• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Kelazad

Feb 24, 2019
FYI - for both the author and other players - the fight skill bug is very easy to fix. Just open up the "Game of Boobs.html" file in Notepad++, search for the line "set $fightSkill = fightSkill + 10" and change it to "set $fightSkill = $fightSkill + 10". Basically unless there's a $ at the beginning of a word, Twine won't recognize it as a variable, which is causing the bug. Adding a single $ in the right spot fixes it. :)

Reactions: raileg

raileg

Feb 14, 2018
FYI - for both the author and other players - the fight skill bug is very easy to fix. Just open up the "Game of Boobs.html" file in Notepad++, search for the line "set $fightSkill = fightSkill + 10" and change it to "set $fightSkill = $fightSkill + 10". Basically unless there's a $ at the beginning of a word, Twine won't recognize it as a variable, which is causing the bug. Adding a single $ in the right spot fixes it. :)
there is an explanation at 1st page and i've spend almost an hour trying to edit wih html editor like it was suggestetd (i'm not a coder) before i've reached this variant of fix

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
there is an explanation at 1st page and i've spend almost an hour trying to edit wih html editor like it was suggestetd (i'm not a coder) before i've reached this variant of fix
Almost an hour? That's... impressive. When all that you needed to do was just open it with notepad or any text editor and search (ctrl+f) for
set $fightSkill = fightSkill + 10
to replace it with
set $fightSkill = $fightSkill + 10
and it takes less than a minute.

Game itself is pretty bare bones and damn grindy I would wait for at least 5 more updates before playing it.

Kelazad

Feb 24, 2019
Almost an hour? That's... impressive. When all that you needed to do was just open it with notepad or any text editor and search (ctrl+f) for to replace it with and it takes less than a minute.

Game itself is pretty bare bones and damn grindy I would wait for at least 5 more updates before playing it.
This is why I decided to post the "how-to" fix - hopefully it saves people some time and frustration and maybe they learn something in the process. And hopefully the dev will take note and revisit the code - a lot of the bugs and errors seem to just be caused by typos. I do agree with you that this will be much better after a few updates - I think it's off to a promising start though!

Reactions: raileg

raileg

Feb 14, 2018
Almost an hour? That's... impressive. When all that you needed to do was just open it with notepad or any text editor and search (ctrl+f) for to replace it with and it takes less than a minute.

if you know how to do it of course it'll take less than a minute - i've tried several html editors but it seems i'm too dumb to use them & then bam - why not notepad? then it worked

Reactions: Kelazad

Kelazad

Feb 24, 2019
if you know how to do it of course it'll take less than a minute - i've tried several html editors but it seems i'm too dumb to use them & then bam - why not notepad? then it worked
Notepad works, but Notepad++ is even better, and it's free and easy to download. You should be able to find it with a quick google, and it makes these kinds of edits a lot easier due to the way it shows lines of text.

You can mod the game this way pretty extensively, especially if you want to reduce some of the grind. Use ctrl-F to search for variables like money, other skills, etc. Most of the HTML games on this site can be tweaked this way. Make a backup copy and then go nuts - best way to learn! :)

raileg

Feb 14, 2018
Notepad works, but Notepad++ is even better, and it's free and easy to download. You should be able to find it with a quick google, and it makes these kinds of edits a lot easier due to the way it shows lines of text.

You can mod the game this way pretty extensively, especially if you want to reduce some of the grind. Use ctrl-F to search for variables like money, other skills, etc. Most of the HTML games on this site can be tweaked this way. Make a backup copy and then go nuts - best way to learn! :)
i'm using saveeditor for this and haven't thought that with notepad i can edit html file

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
It is, actually easy. Just use big gulps, than rest and repeat.

My question is, how to travel to Dragonstone? Other than cheating, of course. That quest line works, I cheated to get there, but I have no clue how to trigger it.
same

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes