• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Onhold Holiday Island Companion Add-On Mod by NiceErotica

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

lexhen

Jan 18, 2018
Is there any workable cheats for the game atm?
I ask because i tried both the mod and the anon workaround and stillgetting errors with them

Chef420

Jun 2, 2017
I think as of right now the console commands are your best bet:

Kinda sucks but the games too buggy with this mod version installed

Forgrim

Jul 19, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think this mod is no longer maintained in this form.
The companion part with the hints will be integrated into the next main version of the game and the cheat part will be downloadable separately on darkhound's patron if I understood this post correctly:

May 25, 2017
This is from his patreon site
"

Hi everyone,

It's been already several days since the HI 0.1.7.x release. The reason why I haven't released the new companion version is very simple: I haven't had any single minute for sitting down and work on it for the last weeks.

Unfortunately, this situation will probably continue for at least few weeks more. So, I'm stopping the patreon campaign right now. I asume you patreons have already been charged for july, but you won't for august.

Likewise I hope to find some time to release a companion version during august anyway. Depending on how the summer goes and Darkhound's schedule I will publish for 0.1.7.x or maybe I will even wait for the 0.1.8.x.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
wilson
Hi everyone,

It's been already several days since the HI 0.1.7.x release. The reason why I haven't released the new companion version is very simple: I haven't had any single minute for sitting down and work on it for the last weeks.

Unfortunately, this situation will probably continue for at least few weeks more. So, I'm stopping the patreon campaign right now. I asume you patreons have already been charged for july, but you won't for august.

Likewise I hope to find some time to release a companion version during august anyway. Depending on how the summer goes and Darkhound's schedule I will publish for 0.1.7.x or maybe I will even wait for the 0.1.8.x.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
wilson

xULTRONx

Apr 7, 2018
Had no idea how good I had it until trying to play this game again without the mod, feels damn near unplayable now.

Reactions: nhalvis
Jul 22, 2019
I was enjoying this game (and thank you for the Mod). I changed my screen preference (full screen) in the game and now the game locks up every time I open it. I've even deleted the entire game directory, reinstalled, and it still lock up on the title screen. I've been able to get into the Start screen and start a new game, but the furthest I've been able to get is the airplane scene and then it locks up again. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestion for a fix? It's not related to the mod, the game worked fine for a week with the mod. Thanks!

jayscar

Nov 7, 2019
I was enjoying this game (and thank you for the Mod). I changed my screen preference (full screen) in the game and now the game locks up every time I open it. I've even deleted the entire game directory, reinstalled, and it still lock up on the title screen. I've been able to get into the Start screen and start a new game, but the furthest I've been able to get is the airplane scene and then it locks up again. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestion for a fix? It's not related to the mod, the game worked fine for a week with the mod. Thanks!
Same

iamvqb

Nov 7, 2016
God damn it, when the game got updated the mod is put on hold. U cant play it without the mod -_-

sinfulsindy

Jun 14, 2019
Same issue as above. Can't use full screen anymore as it will autosize back down. Great mod, just needs to be updated for the new update.

Brutos#174

Oct 29, 2017
Any idea when it will be updated ?

Companion mod -> integrated hint system (0.1.10 preview)

Hello everyone!
After a discussion with Wilson, the creator of the companion mod for Holiday Island, it is now clear that the mod will not be continued the same way as before.
For those of you having used it, you probably have alreadly noticed that the mod has not been updated for some time now.
The reason is that it was never meant to be an ongoing project that has to be updated with every new version of Holiday Island.

In the end, what does it mean for the future of the companion mod?

Parts of the mod will be integrated into the Holiday Island game. Wilson offered to help when his time permits it. This is the part with the hints and tips on the achievements.
In the above screen, you can see how it will look like.
Basically you get the information about trigger(s) and requirements directly on the phone in the future, instead from the mod.
Since not everyone wants these spoilers, you can decide with the button "show/hide hints" if you want to see this information or not.
Please be aware that not all achievements can be updated with this information in the next version. Some scenes probably won't get the additional information at all (scenes like basic weight lifting, etc.), because it's not necessary.
None of the cheat functions will be integrated into the main Holiday Island game. But a version of the the companion mod, that only has the cheating parts will be provided on my Holiday Island patreon page. So if you want it, you can download it and add it for yourself. Android versions of Holiday Island will have the companion mod included.
The cheat functions won't have to be updated very often (if at all). If they have to be updated due to some major game changes, updates will be released on the main Holiday ISland patreon page.

A big thank you to Wilson for all the work he put into the companion mod. From myself and I think I can also speak for the community in this.
To everyone - I hope you enjoy the game and all the new changes,
Darkhound

more info. >>

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018

Companion mod -> integrated hint system (0.1.10 preview)

Hello everyone!
After a discussion with Wilson, the creator of the companion mod for Holiday Island, it is now clear that the mod will not be continued the same way as before.
For those of you having used it, you probably have alreadly noticed that the mod has not been updated for some time now.
The reason is that it was never meant to be an ongoing project that has to be updated with every new version of Holiday Island.

In the end, what does it mean for the future of the companion mod?

Parts of the mod will be integrated into the Holiday Island game. Wilson offered to help when his time permits it. This is the part with the hints and tips on the achievements.
In the above screen, you can see how it will look like.
Basically you get the information about trigger(s) and requirements directly on the phone in the future, instead from the mod.
Since not everyone wants these spoilers, you can decide with the button "show/hide hints" if you want to see this information or not.
Please be aware that not all achievements can be updated with this information in the next version. Some scenes probably won't get the additional information at all (scenes like basic weight lifting, etc.), because it's not necessary.
None of the cheat functions will be integrated into the main Holiday Island game. But a version of the the companion mod, that only has the cheating parts will be provided on my Holiday Island patreon page. So if you want it, you can download it and add it for yourself. Android versions of Holiday Island will have the companion mod included.
The cheat functions won't have to be updated very often (if at all). If they have to be updated due to some major game changes, updates will be released on the main Holiday ISland patreon page.

A big thank you to Wilson for all the work he put into the companion mod. From myself and I think I can also speak for the community in this.
To everyone - I hope you enjoy the game and all the new changes,
Darkhound

more info. >>
Thats nice to hear
But will the cheat Mod be available to everyone or only patreons

Reactions: libertypics
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes