tech1

Nov 20, 2017
Architect,

I'm an (embedded) software engineer with a years of c++ / Java. Any suggested unity/unreal tutorials to learn 2d?

masteraaran

Jun 10, 2017
Your point is???
I think the sentiment was that, with an engine as powerful as Unity CAN be, why use it just to make a VN/3DCG style game? Why not use Renpy? or if you are going to use Unity, Why not go all out and make a full 3D game, etc....

However, I completely understand the reasons WHY going full 3D is so damn hard, and there's nothing wrong with using Unity for a task such as this. I'm sure it may even be easier to create some of the 'interactive' portions, instead of using Renpy.

f95poke

Apr 21, 2017
Was under the strong impression this was a full game as all game posts and everywhere else online this game is posted as Hack'n Stalk 2 without a version number. Was disappointed to find out it wasn't a full game.

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Was under the strong impression this was a full game as all game posts and everywhere else online this game is posted as Hack'n Stalk 2 without a version number. Was disappointed to find out it wasn't a full game.
Hi. The "2" means it's a sequel of a previous finished game. Sorry if it seems a little misleading about the project progress.
I'm using the release date as a version number for partial releases: v11042017.
Final versions will have a "Release" tag in the description

I think the sentiment was that, with an engine as powerful as Unity CAN be, why use it just to make a VN/3DCG style game? Why not use Renpy? or if you are going to use Unity, Why not go all out and make a full 3D game, etc....

However, I completely understand the reasons WHY going full 3D is so damn hard, and there's nothing wrong with using Unity for a task such as this. I'm sure it may even be easier to create some of the 'interactive' portions, instead of using Renpy.
I think people just assume that Unity means 3D game, when there are lots of amazing professional 2D games made with it (like , for a recent example). Unity is an amazing piece of software, it's free and easy to use. Even if I didn't wanted advanced animation and interactive features in my games, I would sill use it.

Architect,

I'm an (embedded) software engineer with a years of c++ / Java. Any suggested unity/unreal tutorials to learn 2d?
I think the best are the Unity official tutorials. Just go to unity3d.com/ and read them there!

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I can already see the effects in the game that you can't get in Renpy unless you rig a gif together and mini games are severely limited in Renpy as well. With me, I can understand why 3dcg and Unity can work because of the engine's flexibility. However, it's not so easy to "jump into" as Renpy is.

bartux

Donor
Aug 9, 2017
The demo is really interesting. I love the interaction in the game
For me it's a good use of the Unity platform even if the game contains 3DCG.
The animations are smoothed and really nice. The stress pick up lines mini game is fun.
Not too much text as well, that's really nice and pleasant to read.

I really enjoyed this demo.
Hope you can keep going.

Reactions: Papa Ernie and fz

jerry03

Jun 9, 2017
the last one was not bad, fun!
But this one, look very promising. keep going that way, it will be a good one :)

HerrBalrog

Nov 13, 2017
Game seems to have real potential, keep it up Architect! Would become a patreon but since I'm unemployed atm I'll have to wait until I get a job :(

Last edited:

opt

Jun 21, 2017
So far so good, but this release doesn't have enough content for a preview, only the drone image !!

klang

Aug 15, 2016
Is there/can there be a mac version? You did a mac version of the last one that worked pretty well

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Is there/can there be a mac version? You did a mac version of the last one that worked pretty well
Hi. I can make Mac releases from time to time. I have a shitty Mac from 2010, so starting Unity and generating a build in it is a pain in the ass...

Marquesse

Jun 11, 2017
5 minutes of gameplay and not even close to any nudity. Just loads of text with typos. Why even bother uploading this? What the hell...? -.-

Last edited:

LazyPanda

May 9, 2017
Wow That's a well made game even better than the first one
Can't wait for updates..
// and those who complain about Unity and blah blah blah
just run the game and you feel how much it's different from Ren'Py or others when you use all of it potential.

Reactions: selectivepaperclip

Alice Bunny

Aug 15, 2017
2.0 i think you mean 0.02 no disrespect though good game so far but calling it a 2.0 is saying it's finished and you have added a dlc to it basically

Reactions: jason95821
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes