• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod QSP Abandoned Girl Life: Quality Of Life Mod [1-10][toolkitxx]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I'm not referring to what is legally right here, I am referring to what is morally right. Mods in general are not protected by copyright laws because they are alterations of the original game content. The real damage is to the communities involved. Modders get discouraged to continue creating content and communities get torn apart over things like this and that is why many modding sites have a no tolerance policy on things of this nature. :pensive:
If we're speaking of morality why not mention the dozens of companies that the original game has "damaged" over miss use of content. You've mentioned asking for the permission of the content creator but the content creator of this game did exactly the opposite.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Morally right is exactly what i do - being in the open, publishing what i do including any intend including concepts, code etc.
The only person being harassed in this way has been me and any person somewhat attached to this project despite it not being anything more than a personal adjusted version that gets shared with others.
Not Kevin but a community made the game what it was when i began my changes and everything has been credited ever since - despite your group continuing to discredit us for not doing so. Your code still contains libraries made by russian programmers and being handled and declared as your own without a single credit line. Even code that was already made by people like Drugas gets modified a bit by a member of your group and sold as 'new'. Ideas and code gets grabbed from other games like 'cursed' etc - you have those quotes in your own forums.

Throwing with stones while sitting in the glass house is a 'smart' move - pun intended. I heard your claim, stated it will be gone (actually is already unless i havnt caught a minor line but 10 locations just left the base code).

P.S.: If the first thing someone does is adding 'community leader ' to ones signature and acting like he is but his only effort is to lurk, discredit and rant instead of actually taking care of the precious players in his own thread here was simply enough for some to act. They meant well and felt like protecting a member of their community but you also failed to understand that Kevin has no standing here - this is not his community.

Last edited:

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
If you must get in to such accusations, then get it right. No code has been grabbed from anywhere, a couple of ideas were from games like Cursed and Newlife (who's author is well aware) but the code is all custom written by GL community members.

New additions to Drugas' work are credited as new, your point?

I know the game was made by a community, your inability to try and work in a community eviroment and treating it like the KS show is the reason we don't work together and my resposibility to protect the interests of said community is why I identified my position and made the community's position clear in my posts here.

I'm sorry you feel like this is harasment but if your team and followers stayed away from our forums you wouldn't have them here all wound up and feeling like you are stealing from them. Instead you play the victim so I no longer care for you and ask that you up hold your pledge and that you check on the Girl Life repo and remove the nearly 4000 commits I've made (there's not enough space here to list all that content).

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors, Kevin.

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Since you are just the current owner of the repository and have to make commits on behalf of anyone else i am not able to accept your claim - thus the open invitation. Violet kitty followed this while you already changed your statement between your last post and this by 180 degree from first not claiming and then again claiming.

Violet Kitten

Writer of Romantic Love Stories.
Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
What content have you "added" to this project? You simply stole the work of others and are reworking it to fit your own purpose. It is the equivalent of me stealing a painting then bending it backwards and claiming it as my own work. You have added nothing of note here and you know nothing of what additions Kevin has created and the motivation he provides. I have been following Girl Life for over a year and constantly looking over the forums as well as chatting with the content creators and I know how much love from them is poured into this game.

If Kevin was to take out the content from the original russian game then we would have a ton of content that we could rebuild from, but if you were to take out the content that you didn't create then what would you have? NOTHING!!! :mad:

P.S. I never claimed that the community here is not yours. I am stating that the game content has been stolen. You like to claim that the wrong doing that you do is justified because Kevin has done worst. It is the equivalent of someone murdering a baby then claiming that he is justified in this because the baby's father punched his son. You can play the victim all you want but you can not claim that you made any of the content that you are using. :mad:

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
P.S. I never claimed that the community here is not yours. I am stating that the game content has been stolen. You like to claim that the wrong doing that you do is justified because Kevin has done worst. It is the equivalent of someone murdering a baby then saying that the baby's father punched his son. You can play the victim all you want but you can not claim that you made any of the content that you are using. :mad:
You are indeed correct. The game's content and ideas has been stolen, from Google and other games alike. But this is a mod, not the game itself. To use your own words against yourself, and your community over at TFG: "You can play the victim all you want but you can not claim that you made any of the content that you are using."

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I know the game was made by a community, your inability to try and work in a community eviroment
My dad always told me something that roughly translates to this:
"Why settle for a pile when you can aspire for a mountain."
Because he's going solo doesn't mean he's weak, or that he can't interact in a community environment, it means he has his plans and he wants them to come to life, as opposed to the plans of the others.

-//-
But never mind that any and all text posted whether toolkitxx agrees to remove or not certain content means fuck all. You and everyone involved in making alterations, new content, mods or even the original game are in place to file a dmca or claim IP so all I see here is pointless discussion from the legal standpoint. From the moral standpoint I'll leave it up to @toolkitxx and if he wishes to not continue this discussion and continue his work I'll block you from replying onto this thread and you can take the legal route which you have no grounds in.

I'll also leave this message: If I see any personal attacks I'll perma ban anyone.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I make commits for those who do not create repo forks, but that is a tiny amount of the commits I have made and they are all clearly credited.

I am not surprised by your response toolkitxx, most of the translations were done by me and the vast majority of the bug fixes too. There would be a large hole in Girl Life without my contributions.

I told you I did not need to stake a claim and I don't, you can view our repo backup on GitHub (it's upto date as of 0.6.1.1)

That'll save you having to login to GitLab. You can clearly see what is and is not my contribution.

I will respond calmly to TCMS by saying that the abilities to work in a community were not based on the starting of this thread or anything after that time but the way he conducted himself on TFGS beforehand.;)

Bite Me LLZ

Modder
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
What content have you "added" to this project? You simply stole the work of others and are reworking it to fit your own purpose. It is the equivalent of me stealing a painting then bending it backwards and claiming it as my own work. You have added nothing of note here and you know nothing of what additions Kevin has created and the motivation he provides. I have been following Girl Life for over a year and constantly looking over the forums as well as chatting with the content creators and I know how much love from them is poured into this game.

If Kevin was to take out the content from the original russian game then we would have a ton of content that we could rebuild from, but if you were to take out the content that you didn't create then what would you have? NOTHING!!! :mad:

P.S. I never claimed that the community here is not yours. I am stating that the game content has been stolen. You like to claim that the wrong doing that you do is justified because Kevin has done worst. It is the equivalent of someone murdering a baby then claiming that he is justified in this because the baby's father punched his son. You can play the victim all you want but you can not claim that you made any of the content that you are using. :mad:
If you would please calm down, that would be nice no matter what content belongs to who, i dont believe that changes that fact that we have given you respect and accomdation, and have recived a rant and insults in return. We all have our rights to opinon, but i ask, that you accept that we have been nothing but curteous and have removed your content enough, to let go of your anger, and conduct a conversation as a sophisticated adult, and try to understand both sides, without your obvious bias. I have no wish to take away your freedom of opinon but, if you could choose your words more carefully in the future that would be much appreciated. Thank you :)

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
For once i am actually going to have the last word. My conduct on the TFG has not been of any concern in regards to any of the TFG rules and stating the opposite is clearly a continued trial to discredit me personally. It is the exact continuation how you tried to 'explain' your behaviour and personal attacks AFTER i had already ended the private conversation. Just because someone has a different opinion seems to entitle you to lash out left and right including people who actually did the majority work for your wiki project. I hate to disappoint but i didnt cave back then about facts regarding the code and its base and i simply put my work where my mouth was already back then. I rewrote a lot by now, i use concepts that are described in the base documentation of qsp that you seem to not understand until today. If you fear to lose control because the code and the game finally become available without your editorial control you are right to be afraid as that is the entire base of this project - to enable everyone that has interest to actually play the game without constant cheating and to be able to add content without the 'editorial' power you execute currently via your group.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
You have started responding to a differnet statment than the one I made and finished with a threat. I thought we had been asked to cut out the personal attacks?:frown:

Reactions: ohboy

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
You have started responding to a differnet statment than the one I made and finished with a threat. I thought we had been asked to cut out the personal attacks?:frown:
Merely stating facts that you had the chance to state as well but 'smartly' covered so far as it would actually show how much of a farce this entire thing is. I answered everything and wont anymore - you had your chance and managed again to rant, flip statements like the wind changes. I would hate to take advantage of TCMS offer to permaban so i suggest you stop stomping your feet because if you would just use half as much time actually fixing stuff to not break again instead of wasting it trying to get your opinion to be THE one we would never even have been in this situation to begin with. Done.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Please do talk to TCMS because all you have posted since their comment is personal attacks.

darkness1

May 9, 2017
i have a question ............ are there plans to expand the teachers quests .. and i like the game a lot the originele and the mod .. so keep up the good work.........ps sorry for the spelling i am not english

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
As I've pointed out this is a pointless discussion and with the agreement of the starter of the thread I've banned certain people from replying. If a dev comes here (on f95 about any game) and throws a hissy fit we will do the same. Now let's try to get back on topic :)

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
i have a question ............ are there plans to expand the teachers quests .. and i like the game a lot the originele and the mod .. so keep up the good work.........ps sorry for the spelling i am not english
Yes there is. Connecting dead ends is actually THE content job we look at most and will begin with first

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
... truly don't get the big deal my self over all this o.o to me it just looks like a bunch of ego's that can't let something go ... well that's my opinion.
Now i'll go back to trying to ignore the false drama an back to waiting to see how the mod progress's :D

Last edited:

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
... truly don't get the big deal ...
Yeah, I'm the same way. So we end up with TWO different games - bummer! [/SARCASM]

While I respect ALL parties involved, I have got to ask:
"If you contribute to an "open source" project, do you have the right to ask for your contribution back if you don't like the direction of the project a year from now?"

Reactions: ShiKage89

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Yeah, I'm the same way. So we end up with TWO different games - bummer! [/SARCASM]

While I respect ALL parties involved, I have got to ask:
"If you contribute to an "open source" project, do you have the right to ask for your contribution back if you don't like the direction of the project a year from now?"
There is no strict ruling unless the code has actual some kind of statement what it is. Each open source version is slightly different in what may or may not get changed. Some versions allow total freedom, some require credit only and so on. There is a whole set of options to chose from. But this isnt open source to begin with as the base is already just a mod and not a developed game since even the ETO (being the mother of all) wasnt following any rules regarding content used to begin with thus never being able to claim any rights to itself.

Reactions: ShiKage89
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes