Unity Horny Dungeon [WIP] [Development Thread]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022

banner.png

Horny Dungeon is a roguelite game where you form a team of beautiful heroines and conquer all the dungeons.
You'll find relics, life-saving potions and legendary weapons.
However, at the end of day, the true treasure is the relationships you establish on your journey.
And of course, they're not platonic.

Intro

Hello, I'm working on a NSFW roguelite game, Horny Dungeon. The big picture is simple: you form a party, get into the dungeon, beat the shit out of monsters, and collect loots. Then you use the loots to upgrade your party members, and therefore have access to higher level dungeons.

Of course, most members in your party are pretty ladies. Not only there are sex scenes with them, their moods, fetishes and relationships with you also affect the gameplay.

It's still at a very early stage of development, so please read what I posted here as a rough roadmap, instead of a finalized project plan.

Playable Characters

Here are some character design sheets I've made so far:

Iris_v1.png
Claudia_v2.png
Seraphina.png

There will be more coming. I plan to have about 7~10 female characters in the final product, but obviously that's going to take quite a while (read: years) to make. In the first demo version I'm going to focus on Iris.

Gameplay

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Genres

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Schedule

I aim to have a playable demo at the beginning of 2023. If everything goes well, the demo should include at least two playable characters (MC and Iris), a procedurally generated dungeon map, 5 types of monsters, 8 trinkets, and 1 mini-boss fight.

Oh, and most importantly, 2 sex scenes (probably one with Iris, one with an NPC).

Support This Game

If you'd like to support the development of Horny Dungeon, please follow or subscribe me on:
  • Steam:
  • Patreon:
  • Twitter:
Thank you very much!

Preview

↓ See attachments below! ↓

Last edited:

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
Dungeon-Main_v3.png Dungeon_Main_Combat_v.png

Dungeon-Main_Skill-Reward_v1.png Dungeon_Main_Event_v1.png

More UI mockups!

(Placeholder assets by Matt Firth (cheekyinkling), Craftpix.net, and Robert Pinero)

Last edited:

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
Stats-Screen-Skills_v1.png Stats-Screen-Personal_v1.png

Stats-Screen-Quests_v1.png Stats-Screen-Log_v1.png

More UI mockups for stats management.

(Placeholder assets by Matt Firth (cheekyinkling), Craftpix.net, and Robert Pinero)

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
2023 you say ? Looking forward to it. I personally dont mind if the game would be more harder then simplier.

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
I've made the dungeon generation algorithm!
They're not too sexy, but it's a significant step from ideas and concepts to an actual working game.

Map size: normal
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

Map size: big
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Map size: small
ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif

Map size: normal, Map shape: vertical
ezgif.com-gif-maker (3).gif

Reactions: TheExordick

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
Sorry for not updating here for so long. Here is a bit of actual in-game footage of Iris:

View attachment 20230312-Simple-Tachie.mp4

I know it's a little questionable why it took me so long to make it. That's because it's actually 3D:

1678630987444.png

And it has a crazy amount of bones:

Screenshot 2023-03-12 222514.png

It's tedious to get it right, especially since I want it to look a bit like 2D in-game.

Why did I take such a long and complicated approach? Could I not have used 2D instead?

I want this game to have plenty of animation. While there's nothing wrong with the classic 'text and static images' style of visual novels, it doesn't align with my vision for Horny Dungeon. I want vivid, lively characters that feel real on screen. To be honest, I'm not the best writer out there; using animation might be my best chance to bring these characters to life.

After exploring frame-by-frame, spine/live2d, and 3D approaches for animation, I determined that while it requires a complex setup initially, using 3D will ultimately save me more time.

And here I am, with a rigged model of Iris that has 300+ bones, and a customized render pipeline in Unity. Sorry for being slow up until this point; now that I have the 3D workflow figured out, I hope to produce more content soon.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020
Very impressive on how you manage to get a 2d-look in a 3d-model! I agree with the decision to use a 3D character for animations, as in the long run (especially if you are planning to add tons of animations) this will greatly improve your workflow.

Keep up the good work!

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
Very impressive on how you manage to get a 2d-look in a 3d-model! I agree with the decision to use a 3D character for animations, as in the long run (especially if you are planning to add tons of animations) this will greatly improve your workflow.

Keep up the good work!
So you were working on the fundamentals that you will build upon? It looks very impressive.
Thank you very much! I'll keep going.

A little bit preview of Iris' facial expressions:
20230312-Facial-Expressions.png

TheExordick

Sep 25, 2021
Very interesting project. Looking forward to try it.

i thought it was a 2D game from the first posts, it surprised me to see a rigged model and 3d ingame. Very nice! keep up the good work.

Aug 8, 2020
That's a great UI. Simple, easy to understand, and filled with most information you want to see. I always do enjoy clean interfaces, makes the game more easier to understand.

Reactions: Leylight

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Looks very good game mechanic wise. Alone because of that I gonna check it out. Kinda confused that its like Darkest Dungeon but also Loop Hero. Nice that it has Harem (y) and also focused on story

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote