VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
@V3X As long as Rose makes and appearance and continues bullying MC this is going to continue being fantastic :RarePepe:

icecoldRenders

Feb 2, 2018
I am glad you opened a patreon page, may you become prosperous. And also I'm grateful you didn't give up on your story just re-create it without the controversial content.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Actually this seems to be influenced by the original story, not a recreation. It is more down-to-earth in story (no big ogranizations of superhumans with nice costumes and bat-caves) as well as in content.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Actually this seems to be influenced by the original story, not a recreation. It is more down-to-earth in story (no big ogranizations of superhumans with nice costumes and bat-caves) as well as in content.
Except with secret organizations with superhumans and magic mindbreak horny drugs

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Oh come on, Rose is a mobster with superhuman powers, also having (at least one) enforcer with superhuman powers and a barman without any such abilities. Her organization is not exactly secret; they secretly have members with superhuman powers. This is very different from using a model agency as a front and having a batcave.
I.e. Rose's organization is a criminal organization with superpowers, not a secret organization about superhumans. Same with Marcus' organization from what I can see.
This story as far as I can tell so far is more about two rival gangs playing tug, Rose with her superpowers, Marcus with his mindbreak horny drugs.

Andrew Rider

Jun 23, 2017
What a great day for the world of erotic VN's (and storytelling in general)...VengeanceXXX is back !!! I am so, so glad that you are in a happier place now, and even more pleased that you are creating again. Ethan's Legacy really introduced me to the genre, gave me enormous pleasure and remains my favourite VN to date. I am saddened that you feel no pride in what you achieved, and, of course, the negative effect it had on you, but it sounds like you have overcome the worst now. Can I just say, for what it's worth, that because of what you created in Ethan's Legacy my own life has been improved. So heartfelt thanks from me!

Anyway, I have just played Dancer And A Lustrous Stage and His Legacy and enjoyed every moment of them both (of course there were moments of the latter that I also simultaneously hated, but there always are). So good to see Karen (always my favourite), Sonic and Violet back as beautiful as ever, if not more so (in fact significantly more so in Sonic's case). The storytelling is just as gripping and immersive as I would expect from @V3X and the worldbuilding as dark, nuanced and complex as ever. So all round fantastic little games.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sorry to go on so much but I get very invested in a story as good and immersive as this, so I will end with a few comments.

There have been a few hints that Maria may have engaged in prostitution (Dexter's joke that Ethan would have to pay if he'd been deep inside her, kissing being prohibited [very common with prostitutes], her fame with amorous ways to put it politely etc.). If this is the case then bear in mind that many players do not like to see their potential love interest having sex with other people, and I am definitely one of them. I would much rather hear about it than see it. The preview you posted of Maria being intimate with an unknown girl gives me qualms in this regard (and I remember from Ethan's Legacy a lengthy scene where Sonic fucks a man for information - I knew this kind of thing went on with all the girls but as soon as I saw it Sonic dropped to the bottom of my likes list).

Also Ethan's passivity and acceptance of things is not my preferred style (this is a criticism that also applied to Ethan's Legacy, at least until the brief but spectacular appearance of Super Ethan). For example, when Dexter throws him to the Mafia wolves (and I fully understand why he did that ) Ethan just forgives him instantly whereas I would never be able to trust him as a friend again (well I suppose he does have a crappy track record when it comes to judging friends).

There are so many questions needing answers in this story that I am severely psyched for the next update: what is the connection between Adam and Marcus ?; why, Madison, why ? (I mean there must have been some compelling reason but...what a bitch); Karen's husband; will Gina see Ethan regularly or be sent away (for her own protection); more superpowers ?; has Rose been told to recruit Ethan in order to discredit him as a gangster ?; what will become of poor Heather ? etc. etc. And most importantly will I get some of that super sexy Sonic loving ?

I hope I haven't come across as too negative (I tend to focus on things I don't like) but let me stress that I am with this gripping story to the end (even if you have Ethan marry Rose, Maria throw an orgy at Club High, turn Ethan into a murdering heroin dealer and kill off Gina).

The gaming world is a brighter, and yet darker, place for the return of @V3X !

Reactions: Valeck

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I don't know anything about this game or its Dev, but that butt in the banner compelled me to check this one out, like... "Look at me. I'm in this Visual Novel! You wanna see me don't you? Have to come in and find me!". Such a tease this butt is!

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I don't know anything about this game or its Dev, but that butt in the banner compelled me to check this one out, like... "Look at me. I'm in this Visual Novel! You wanna see me don't you? Have to come in and find me!". Such a thease this butt is!
But beware, it`s a visual NOVEL, no choises at all, for now at least. But I like it !!

Reactions: DonV

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Blaz has a point for once. At least it's not on tyranno or something weird like the first game. If the dev can get away from zoomed in foreheads and lightnovel style writing it could be okay. Renders have improved somewhat cept that poor mother, she looks just as tired and sad as ever.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I usually don't bother to make the distinction, considering that this place only have VN prefix. But since this is all nitpicking anyway.. Kinetic Novels are a sub-type of Visual Novels. So calling them Visual Novels is correct. You know, the insect <-> beetle thingy. Every insect is infact a beetle but not all beetles are insects. Every KN is a Visual Novel.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Haven't played episode 2 yet, so I comment based on the 0-1st episodes.
The storytelling is just as gripping and immersive as I would expect from @V3X and the worldbuilding as dark, nuanced and complex as ever. So all round fantastic little games.
While I agree quite much with what you said, I find the story and the setting better this time around! More complex and meaningful, including the "lesser evil" Rose. Also, I like that incest was removed frankly. It makes more sense in the story, as far as I am concerned.
PS. I think she's clearly deranged. As in, she is not 100% functional deranged. And yes, I agree that forcing the MC to strip and grabbing his genitals under the implied threat of going after his loved ones was sexual assault.

About the "Accomplice to three murders a week after saving Sonic" part, yes I find it a bit of stretch.
However, despite my misgivings about how coldly the MC reacted, something he notices himself, I actually love how we get to see what being a "Super" was like for Sonic, Violet, Ghost, Clara etc in the previous game. This must be what it was like.
HOWEVER: As being the "lesser of two evils"... I am not that sure. Did you notice how the MC noticed how detached and cold he became? That could be Rose's superpower. Marcus may have the "horny obedience" drug but Rose may have a similar thing.
As such, I am not sure Rose is any better.

As for V3X improving our opinion of her... I don't think so. The "Part of the deathsquad idolizing their Leader thinking him a good person" you gave is a good analogy.
I like Rose cause she's pretty and interesting, but she's clearly a cold blooded murderer. And V3X didn't pull any punches on that. Everything we've seen so far (as of Ep1 that is) of Rose is that she is a murderer, aggressive and a bully. We have not seen a single good quality aside of her nice body.
And she may have used mental influence to mindfuck the MC.

Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
Nice second episode.
I like the pace of the story and the atmosphere of it.
The music is good and not over present.
Add really good renders and good characters to that.
Nice work.

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes