Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Griinch

Stealing your Christmas for no reason
Uploader
Jul 20, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label out1 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_out_cont1.rpy", line 13:
    menu out1(screen="room_menu"):
and File "game/script.rpy", line 13383:

The label berns is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_out_cont1.rpy", line 39:
                menu berns:
and File "game/script.rpy", line 13409:
                menu berns:

The label out2 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_out_cont2.rpy", line 15:
    menu out2(screen="room_menu2"):
and File "game/script.rpy", line 14719:

The label _call_elfatspa_4 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_elftown.rpy", line 36:
    call elfatspa from _call_elfatspa_4
and File "game/script.rpy", line 19752:

The label _call_check_time_26 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_elftown.rpy", line 52:
    call check_time from _call_check_time_26
and File "game/script.rpy", line 19768:

The label _call_clearscreen_360 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/bar_label_bar.rpy", line 43:
        call clearscreen from _call_clearscreen_360
and File "game/scripts/bar.rpy", line 127:

The label _call_check_time_22 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/bar_label_bar.rpy", line 67:
    call check_time from _call_check_time_22
and File "game/scripts/bar.rpy", line 151:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Tue Jun 27 12:52:51 2023

Aereon1104

May 12, 2019
I've updated the mod for 0.17.2
Sorry for not having it updated for 0.17.1, I was really depressed waiting for 0.17.2 to come out, definitely.

fasd95 Fallen Angel Productions
The inaccessible Kali college issue was a bug from the game and is fixed in 0.17.2

I removed it from the mod because Runey completely removed the DreamScape in 0.17 and I could restore the DreamScape and Violet's scenes, but it would make the mod like an extra 300mb in size so I don't want to since it would make the mod too big.

I have some images and animations of the model girl but sadly not enough to make a full custom scene.
Release all the content you want
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label out1 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_out_cont1.rpy", line 13:
and File "game/script.rpy", line 13383:

The label berns is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_out_cont1.rpy", line 39:
                menu berns:
and File "game/script.rpy", line 13409:
                menu berns:

The label out2 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_out_cont2.rpy", line 15:
and File "game/script.rpy", line 14719:

The label _call_elfatspa_4 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_elftown.rpy", line 36:
and File "game/script.rpy", line 19752:

The label _call_check_time_26 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_elftown.rpy", line 52:
and File "game/script.rpy", line 19768:

The label _call_clearscreen_360 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/bar_label_bar.rpy", line 43:
and File "game/scripts/bar.rpy", line 127:

The label _call_check_time_22 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/bar_label_bar.rpy", line 67:
and File "game/scripts/bar.rpy", line 151:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Tue Jun 27 12:52:51 2023
Go to your game folder and remove the duplicated files

Griinch

Stealing your Christmas for no reason
Uploader
Jul 20, 2021
Release all the content you want

Go to your game folder and remove the duplicated files
thanks. i seriously didn't think of doing that the first :ROFLMAO: no sarcasm. still didn't work

Last edited:

FusiFranse

Apr 28, 2020
Just some cosmetics as a remark:
I would appreciate an automatical 'go back' (as in the shower-room) when nothing happens for every door for wellness and cleaning.

I posted this on main page but odds are, that it's not implemented soon.... :rolleyes:

mrdhrrflu

Dec 15, 2021
I'm running into this error once I merge the mod files into the game folder and the game isn't even starting.
I'd appreciate any insights on how I can fix it. Thanks

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/mod/Lain_Encyclopedia.rpy", line 184, in <module>
File "game/mod/scripts/enc.rpy", line 376, in __init__
File "game/mod/scripts/enc.rpy", line 851, in add_entry
File "game/mod/scripts/enc.rpy", line 769, in sort_entries
File "game/mod/scripts/enc.rpy", line 1026, in push_locked_to_bottom
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'NoneType'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "game/mod/Lain_Encyclopedia.rpyc", line 1, in script
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/revertable.py", line 281, in revertable_sorted
return RevertableList(sorted(*args, **kwargs))

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Harem Hotel v0.17.2
Thu Jun 29 18:13:50 2023

Aereon1104

May 12, 2019
I'm running into this error once I merge the mod files into the game folder and the game isn't even starting.
I'd appreciate any insights on how I can fix it. Thanks

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "/Volumes/Macbook/Mega/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/renpy/revertable.py", line 281, in revertable_sorted
return RevertableList(sorted(*args, **kwargs))

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Harem Hotel v0.17.2
Thu Jun 29 18:13:50 2023
make a backup of your save files , delete the game entirely and extract it again as if was new, then apply the mod as the instructions commands

mrdhrrflu

Dec 15, 2021
make a backup of your save files , delete the game entirely and extract it again as if was new, then apply the mod as the instructions commands
I didn't have to delete the game or change anything with the folder. I was originally trying to run it on Renpy 8, that's were I was getting the error after adding the mod files to the game folder, but then I tried to run on Renpy 7 and it worked just fine. Thank you!

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I've updated the mod for 0.17.2
Sorry for not having it updated for 0.17.1, I was really depressed waiting for 0.17.2 to come out, definitely.

fasd95 Fallen Angel Productions
The inaccessible Kali college issue was a bug from the game and is fixed in 0.17.2

I removed it from the mod because Runey completely removed the DreamScape in 0.17 and I could restore the DreamScape and Violet's scenes, but it would make the mod like an extra 300mb in size so I don't want to since it would make the mod too big.

I have some images and animations of the model girl but sadly not enough to make a full custom scene.
great thanks for letting me know Lain I'll finish the update

Jun 26, 2023
So, in v0.17 the DreamScape was cut, does this affect only Violet in the mod or are there other custom/restore content removed too?

Damn, I wanted to check Violet, can't do it in previously versions. Actually, I never realize that her restored content was in the DreamScape.

Oh, well.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
View attachment 2733087
persisant on every screen after boob comparison of Android and Kali.
Tried different things but it remains on screen.
Ah this is an annoying bug caused by Runey using an old version of Renpy.
Press "Shift+O" then copy and paste in "hide screen lain_recommend_sound" without the quotes then press enter.

So, in v0.17 the DreamScape was cut, does this affect only Violet in the mod or are there other custom/restore content removed too?

Damn, I wanted to check Violet, can't do it in previously versions. Actually, I never realize that her restored content was in the DreamScape.
The DreamScape got completely removed so all of the scenes with it were also removed from the base game. Violet was only on the DreamScape in the 0.16.2 version of my mod. If you really wanna see Violet's scenes then you could download the and use the 0.16.2 mod linked below.

anyone has links for the mod for 16.2 version of game?
Here is the old mod.

Jun 26, 2023
Don't know if it's reported, but I found that if you use more than one time the 'unlock all outfits and toys' cheat, you get more than one outfits, as well as toys and Android modules. Also, you could give the extra stuff repeatedly to the girls, even if you did it before.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
mine looked like that and still was spouting out errors...mine hitting me up on discord or messaging me here with a DL link of the Game+MODs?
Did you use UnRen on the game or are you using the unofficial compressed version of the game? I think those two reasons are the cause of duplicate files (though not 100% sure).

Don't know if it's reported, but I found that if you use more than one time the 'unlock all outfits and toys' cheat, you get more than one outfits, as well as toys and Android modules. Also, you could give the extra stuff repeatedly to the girls, even if you did it before.
Oh it does? Hmm... I think I'll just disable that cheat because some complain about it (even though it doesn't unlock any of the story outfits). Thanks for the info.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes