Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

tid

Aug 16, 2017
The 18a was stable so I made a stable release.

There is a hidden update in it: an option to save your data online.
If you activated stats it will save online the data of the games you own (path, favorited, local version...).
In the preference window, there is a new button to update all your data. After this, every time you add, update or launch... a game your data will be updated online.
The next step is to add an option to retrieve your data from the server. Like this, if your drive crashes you will be able to at least get your data back.

Glemer

May 18, 2022
i'm not sure if i'm using the app incorrectly or not. every time i start the app for the first time it wants to show me every update imaginable and won't let me actually access the rest of the app. i usually use playnite for managing my non-steam games, any way to disable the updates so i can try it out?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: unformatty

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
i'm not sure if i'm using the app incorrectly or not. every time i start the app for the first time it wants to show me every update imaginable and won't let me actually access the rest of the app. i usually use playnite for managing my non-steam games, any way to disable the updates so i can try it out?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Does the close button in the bottom right not get rid of that screen? If not is it hanging? When I update my version I only have 1-2 days worth to update and it still hangs for a small time while it fetches the icons/thumbnails for each game. I would think if you were updating the full database then that part may take 10-15 mins or so? Maybe. Possibly. Perhaps.

Glemer

May 18, 2022
Does the close button in the bottom right not get rid of that screen? If not is it hanging? When I update my version I only have 1-2 days worth to update and it still hangs for a small time while it fetches the icons/thumbnails for each game. I would think if you were updating the full database then that part may take 10-15 mins or so? Maybe. Possibly. Perhaps.
none of the close buttons do anything, it doesn't hang but it won't let me do anything while that window is open. i'm assuming it'll be fine once it updates but it's been taking quite a while. might be because i have it on my hard drive instead of a SSD/NVME but it's the only drive i use for f95, but i'll give it a try to see if it'll speed it up.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
none of the close buttons do anything, it doesn't hang but it won't let me do anything while that window is open. i'm assuming it'll be fine once it updates but it's been taking quite a while. might be because i have it on my hard drive instead of a SSD/NVME but it's the only drive i use for f95, but i'll give it a try to see if it'll speed it up.
Its syncing with the metadata server so its downloading all the changes that happened since last sync. It will take a few minutes but im certain you are limited by drive latency to the database location.
You can always have your client saved on your SSD as it doesnt take that much room and you dont need to have your install location be the same as the game location.

Reactions: Glemer
Oct 30, 2020
We definitely need a guide on first start up. I can't for the love of anything figure out how this works.

Edit: Also, A house in the rift does not appear in the game list.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
We definitely need a guide on first start up. I can't for the love of anything figure out how this works.

Edit: Also, A house in the rift does not appear in the game list.
no its there
1670953040477.png

Also its not that hard to figure out. just set your folders in your settings and install a title, really nothing more too it.

Oct 30, 2020
no its there
View attachment 2233191

Also its not that hard to figure out. just set your folders in your settings and install a title, really nothing more too it.
What folder goes where. Do i need to "install" every single installed game again via launcher? How does the updating work. Why does it show me every game i own is up to date when its not. [...]

Unbenannt.png

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
What folder goes where. Do i need to "install" every single installed game again via launcher? How does the updating work. Why does it show me every game i own is up to date when its not. [...]
Just search it up and click install: 1670959914951.png

As for updates, it only tracks what version you installed (you inputted yourself) and whatever is on the GL servers.
Ofc the client needs to be fully sync for this data to be correct.

And yes, you need to install the game so it knows where it is. you can choose to just point to the exe or let the client move the entire game folder to a set location based on your settings.

As for the settings, all depends on how you want it or like it.
Using the base and sub directory settings is not a requirement but it makes it easier IMO. Its ease of use and perfect sorting.
1670960192787.png

corkui

Oct 22, 2022
Game list 2.17.18.14 is broken, cannot set thumbs you choose, cannot delete incorrect images, can't make thumbs, edit image crashes the application

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
Any idea why this error would be happening every 5th game or so when I update? Started in the last week
GameManager 2023-01-29 132420.jpg

Last edited:

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Hi guys, I've got good news for me but bad for GL: I'm quitting my job for a new one so I won't have access to a windev license anymore.

So I'm searching for people interested in rewriting the client in a new language.
If you are interested you can come here:

there is already one dev that is interested, I think it would be a shame to lose all your data.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CuddleBear

Skinner

Jul 6, 2017
Hi guys, I've got good news for me but bad for GL: I'm quitting my job for a new one so I won't have access to a windev license anymore.

So I'm searching for people interested in rewriting the client in a new language.
If you are interested you can come here:

there is already one dev that is interested, I think it would be a shame to lose all your data.
What does this mean for future game information updates? Are you still going to handle that or will the new dev need to take over? If the new dev is taking over, are you going to continue doing it while they write the new client?

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes