and lore and I use Spriter Pro for the design... I'm not very good at 3D so I tried to find an alternative to Live2D. Spriter Pro is certainly the best software for this and it's much cheaper than Spine2D.

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
public-progress_2023-10-05.png

I thought I can go with screenshots only, but it turns out for Steam Next Fest a trailer is mandatory.
So I have to add trailer into this table. I'll launch a trailer-less Steam page next week and add a trailer later.

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
public-progress_2023-10-12.png

The Steam store page is done and submitted, but Steam is still reviewing it, so I haven't marked it *Completed*.

Also, while the store page is done, for NSFW games, Steam usually requires an internal demo build (which is not done) to publish the store page. So it's not guaranteed the store page will be up soon.

Last edited:

ripemango

Dec 3, 2018
Fantastic work. It's already looking ahead to be a very polished game. Very exciting! Would be awesome to join a community Discord dedicated to this game.

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
Fantastic work. It's already looking ahead to be a very polished game. Very exciting! Would be awesome to join a community Discord dedicated to this game.
There will be a Discord server for sure. I just think it's better to wait until the demo is almost ready. I really don't have time to moderate a server at this point.

Reactions: ripemango
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote