Anon-e-Mouse

Oct 3, 2017
Anyone else getting a weird error in the Butt Contest? Sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it declares someone a winner who I never voted for! Seems to happen in the first round in group A, usually... I just had Heather, Yvette, and Jessica and never chose Jessica, but she was the winner of Group A! Same thing happened at the previous week's contest, but it was extra frustrating because I chose Brenda both times and she wasn't even runner-up for Group A. That's the only flaw I've found since add-on 2, but it's a strange one. Anyone else reported this, @darkhound1 ?

BTW - Great game! Wish I'd discovered it sooner! Keep up the good work, darkhound1!

EDIT: It just did it in Group B, too. I had Ivy, Amy, and Brenda, and chose Brenda over Ivy, Amy over Ivy, and Brenda over Amy, and it declared Brenda the winner and Ivy 2nd... strange...
EDIT 2: I just replayed group B, and no matter who I choose, the winner is Brenda and 2nd is Ivy. It's already determined the winner, regardless of player choice. Choice seems to matter in the final, but not in the first round, for some reason. I don't get it.

titmanassguy

Jan 18, 2018
Is Amy's sling/special bikini the same one as her 3rd bikini, or is that something that was added. I never saw it in my store, so just assumed cause I already had her 3rd bikini before it was added to the store I couldn't buy it. Is that the case or am I missing it?

Anon-e-Mouse

Oct 3, 2017
Is Amy's sling/special bikini the same one as her 3rd bikini, or is that something that was added. I never saw it in my store, so just assumed cause I already had her 3rd bikini before it was added to the store I couldn't buy it. Is that the case or am I missing it?
She has her regular bathing suit, regular bikini, tiny bikini, and the sling bikini. You need to know her measurements and weight for the sling to show up in the store app.

Reactions: rattler2027

titmanassguy

Jan 18, 2018
She has her regular bathing suit, regular bikini, tiny bikini, and the sling bikini. You need to know her measurements and weight for the sling to show up in the store app.
I have all of that, have had it for a long time, the sling bikini has never showed up in the store for me. Not the biggest deal really. Also I still can't ask girls certain questions. Like I can't ask Yvette about herself. I tested the Yvette thing by starting a new game and that worked, but n ver tested the bikini thing

Thjis

May 19, 2017
I don't know that any of the girls are "finished" at this stage of game development (I hope not), but here are the girls organized by content.

Tier 1: Amy, Alice, & Yvette
Tier 2: Faye, Jessica, & Ivy
Tier 3: Aly & Heather

As for the rest of the girls...

Desire doesn't have much content, but she does have a sex scene.
Brenda & Eva have a couple of scenes but no sex content.

Elizia, Lacey, & Renee have basically nothing outside of their arrival scenes and poker games.

Also. I have seen a few people in this thread talking about problems with "missing" content because multiple dates get scheduled at the same time (usually an Amy dinner conflicting with Yvette's or Alice's "reward" appointments). As far as I can tell, it is currently impossible to lock yourself out of content at this stage of the game build. The "reward" appointments for Alice & Yvette's strength training are also unlocked by voting them the winner of the weekly Butt Contest. So, if you do miss a reward session with one of the girls, just wait until next week's Butt Contest.

you are correct, I ment the most content.

Reactions: Wooder

titmanassguy

Jan 18, 2018
I also failed to achieve launch the first time I triggered the Ivy Breast Bump scene. There is a bug with the current build of the game (darkhound1 is aware and has mentioned it on his Patreon as a fix for the next build). Basically, what happens is that in some cases, you can't get an erection if you are already at 100 lust. For the Ivy Breast Bump scene to complete correctly, she has to be in the skimpy bikini, you have to be under the effects of the blue pill, and you have to be at high lust, but not max. You need "room" on your lust bar for the increase granted by the scene to trigger an erection. If you get the scene to trigger (the "MC walking down the hallway" pic), save your game immediately. If the scene doesn't play out properly, reload and use the console to set your lust at different levels. I am almost 100% sure that setting my lust at 90 for the beginning of the scene achieved the desired results. Open console with "shift+o", type "player.lust=90", and hit esc.

This bug could theoretically affect any scene that checks the player for erection status. I know that it also affects the Jennifer modeling scene - if you are at 100 lust when you meet with her, you won't be able to trigger an erection.
Finally got it to work using what you suggested thanks. Now I have every thing that's on the phone. Stil can't gte Amy's bikini and ask some girsl some questions though, but that's not the biggest deal. Hopefully next update fizes all that

bartleby

Jun 11, 2017
Finally got it to work using what you suggested thanks. Now I have every thing that's on the phone. Stil can't gte Amy's bikini and ask some girsl some questions though, but that's not the biggest deal. Hopefully next update fizes all that
Did you ask her if she needs anything? It's a dialogue option on her second menu (the one where you ask their height, weight, ect.). I didn't get the option to buy the sling until I asked her, and she told me that she wanted one.

For the record, the sling looks hot as hell, but I had her remove it after a short time because she doesn't have any available scenes with it except the sun tan lotion. I personally prefer her in the skimpy bikini (her weight lifting with extras scene is one of my very favorites).

ValterOlivei

Sep 20, 2017
I remember that when I first played this game, I got stuck in some parts. Can I play it without a walkthrough or better or try again?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I remember that when I first played this game, I got stuck in some parts. Can I play it without a walkthrough or better or try again?
There isn't an 'Official' walkthrough, but your phone is your best friend. The bottom left app (looks like a circle of people) will bring up all the girls, their available scenes, appointments and events. Mouse over the blank placeholders for hints on what is available. i.e Arrives on Island, Breast Bump, Shower Scene, etc.

That way you'll have an idea of what to try and achieve as well as the girls with the most content. Now the fun, IMO, is to try and achieve everything. To do that try different things, explore, talk with the girls, interact and so on. Some things are wardrobe dependent, meaning the girls have to be in the right outfit. Try them all. Sometimes they have to be alone in a setting. You'll figure it out. You can go the grind or cheat code route depending on your preference.

Refer to your phone and save often!

ValterOlivei

Sep 20, 2017
There isn't an 'Official' walkthrough, but your phone is your best friend. The bottom left app (looks like a circle of people) will bring up all the girls, their available scenes, appointments and events. Mouse over the blank placeholders for hints on what is available. i.e Arrives on Island, Breast Bump, Shower Scene, etc.

That way you'll have an idea of what to try and achieve as well as the girls with the most content. Now the fun, IMO, is to try and achieve everything. To do that try different things, explore, talk with the girls, interact and so on. Some things are wardrobe dependent, meaning the girls have to be in the right outfit. Try them all. Sometimes they have to be alone in a setting. You'll figure it out. You can go the grind or cheat code route depending on your preference.

Refer to your phone and save often!
Thanks dude. I will try again.

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
can someone tell me what the Cheats were?
name.affection and name_affection don't work.
I remember it had to be linked to the player like name.char0(player).affection or something like that but i don't remember the exact command.

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
can someone tell me what the Cheats were?
name.affection and name_affection don't work.
I remember it had to be linked to the player like name.char0(player).affection or something like that but i don't remember the exact command.
Code:
name.rsm[0].affection = 100

Reactions: fzdc

titmanassguy

Jan 18, 2018
Did you ask her if she needs anything? It's a dialogue option on her second menu (the one where you ask their height, weight, ect.). I didn't get the option to buy the sling until I asked her, and she told me that she wanted one.

For the record, the sling looks hot as hell, but I had her remove it after a short time because she doesn't have any available scenes with it except the sun tan lotion. I personally prefer her in the skimpy bikini (her weight lifting with extras scene is one of my very favorites).
Not sure why I never tried that. That was obviously why I couldn't get it. Still can't ask certain girls certain questions, only one I know off the top of my head is I can't ask Yvette about herself, but that's no big deal really. Probably will lay off the game till the next uodate, but I might try sending her home and bringing her back and see if that works

J_M

Oct 8, 2017
This is the second error that happened but I ignored the first one and chosen a different path. This one I decided to post it here:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1101, in script call
File "game/loc_nightbar.rpy", line 988, in script
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/loc_nightbar.rpy, line 988)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-008bugfix2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-008bugfix2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 487, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-008bugfix2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 147, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-008bugfix2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 761, in run_context
context.run()
File "D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-008bugfix2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-008bugfix2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1748, in py_eval
code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
File "D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-008bugfix2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 584, in py_compile
raise e

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Holiday Island 0.0.8alpha_bf2

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
This is the second error that happened but I ignored the first one and chosen a different path. This one I decided to post it here:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-008bugfix2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-008bugfix2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 487, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-008bugfix2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 147, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-008bugfix2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 761, in run_context
context.run()
File "D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-008bugfix2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-008bugfix2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1748, in py_eval
code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
File "D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-008bugfix2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 584, in py_compile
raise e

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Holiday Island 0.0.8alpha_bf2
You haven't updated with addon2

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Looks like you might still be running 0.08alpha_bf2. That is Bugfix 2, which has some known issues like in a couple scenes in the bar. Start the game and if it doesn't say Holiday Island Addon2 in the upper right corner you need to download Addon 2 and follow the instructions to install it correctly.

Reactions: Angus Bez
4.00 star(s) 210 Votes