Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
This is very handy, possibly the most useful thing is simply telling us when a girl is finished. I don't know why that isn't in the base game.

One thing though, the new fonts kind of breaks the UI a bit:
Screenshot from 2019-06-21 02-16-54.png
The numbers for day and cash don't fit in the UI anymore.

MonteChristo

Nov 20, 2017
To update the mod on an existing game, do I just re-download the mod package and merge the content of the new mod package into the already mod'ed game? Or do I need to reinstall the game?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
will I have to reapply those codes for scenes and stuff again?
If you want to unlock with cheats the new 0.7 wallpapers that were added or max out with cheats the new stats that were added in 0.7 like Lin's footjobs then yes, otherwise no.

The numbers for day and cash don't fit in the UI anymore.
I'll see if I can fix that and use the old fonts for those 2 things.

To update the mod on an existing game, do I just re-download the mod package and merge the content of the new mod package into the already mod'ed game? Or do I need to reinstall the game?
I'm not sure what you mean. The current mod is for v0.7 which was released yesterday.

Reactions: MonteChristo

ZikarnKrais

Jun 21, 2018
Quick note, regarding Maria's beach scenes 1/2, it should check for 5 sluttiness instead of 4, as the actual check for the scene is if the sluttiness is greater than 4.

Reactions: Maid Lain

ZikarnKrais

Jun 21, 2018
Sorry for the double-posting but I checked the code and Autumn doesn't join unless it's day 55 and over rather than 40 as you have in your guide. The 2nd-floor requirement still stays the same.

The twins/clones only join if the day is greater than or equal to 45. You have it as 34 in the guide.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Sorry for the double-posting but I checked the code and Autumn doesn't join unless it's day 55 and over rather than 40 as you have in your guide. The 2nd-floor requirement still stays the same.

The twins/clones only join if the day is greater than or equal to 45. You have it as 34 in the guide.
Thanks. All of those values were correct in 0.5 and/or 0.6, but I guess Runey has changed them since then. I'll update them for the 0.7.1 version of the game/mod.

ZikarnKrais

Jun 21, 2018
Found another change: Lin's Level 20 Event is no longer just based on the Bot Friendship Level being greater than Level 3. It now needs to be greater than level 7 and the bot obedience must be greater than or equal to 4

ZikarnKrais

Jun 21, 2018
Quick note, looks like Runey's removed the mbeach4 variable (corresponding with the Let's Have Sex 2/2 for Maria), might want to just set it to "-" similar to Lin's cafe scene.

_Neversoft_

Jan 9, 2019
Thanks for all of your hard work. You make replaying these games a ton of fun. Again, thanks and please keep up the amazing quality!

>Edit<
How do we post reviews? Also, what does "remove utility room rng" mean?

Last edited:

dd_tran

Aug 15, 2018
How do you get the last scene in the preview with Emma and Autumn? I loaded my save from .7 and have Autumn completed. But my choices are still the same. I can ask her about herself or take her out to the cafe.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
How do we post reviews? Also, what does "remove utility room rng" mean?
At the top of this page underneath the thread title, to the right of the discussion tab.

If you meet the scene requirements there is a 1 in 3 chance that the girls will be masturbating when they are in the utility room. The cheat will remove the RNG so you will always be able to see them masturbating if you meet their scene requirements.

How do you get the last scene in the preview with Emma and Autumn? I loaded my save from .7 and have Autumn completed. But my choices are still the same. I can ask her about herself or take her out to the cafe.
Have you typed the code "lain" into the in-game computer code screen and activated the new scenes?

Reactions: UnNeXcOaSt

dd_tran

Aug 15, 2018
Yes I entered in lain. I saw the new scene with the girl in her bathing school at Ashley's school.

dd_tran

Aug 15, 2018
Ok I found those scenes. I think more were added from what it originally was because I don't remember all those dream and post dream sequences. I did play some pre release candidate 2 .7. I reloaded an old save to get those to trigger.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Ok I found those scenes. I think more were added from what it originally was because I don't remember all those dream and post dream sequences. I did play some pre release candidate 2 .7. I reloaded an old save to get those to trigger.
So you were able to see all the dream scenes? The last Autumn dream custom scene is the one in the dungeon with animation, so if you've seen that one you've done them all.

Reactions: UnNeXcOaSt

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Updated the mod download links for the 0.7.1 HH update

0.7.1 Changelog:
  • Updated the mod to 0.7.1 and corrected some things in the guides (thanks ZikarnKrais)
  • Added quite possibly the most pointless mod feature ever: a playable piano that can be accessed by clicking the stairs in the lobby
  • Added a short new custom scene with Lin! When at least 50 days have passed visit the piano to trigger the scene

If you're good enough to play songs on the piano definitely take a video and post it in this or the HH thread so I can see it!

View attachment Harem Hotel Beethoven - Lain.mp4

Reactions: Fantabaldu
5.00 star(s) 16 Votes