Hongfire gone?

Magdragon

Aug 5, 2016
Just a guess, but i guess the bots overran the site and took it down. Honestly not suprised Hongfire has been slowly dieing over the years.

fffffffffffk

Sep 1, 2019
A massive vbulletin exploit was released to the public a couple of days ago, so they probably fell victim to that.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
A massive vbulletin exploit was released to the public a couple of days ago, so they probably fell victim to that.
If it's effectively the case, we should be glad that it was used by a kid who just redirected to another site. He could have used the exploit to intercept all the request to locally hosted files and mess with a lot of computers this way.

mpcomp

Jan 25, 2018
Greetings

Just returned to get some information.. and once again the site or forums is down ... but unlike the beginning of 2019 where it was just 404ed it eventually recovered ... any ideas if all the hongfire forum will return/recover back from this latest mess or not?

Peace

Reactions: DigitalDomino

mpcomp

Jan 25, 2018
I really hope they come back:cry:
Hope ...... is something earned by those that dare to confront each of the single horrors present within the domain of the pandora box ... and either endure it or suffer through it ... an act only perform by either the most naive or the most foolish (naturally handicapped individuals) or stubborn idiots .

Only winners think and prevail and conquer and subdue their challenges and dominate .

Which side are you on ???

Lets get back to archiving what we desire and leave the storms behind us shall we ...

b4dcrc

Jul 26, 2017
i was literally only following one thread in there Mu softs new game since i think 2009 or so, the guy that made "Hizashi no Naka no Riaru" and now i will never know if that game ever gets released xD

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Check the status with this
Sorry to say this on your first post ever here, but if you read the previous comment (because you always need to have an understanding of the context), you'll see that it's not a problem of status.
Hongfire now redirect to another site, therefore will always appear to be online, whatever tool you'll use to check its status.

avitus83

Aug 9, 2016
A bit sad for me. While I had hardly used the site over the last decade, I first registered there in 2004

Reactions: krakr

Crossett

Sep 23, 2017
Fuck, that's a shame. RIP
I know it's been crap for a while, but the memories. Was one of the first sites I actively talked about hentai on. I still remember going there to dig up Sexy Beach 3 mods after spending a week downloading the game with a 56kb modem. That and discussing millenium war aigis strategy, back when that was still on nut*ku (huh, didnt realise that was censored).

Last edited:

HentaiProdigy

Aug 11, 2017
Yeah, Hongfire has been my go to forum for Illusion games and other 3D games like Custom Maid et.c. for way over a decade. In fact, I found out about this just now when I was going there to download that gigantic repack of Honey Select. Gonna miss the modding scene and the HF patches and shit. Hopefully it'll live on through anime-sharing or something. With a bit of luck, it's not gone forever, but it having been gone for a week and a half doesn't bode well.

mpcomp

Jan 25, 2018
So is it time to add it along side the original kickass torrent , extratorrent , oron.com , megaupload.com, theisozone obituary or is the site just placed under a isolation confinement by dark web cyber terrorists and not visible to the general public anymore?!!!