Hongfire gone?

jovian91

Nov 17, 2019
This really sucks. It seems that some translation patches have been lost, potentially forever.

I was looking for some KISS game translations, and while I could find the patch download links courtesy of wayback machine, the links themselves were dead. I couldn't find the files hosted anywhere else online either.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
i think the forum/domain finaly expired. some bullshit buzzfeedy video list greats me when i open the uri

mastershoka

Dec 21, 2019
yea,my first site from AG3 to Premium Play Darkness after that i had a rest of 2 years but when i came back.i thought i got banned or maybe due to excessive usage i couldn't access the site or some cause of my ISP to block H-sites but now after seeing this forum....i think i lost my Fav site linked to japanese games:( but glad i got all of my AG3 mods.Just curious to recover my Play Club and PPD mods.Can anyone here suggest a site from where i can download stuffs related to Play Club and PPD?thanks alot.

Gaijin100

Jan 13, 2018
Yeh i joined there when i first played rapelay ( first extreme hardcore game ) but stayed mainly for the AG3 mods. im so glad i kept everything i downloaded from there on my HDD lol. my only problem is some of those games were a bitch to install and need instructions on how to do it lol.

i knew the site started to get REALLLLLY slow back in 2015, but i would of thought if the admins knew it was going to die, they would of done a huge backup.

Reactions: ZoneTan20

blulaz

Nov 23, 2017
kinda late to the party but does anyone have any backups for the old illusion games translations? you might find the games somewhere else but i cant seem to find the translation anywhere. hf was part of my youth, its pretty sad to see its gone for good. sure the site has been barely alive in the past 2 years, but sometimes it still works and you can get something you want from there

niceXnips

Dec 7, 2017
Rip to the 12 year old thread about Torus game (Otome Function) thats likely never gonna release. I still have Toru's blog, but it's been almost a year since he's updated it.

Reactions: bobshappy

Sonicfanx1

Jun 16, 2017
This is very unfortunate. Hongfire is the first real forum I lurked. Got a lot of good stuff from there. Found a lot of good stuff on there. There's a piece of history lost. HF-Patches are extremely iconic (imo). It really sucks that we're losing them and a godly community.

I'm sure those people still exist, and that patches can still be made, but not having such a huge hub really disorganizes things. I hope another website takes hongfire's place soon.

Last edited:

niceXnips

Dec 7, 2017
I'm kinda hoping that the hf people come to f95 as it's similar if not identical in concept, without a focus on J games.

Oct 15, 2018
I was just going back honey select last day and then I heard about HF website down , I was like : " SHJT WTF, A HUGE KNOWLEADGE OF HUMANITY JUST DISAPPEAR ? IMPOSSIBLE ".

apple_jacks

Nov 18, 2017
This absolute bs and the government ran Internet archive ofcourse doesn't keep/show half the links. I just lost my favorite game Rai7PUK english translation to this... RIP.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
This absolute bs and the government ran Internet archive ofcourse doesn't keep/show half the links. I just lost my favorite game Rai7PUK english translation to this... RIP.
Funny you should mention that game. A few months back I went spelunking through the corpse that is Hongfire using wayback machine and I was able to grab a few working links for some games and preserve them. RAI7 was one of them. They one I got was sort of translated in english but most of it required a hooking software to play. The version I got setup was modded with a bunch of anime stuff in it, however I do think I managed to grab the old outdated copy of the English translation for the base RAI7PUK. it takes some work but if you are internet savy you can find the links for alot of stuff.

unfortunately I don't have the time nor the patience to go and "raid" the remains again.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Wow, I had let that place fall off my radar a few years ago when the troubles started, it came back as I was looking for something else and thought I would check it out. Too bad, too sad. Lots of great memories for early Illusion games there and lots of other things when Japanese games weren't as prevalent as they are now.

At least we still have ULMF and F95.

IlIKEASD

May 8, 2019
Guys i need the backups of
Itazura kateikyōshi

and

Itazura kyōaku

dude serioulsy those games were fine af but there is no other website where u can find the translation they did back in the days, only in hongfire, and all is lost , hopefully someone have a backup or something

both are from REAL company please guys i really want to play them

niceXnips

Dec 7, 2017
Guys i need the backups of
Itazura kateikyōshi

and

Itazura kyōaku

dude serioulsy those games were fine af but there is no other website where u can find the translation they did back in the days, only in hongfire, and all is lost , hopefully someone have a backup or something

both are from REAL company please guys i really want to play them
You might find some here, you might also find help by posting in Game Request thread.

Reactions: IlIKEASD