Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
no, its not a debug thing. im pretty sure its the chromium based scraper which allows the client to pull new metadata on titles locally, instead of relying on the metadata server to push changes.

that really should have no say in the database its loading. the db should be in a folder called tid. if your client was set to be portable then it should be within your GL install folder. If not then it can be in your appdata folder or documents.... don't quite recall :)

Please also note that we have a discord and tid the dev is also on there now for faster replies.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
I really haven't got the first clue what to do with this program?
set install directory and scheme, find your game and click install and then play :)
its a manager, it tells you when your game has new updates and also informs what version you installed and your play state and metadata on the games.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
set install directory and scheme, find your game and click install and then play :)
its a manager, it tells you when your game has new updates and also informs what version you installed and your play state and metadata on the games.
what do you mean by set the scheme? I have my avn games on my external e drive , so i set it like this E:\AVN\ for source directory, i set base directory at E:\ i dont know what else to do? it said I have like 120k games which seems a bit weird. I know I have a lot but not that many lol

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
what do you mean by set the scheme?
Scheme would be called Sub Directory in the settings. 1657660269735.png

Set a base Directory then set a scheme then just browse F95 on the left there and find your title by name and click the install button.

EDIT: the thing is, the client contains metadata and info on all titles even if you have them installed or not. there is 12 053 titles currently.
Your welcome page will inform you with how many games you "own", though the wording there should be installed IMO. 1657660454354.png

Reactions: laseracid

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Scheme would be called Sub Directory in the settings. View attachment 1922391

Set a base Directory then set a scheme then just browse F95 on the left there and find your title by name and click the install button.

EDIT: the thing is, the client contains metadata and info on all titles even if you have them installed or not. there is 12 053 titles currently.
Your welcome page will inform you with how many games you "own", though the wording there should be installed IMO. View attachment 1922397
it might seem like a really stupid question, but can this scan the games I have and then update them automatically or something like that?

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
you would install a title with this button: 1657660548859.png

Then you just verify that the version value pre-filled is correct then click folder / archive or drag and drop the exe or zip onto that button.
1657660612331.png

Reactions: laseracid

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
what do you mean by set the scheme? I have my avn games on my external e drive , so i set it like this E:\AVN\ for source directory, i set base directory at E:\ i dont know what else to do? it said I have like 120k games which seems a bit weird. I know I have a lot but not that many lol
The thing that may be confusing you is that it is not checking the games you have installed, that is it checking the F95 database. So at the moment the way you have it set up is that when you tell it to install a game, it will look for it in e:\avn\game1 and save it in e:\game1. It does not scan the folder and install automatically, you have to add them manually. So I would move your existing games to e:\avn\archive, then manually install them into e:\avn. After you have them installed, any time you run game-manager it will check for updates

Reactions: Neko-Chan Pacifica

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
it might seem like a really stupid question, but can this scan the games I have and then update them automatically or something like that?
sadly no, it does not scan. we used to be able to scan in bulks but this was far from perfect and needed a full overhaul by the dev. hopefully we can return to that feature and clean it up.

Time to install is one of the main frustrations with this, but you dont install hundreds of games every day, you maybe do a handful or more a week.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
installing does not require the user to move files though. he can just point to them in the current location, but the mapping might not match what it would make for new folders and paths.

The "Localize" button is just the point too / mapping button. I believe you can just drag and drop exe files on that aswell. which would be faster really.
having an explorer window and dropping the exe is the way to go for speed here.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
The thing that may be confusing you is that it is not checking the games you have installed, that is it checking the F95 database. So at the moment the way you have it set up is that when you tell it to install a game, it will look for it in e:\avn\game1 and save it in e:\game1. It does not scan the folder and install automatically, you have to add them manually. So I would move your existing games to e:\avn\archive, then manually install them into e:\avn. After you have them installed, any time you run game-manager it will check for updates
thank you so much I think i understand now.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
installing does not require the user to move files though. he can just point to them in the current location, but the mapping might not match what it would make for new folders and paths.

The "Localize" button is just the point too / mapping button. I believe you can just drag and drop exe files on that aswell. which would be faster really.
having an explorer window and dropping the exe is the way to go for speed here.
if i try to install any update, what seems to be happening, is that it will create a new folder using the developer's name, and it will claim that the new update is in the folder. when i click it and try the game, it's still the old version. Not sure what is happening there. I even accidentally managed to somehow delete one of my games (i normally keep all my games on one disk, and play them on another ssd (the e drive is my 16tb storage disk which i dont use to play anything on) because its a lot faster. They will stay on the other disk until I have played them, or there is an update, which would mean manual updating, which is painful when you have so many.
for some reason it's moving files from avn into the parent games folder on e:\ but not updating anything.

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
OK so this is the way I do it. Here's how I have my preferences set up. As you can see I dont bother saving old version or copying the saves as most renpy games have them stored in appdata or somewhere as well as just the original folder.
Gamelist1.jpg

So when a new game comes in that I want to install or update, I unzip the zip file to the f:\hentai\new folder. Let's take Claires quest as an example
Gamelist2.jpg

I then run gamelist and go to the 'Browse F95' section on the left and under the name box to the right type in Claire. That brings up all the games that have Claire in the title. I then right click on the tile and click on the icon on far bottom left (to the left of the recycle icon)
Gamelist3.jpg

From the popup that appears I select 'folder/archive' button then the game file. In this case being an rpmg file its called Game.exe. For renpy ones select the name of the game rather than the 32 bit variant exe.

Gamelist4.jpg

After that it will copy over the folder and install it in F:\Hentai. Do the same when you want to update from one version to another, just note that you can go to the update section in the gamelist screenshot rather than the F95 section.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Its very annoying that It freezes after every new clicks
This shouldn't happen really, you could try the alpha release maybe. Else the only reason i can see this being an issue is when it reads or writes to the db and it takes longer than usual. Keeping the client/db on an SSD should help in theory.

Please join the Discord if you want to troubleshoot anything in a live chat.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
the app locks up for me all the time how do you use the index fixer?
Witch version are you using?
You can try to reindex games.fic. Maybe I should add an option to the tool to reindex all the files at once.

laseracid

Jul 4, 2017
Witch version are you using?
You can try to reindex games.fic. Maybe I should add an option to the tool to reindex all the files at once.
2.17.18a9.14 is the version I'm using its been like that the entire time I've been using the app

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes