Mod QSP Abandoned Girl Life: Quality Of Life Mod [1-10][toolkitxx]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Girl life as some other popular games is a big and complex game - but it unfortunately doesnt provide much in terms of help or hints. This mod aims to change that. Main focus is on enhancing the player experience and not to add content (yet).

As quality of life mod this first version of the mod contains a number of usability enhancements like fixing the UI into a better readable arrangement, showing stats in a more consolidated way as well as rearranging links and actions into one area to ready the game for a full hint/help system.

Feed back and Bug reports: As the clean-up advances we are starting to be able to fix things. We have setup the project on github and will be able to track reported bugs from now on. If you like our work so far we ask you to give us both feedback and bug reports.

Attention!! Please use our new bug report form that integrates directly with our github project without you having to log into github yourself.
Its completely anonymous if you don't provide an e-mail or you can provide one and don't set it for public view. That way you will receive an update status when the issue gets changed or fixed. The game will provide a new button for this as well in the next update. Attention!!

As the header states: this is based on the code of the 0.601 version of Girl life ecv(english community version). It will most likely deviate from any further development of the TFG version regarding content and has to be treated as its own version).
This means only the appropriate mod image and sound packs will work properly!
Important announcement

The image pack links have been updated.
This is due to the unification process we announced. All pictures have been resized to not
exceed 500x500 in width or height. This already saves nearly 700MB in needed disc space
and also unifies our page design in the game.

Please make sure you download the version - best prior to the weekend update of the mod itself!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How to download and play:
As an alternative, you can get a full torrent of all these items below
1. Make sure you have the complete image pack for QOL mod V1 -- - \
2. Make sure you have the complete sound pack for ecv 0.60 version - \ \
3. Download the latest version of the mod by using the red colored mega or torrent link below
4. The mod contains several files - the changelog and other files with folder names that tell you where to put stuff
Note: You don't have to place the qspgui.cfg into your player folder! You can place the qspgui.cfg directly into your game folder. If you want to prevent it from being changed make sure to set 'read-only' attributes
5. start your game via the provided Start.bat
Note: You can NOT use the mod with image and soundpacks from TFG 0.61.

\

(Includes the qsp and sound and image packs)

A few pics to make it easier to understand the changes:
gamesettings.png npc_relations.png settings menu.PNG disco people.PNG new layout and gui.PNG UI cleanup5.png UI cleanup4.PNG reminder.PNG web bugreport.PNG

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
The mod will not give you any content that has been added with 0.61 and forward as stated in the OP

Quacker

The Quacker
Respected User
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
I am already on 0.6.1 and using the dev-builds, so better not to use your mod?
Dear member what @toolkitxx, is trying to is expand on the 0.6.0 version of the game, if you download a qsp tool an open up the qsp you will see that the qsp is a complete mess, an that when playing the game there is next to no info about stuff until you actually go to it.

Reactions: Burt and toolkitxx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Updated to V1-2 including more clean-up and quite a few 'tips' as well as pop-ups for the first few events

Dont be shy to comment - this is supposed to enhance your experience and will depend on feedback in the long run

P.S.: Unless otherwise noted save games will always be compatible meaning you can always use the newest version of the mod even in the middle of a play-through.

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I need input on the following:
During the disco sessions you can select to approach people you know. I am personally extremely unsatisfied with that list of text links as a means of navigation. My current approach would be to use the same feature that is used in the residential area for friends - something like a table but including small pics for each character. Would that be sufficient?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Created a minor bug with the new shopping mall menu - visiting the G&M store will send you back to Pav - fixed for next version

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Thought i put this here - for giggles and self-motivation
indie dev whiteboard magic.jpg

I am deeply buried in the code right now and making progress in ripping it apart. Have done more clean-up and will update again the next day or the day after

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I need input on the following:
During the disco sessions you can select to approach people you know. I am personally extremely unsatisfied with that list of text links as a means of navigation. My current approach would be to use the same feature that is used in the residential area for friends - something like a table but including small pics for each character. Would that be sufficient?
Well - since no one commented on it i decided for myself - this is how it will look in 1-3:

Reactions: Lyrane and ray3dave

vkozyrev

Jul 2, 2017
Is this game being in development? Are you going to fork from the original game?

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Is this game being in the development? Are you going to fork from the original game?
Ultimately - yes. The entire idea was to enhance UI first but i figured very quickly that that required code cleaning. So the mod itself will feature mostly the UI part while i rip the code apart, reshuffle it into a more template style and then i will open it up for contributors via github so quests and events can be fixed and/or enhanced.

Headline for the current work i do is mostly 'unifying' as much as possible. From actions and their names to variables and functions and their placement. A lot of that isnt visible in the mod itself as i move code into a clean project.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Looks really good toolkitxx! I always wished there was more interaction there (disco) though. (Haven't played for a year or so, but had 100+ hours before that!)
The original ecv group continues to add content - so if you want more action right now you should go for that version. I just dont believe that more content is actually making the game any better given its current state and lack of information - thus the mod to make it also easier for new players to get into it.

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
The original ecv group continues to add content - so if you want more action right now you should go ...
That's a joke right? :) Seriously, I used to follow every move they made. But when they got their own forum, the # of posts (and involvement) exploded. I Don't understand how Kevin keeps up with it and still has time to keep us notified.

What little I did continue to follow just didn't go in the right direction. (SOLELY my opinion!)

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
:) I tried to be diplomatic before someone calls me a toxic being again
You are definitely more than welcome to hang around here - and dont be shy with comments of stuff you find useful or stupid in the mod either. Ultimate goal is after all to make the game experience a better one for everybody without digging into code to find answers.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I hope you didn't take my post that way. I was merely joking that keeping up with that sub-forum would be a full time job. Apologies if I offended!
Not the slightest offense there - no worries. I understood that it was a joke - check your pms ;)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes