Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Oct 30, 2020
Hi! Any idea how to fix this problem:

Ever since i switched my primary network, the auto updater when starting the game isnt working anymore.
It starts updating "page 1" and is instantly finished. When i check for updates manually, it sais everything is up to date.
HOWEVER when i update a single game manually, it will show a new version.

Kinda lost whats happened here.

EDIT: Ive allowed the game list exe and the updater exe to pass through my firewall.

Nov 2, 2017
Hi! Any idea how to fix this problem:

Ever since i switched my primary network, the auto updater when starting the game isnt working anymore.
It starts updating "page 1" and is instantly finished. When i check for updates manually, it sais everything is up to date.
HOWEVER when i update a single game manually, it will show a new version.

Kinda lost whats happened here.

EDIT: Ive allowed the game list exe and the updater exe to pass through my firewall.
I fixed this by clicking the force update in settings and letting it go thru. might take a few times

May 11, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the stupid question, but can I mark a game as "unowned"? For instance, I've downloaded a game, and played it, and didn't like it or don't want to continue playing the next version, so I want to remove it from my "owned" list of game, so that it doesn't show up when I select that tab. Is this possible?

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the stupid question, but can I mark a game as "unowned"? For instance, I've downloaded a game, and played it, and didn't like it or don't want to continue playing the next version, so I want to remove it from my "owned" list of game, so that it doesn't show up when I select that tab. Is this possible?
Enter the screen of the game, underneath the screenshots there's your entry of the game. Use the X to delete the game.
It will automatically be marked as unowned then. (You may have to do this twice if the first time doesn't take)

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Hi Everyone,
The own state is flagged when you have a path to the exe or whatever. you can either delete the version and remove the exe from the metadata or just delete the title as a whole.

May 11, 2019
The own state is flagged when you have a path to the exe or whatever. you can either delete the version and remove the exe from the metadata or just delete the title as a whole.
That doesn't seem to be right. I have deleted the installed folder for multiple games, yet they still show up in the owned tab

May 11, 2019
That doesn't seem to be right. I have deleted the installed folder for multiple games, yet they still show up in the owned tab
Just as an example:
1698159304530.png

All these games have been deleted from my installed folders, yet they are still in the "owned" section of the client ... I had to create a "not playing" filter tag if I want to stop seeing them in my list..

Apologies if I misunderstand what you're saying.

MartiniGM

Sep 30, 2017
Hi guys, I'm not dead ;) I've started working on performance improvements but am on holiday until next month.
I hope to be able to release an update in September.
But seriously... is the software dead? Last update 2.17.18.14 is from autumn 2022?

Last edited:

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
But seriously... is the software dead? Last update 2.17.18.14 is from autumn 2022?
Yeah, don't expect a reply sadly. Wish we had some feedback which was mostly the issue here.
Atlas is getting damn close to being ready so you can join the Discord for now, different devs similar client, open source all the way. We asked tid to join, we want him to join. But being offline for months at a time is commonplace sadly.
Note, Atlas does not have an F95 thread up yet as its not ready just yet for use!

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Yeah, don't expect a reply sadly. Wish we had some feedback which was mostly the issue here.
Atlas is getting damn close to being ready so you can join the Discord for now, different devs similar client, open source all the way. We asked tid to join, we want him to join. But being offline for months at a time is commonplace sadly.
Note, Atlas does not have an F95 thread up yet as its not ready just yet for use!
what is atlas?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
do you know if this playnite manager is able to import renpy games by any chance? I have downloaded, and managed to get all my games from various accounts to appear, it looks fantastic for that, but I would also obviously like to install my renpy games into the manager, but I don't know if it would even be able to update the renpy games if there are new updates for what I have?
I'm not 100% sure on that, it has many "add-ons" I would assume someone would need to make an add-on for or something like that, or you would need to add them manually.

If you want something for F95, I'd suggest this for that: F95Checker [WillyJL] you can launch and play directly from it as well.

Reactions: Neko-Chan Pacifica

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I'm not 100% sure on that, it has many "add-ons" I would assume someone would need to make an add-on for or something like that, or you would need to add them manually.

If you want something for F95, I'd suggest this for that: F95Checker [WillyJL] you can launch and play directly from it as well.
I just imported supposedly all my database of games from the listed clients, I have hundreds and hundreds of steam games, but it only listed 27. I also notice it has an itch.io add but every time i tried to add it, it says it needs a higher version than it is, so I download the very latest version which is 26, but what is very strange is, when you download and install it, it's like it isn't installed at all. When I run the scripts again to import games, itch complains and still says it needs a new version than it's current, but it downloaded the latest version so it should be running.

I think I will leave it alone, it doesn't seem to work so well on second sight. I tried the f95 tracker a longish time ago, and really struggled with it. The one thing I am sure I remember is that you still need to download games manually. It would be nice if it could download games and replace the previous update but keeping the saves, unless the game saves into the renpy folder rather than or also in the game's folder it's self. I don't know if it can or not, it was a fairly long time ago.

It would be really nice if someone could create such application like playnite, except for visual novel checking, and ability to update / auto update if set and of course list the games. with a picture of the game's titles. Given how popular avn's are, i am surprised such a program doesn't exist, except the two programs above game manager, which looks too complicated for me and the equally complicated f95 checker.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
what is atlas?
I'm pretty sure it's a client to manage games like "Game Manager"...

There is also this client to: it supports a massive list.

yeah, F95Checker, and Tracker and the death of GL is the reason Atlas is being made currently. More open-ended across the board with an open github repo. Got an metadata server that scrapes F95 for us and there is plans to make scraping 100% local aswell obviously. DLSite, Steam and emulator data is also planned to be scrapeable with time after the main client features are in. Just this week they got Banner image downloading working. UI quite custom and open across the board. And its FAST, really damn fast.

We have users that has requested Playnite integration and that might be something to explore down the line. Currently two devs working on Atlas and there is no F95 thread about it yet cause its not ready for the limelight just yet.
Discord and Github is where its at atm which is in my signature.

If you want to test the early builds then join the discord or if you want to keep up with it.
If you know C++ then please take a look at the repo and help out if you want. We also need to make qss style sheets for this and thumbnail presets for mirroring different looks of other clients. You can have the thumb grid look just like F95 or Checker if you want.

EDIT:

t doesn't seem to work so well on second sight. I tried the f95 tracker a longish time ago, and really struggled with it.

It would be really nice if someone could create such application like playnite, except for visual novel checking, and ability to update / auto update if set and of course list the games. with a picture of the game's titles. Given how popular avn's are, i am surprised such a program doesn't exist, except the two programs above game manager, which looks too complicated for me and the equally complicated f95 checker.
Well supporting more metadata sources wouldn't be too complex for Atlas, if you want anything specific to the workflow other than just searching, displaying, installing and playing the titles then that's a different story.

There has been quite a few VN Managers over the years, some real complex but also slow and bloated and many more not functional at all. Most of those also has never been updated in years and years either. Sad state of affairs, atleast Atlas will be pretty much content neutral in the end and anyone can make a metadata scraper for it to pull data from more sources.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Neko-Chan Pacifica
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes