Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
If you have been using the old version that was updated by another modder whose name eludes me, you really should restart if you plan on using Lains mod.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Apologies in advanced if this has been asked already, but in Lord Ashram's (?) version of the mod it had a feature where it was shown next to the dialogue options which choices would lead to what point gains. Lain, would you consider adding that feature to your mod? I know that probably some people like it and some don't. But without it I just end up rolling back multiple times in every conversation anyway. So that feature was super convenient to me. Hope you're doing well, and thank you for all you're work =)

WatsonFuqs

Sep 9, 2018
I've got an idea for an expanded feature you can add dealing with the new nudes Kali can send. For me and many other people, I'm already locked out of requesting her to send nudes since I updated and it immediately played the event for sending her off to her apartment. I think it would be neat if while she's at the apartment, there is a send nude request button and either 1) You add new nudes she sends from her apartment. 2) She responds with something like "I can't take any now, but here's one I saved from earlier" and it's a random nude from university/papa ron's. 3) Both! I think this could be a good reasonable way to still have access to them even after leaving those sections of the game, especially since many people playing as the game get's updated no longer has access to these without replaying.

Phoenix Fire

Nov 12, 2020
Ive been following this game for years now and have heard about this mod before. I only recently learned however that it has extra content? Im curious to know how this was done since the character cards arent public. Did Runey give them to the creator? Or is it just use of renders by the fan artist/reused removed content.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
A cheat menu has also been added which has cheats that allow you to set your money to $99999, maximize your stats with all girls, unlock all outfits & toys, and more. I've also added an in-game Encyclopedia that gets updated as you play, and can be used to keep track of certain characters or keep informed on parts of the story. Lastly, I've also made the UI cleaner and more readable by using an improved textbox and font.

You also put in the nVidia G-Sync fix, which makes this one of a very small handful of games I can actually comfortably play in full-screen on my 144Hz 1440p monitor. I know I'm an edge case, but still, thanks for that.

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
The bartender outfit for Maria never comes, I tried getting it with the cheats but still fails
i had this same issue *work around* disable the mode and the outfit should be there (worked for me anyway) then you can reactivate the mod. for some odd reason the mod cockblocks this event

dozzy975

Aug 12, 2020
You also put in the nVidia G-Sync fix, which makes this one of a very small handful of games I can actually comfortably play in full-screen on my 144Hz 1440p monitor. I know I'm an edge case, but still, thanks for that.
same, huge fan of that

No shade throwing here, but I still can't believe that most gamers are still not defaulted at 1440p these days. I get it, from a "I need all the fps" perspective, but even then, there are 1440p panels out there that are straight fire!

erikhuis

Jun 11, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/lobby_script.rpy", line 177, in script
if lain_custom_scenes_active and lain_highfashion_step == 1 and ellen_friendship >= 7 and talk_whiterose and (time_of_day == 1 or time_of_day == 2):
File "game/scripts/lobby_script.rpy", line 177, in <module>
if lain_custom_scenes_active and lain_highfashion_step == 1 and ellen_friendship >= 7 and talk_whiterose and (time_of_day == 1 or time_of_day == 2):
NameError: name 'lain_custom_scenes_active' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/lobby_script.rpy", line 177, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/lobby_script.rpy", line 177, in <module>
NameError: name 'lain_custom_scenes_active' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Harem Hotel v0.17
Wed Sep 20 21:27:46 2023

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes